I have a question that remains unanswered:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You said: "No-one has ever explained what God is in a way they themselves could understand, let alone in a way anyone else could."
Your statement is part true and part false: True no one can ever (fully) understand God
But God did indeed explain to us, in a way we could understand, that He is Three Persons who are One.
Otherwise He never would of explained it in the first place - Genesis where He did reveal it to us in a way we can understand.
What He never revealed to us is how the 3 persons are one. And sadly, the creeds all attempt to formulate how. They claim God is one in substance, that they are indivisibly united in such a way no one person is independent or can separate from the other two. Yet such unity is impossible if one is to understand the Atonement correctly, which is why it is so important that we believe the gospel first, allowing God to reveal Himself to us later, in as much as He thinks we can understand.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother/Friend, You just admitted to THREE persons of God in your post #538

Which is TRUTH - stay on it Brother - Peace

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah ok
im guessing you are Pentecostal?
good tree to be from, imo
Oh the gifts are real my friend . Yes they are . But i am of no denomination .
Just love and embrace every single word in that bible . For JESUS is the same back then , today and forever .
Let the glorious and magnificent Lord be praised . And be on gaurd , we have us a kunalini spirit , a spirit of divination
that has largely invaded the charasmetic movement . IT too must be avoided . cessationism is false ,
but so too are many within the charasmetic movement . WE are living in the most , absolute most deady , dangerous , deceptive
times this world and churches have ever known . Beware the false all inclusive unity we are one movement
they are uniting all right , but its under the dragon and NOT CHRIST , NOT GOD .
WE must be ever diligent and viligent in our walk . many are getting sucked into this deadly net from whence
it shall destroy them .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Oh the gifts are real my friend . Yes they are . But i am of no denomination .
Just love and embrace every single word in that bible . For JESUS is the same back then , today and forever .
Let the glorious and magnificent Lord be praised . And be on gaurd , we have us a kunalini spirit , a spirit of divination
that has largely invaded the charasmetic movement . IT too must be avoided . cessationism is false ,
but so too are many within the charasmetic movement . WE are living in the most , absolute most deady , dangerous , deceptive
times this world and churches have ever known . Beware the false all inclusive unity we are one movement
they are uniting all right , but its under the dragon and NOT CHRIST , NOT GOD .
WE must be ever diligent and viligent in our walk . many are getting sucked into this deadly net from whence
it shall destroy them .
meh, i bet there is really nothing new under the sun

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
meh, i bet there is really nothing new under the sun
There is NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN . It only get worse as we get closer to the end .
Same evil , but that evil gets far worse . THESE ARE THE LAST DAYS .
And as such , we should expect the same things paul and others said about them days . Seducers WILL GET WORSE
evil will abound more and more , deception will only abound more and more .
Hey if its in the bible , just believe it .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There is NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN . It only get worse as we get closer to the end .
And as such , we should expect the same things paul and others said about them days . Seducers WILL GET WORSE
well, i guess “last days” applied to 2000 years ago too :)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What He never revealed to us is how the 3 persons are one. And sadly, the creeds all attempt to formulate how. They claim God is one in substance, that they are indivisibly united in such a way no one person is independent or can separate from the other two. Yet such unity is impossible if one is to understand the Atonement correctly, which is why it is so important that we believe the gospel first, allowing God to reveal Himself to us later, in as much as He thinks we can understand.
This is so good.

It's a little embarrassing the way the G.C. goes so far on their website to defend the Trinity. At least they don't use 1 John 5:7. :)

Reactions: Brakelite

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more time I spend on this thread, the more I feel like I'm in danger of trampling on holy ground. :eek:

Have no worries. The 1C is clear and Jesus specifically said if one blasphemes the Son of Man they will be forgiven but not the Spirit of God.

The non-equality is glaring and trinitarian explanations are as laughable as they resemble pretzel logic.

We love God and his servants, including the servant Jesus. The title of the servant is Anointed. Anointed by who? Anointed by God. Simple.

Acts 3:13
The Voice

13 We didn’t do this—God did!The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob—the God of our ancestors has glorified Jesus, God’s servant

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, still not disagreeing with you bc idk, but do you have any support?

I have found nothing on line, but if you wish to invest about $99 dollars there is a four volume set of books entitled "The life of Yeshua the Messiah from a hebrew perspective."

I use this to teach the life of Christ in bible Institute and it is written by a born again jew who IMNSHO is probably the churches best teacher of this era.

He has much writing on this and references.

Found a few, they are weak but here they are:

Messiah and Son of Man | jesus and the gospels (uoregon.edu)

3. Jesus the Son of Man. Names and Titles of Jesus (jesuswalk.com)

The Names and Titles of Messiah by Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum. A messianic Bible study. (messianicassociation.org)

I think we have reached an impasse, we agree to disagree. that is fine. we should end on this goo dnote. Have the last post if you wish.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But how are we going to get straightened out if we talk down to each other? :)

Indeed! I don’t recall you ever acknowledging trinitarians THREATEN people with eternal damnation if one does not believe their doctrine.

Let’s start by acknowledging that gigantic presumption of superiority.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said “you are Elohim”
but Trinity doctrine seems to remove you from the equation?

Let US make man in OUR IMAGE according to OUR LIKENESS

If you remove One you remove them All and you "add to and take away from God's words which is forbidden.

Now i wait for the - not me it's you brother..........inspite of Scripture.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have no worries. The 1C is clear and Jesus specifically said if one blasphemes the Son of Man they will be forgiven but not the Spirit of God.

The non-equality is glaring and trinitarian explanations are as laughable as they resemble pretzel logic.

We love God and his servants, including the servant Jesus. The title of the servant is Anointed. Anointed by who? Anointed by God. Simple.

Acts 3:13
The Voice

13 We didn’t do this—God did!The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob—the God of our ancestors has glorified Jesus, God’s servant

That is not non-equality but your mind cannot understand - again. The THREE are One and have Roles to Fulfill according to the Word that was God in the beginning - John 1:1.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rejoice in the Lord always. And again I say rejoice.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed! I don’t recall you ever acknowledging trinitarians THREATEN people with eternal damnation if one does not believe their doctrine.

Let’s start by acknowledging that gigantic presumption of superiority.
  • I asked you to produce one of those threats and you didn't reply.
  • I don't deny that it happens. I think I said that already.
  • Do two wrongs then make a right?
  • Are you really going with the "He started it" defense?
  • Presumption of superiority? Not here, Friend.
  • Is it possible you could be suffering from an inferiority or martyr complex?

Reactions: David in NJ