I have a question that remains unanswered:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
yes it follows logically that Saul was persecuting the church

Jesus said why persecute me?

so christ and his church are one
Ah, I see what you mean now. A few more words of explanation would have helped. So by persecuting believers in Jesus, trying to wipe out the Christian faith, Paul was thereby persecuting Jesus.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
yes God can die
But not the divine nature
God cannot die because he is, and always has been, immortal. Immortal means that you cannot possibly die. 1 Timothy 6:16 (WEB) - "[God] alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light; whom no man has seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and eternal power. Amen."

Jesus is not God, he is God's only begotten Son, who was not immortal. God transformed him from a mighty mortal spirit being into a human being, and Jesus sacrificed his life on the cross and died. Three days later God resurrected Jesus to life again, this time giving him the divine, immortal, nature (just as He has promised for the Church).

1 Peter 3:18 (WEB):
Because Christ also suffered for sins once, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring you to God; being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;​

2 Peter 1:4 (WEB):
by which he has granted to us his precious and exceedingly great promises; that through these you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world by lust.​

Last edited:

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4
Why do you keep repeating the same long post? Your post #1380 is just a copy of your post #1358, so why not just refer back to it rather than clutttering up the thread by repeating the same long post?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, I see what you mean now. A few more words of explanation would have helped. So by persecuting believers in Jesus, trying to wipe out the Christian faith, Paul was thereby persecuting Jesus.
"You will be hated by everyone because of My name..." Matthew 10:22

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

yes christ and his church are one acts 9:4 eph 5:32

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God cannot die because he is, and always has been, immortal. Immortal means that you cannot possibly die. 1 Timothy 6:16 (WEB) - "[God] alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light; whom no man has seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and eternal power. Amen."

Jesus is not God, he is God's only begotten Son, who was not immortal. God transformed him from a mighty mortal spirit being into a human being, and Jesus sacrificed his life on the cross and died. Three days later God resurrected Jesus to life again, this time giving him the divine, immortal, nature (just as He has promised for the Church).

1 Peter 3:18 (WEB):
Because Christ also suffered for sins once, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring you to God; being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;​

2 Peter 1:4 (WEB):
by which he has granted to us his precious and exceedingly great promises; that through these you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world by lust.​

the divine nature is immortal yes!

God is God for all eternity!

Jesus Christ is eternally begotten of the father!

Miracle of miracles God became man!

God as conceived and born of a virgin!
God suffered, was crucified, and died in the cross for our salvation!
God rose again from the dead on the third day!
God ascended into heaven!
God will come again to judge the living and the dead!
Lk 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible

Because Jesus Christ is God!

The divinity of Christ and the holy trinity are Christian doctrines required for being Christian and for salvation!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you keep repeating the same long post? Your post #1380 is just a copy of your post #1358, so why not just refer back to it rather than clutttering up the thread by repeating the same long post?

I was probably not necessarily responding to two different people

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus Christ is eternally begotten of the father!
What does that mean? Begetting is a single act performed at a particular time and results eventually in a birth.

Hebrews 1:5 - For to which of the angels did He say at any time, "You are My Son, this day I have begotten You?" And again, "I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to Me a Son?"

Miracle of miracles God became man!
No, it was God's son who became a man.

Isaiah 9:6 - For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; ...
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

The divinity of Christ and the holy trinity are Christian doctrines required for being Christian and for salvation!
According to men perhaps, but not according to God as described in His written word to us.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that mean? Begetting is a single act performed at a particular time and results eventually in a birth.

Hebrews 1:5 - For to which of the angels did He say at any time, "You are My Son, this day I have begotten You?" And again, "I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to Me a Son?"

No, it was God's son who became a man.

Isaiah 9:6 - For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; ...
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

According to men perhaps, but not according to God as described in His written word to us.

the father is father
Always has been father
Christ is the eternally begotten son of God

Jn 14:6 Jesus is the life

Let us take our helper and intercessor the Virgin Mary, Mother of God, so that she, who from the moment of her conception (21) overcame Satan may show her power over these evil sects, in which is revived the contumacious spirit of the demon, together with his unsubdued perfidy and deceit. Let us beseech Michael, the prince of the heavenly angels, who drove out the infernal foe; and Joseph, the spouse of the most holy Virgin, and heavenly patron of the Catholic Church; and the great Apostles, Peter and Paul, the fathers and victorious champions of the Christian faith. By their patronage, and by perseverance in united prayer, we hope that God will mercifully and opportunely succor the human race, which is encompassed by so many dangers.

(21) Gen 3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.

Lk 1: 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Lk 1:28 Hail Mary, full of grace!

It only by the power of the Holy Spirit thru the immaculate purity of Mary that the virgin-mother brings forth the Holy son of God!

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christ is the eternally begotten son of God
Just repeating it is not explaining it. You've still not explained what you mean by "eternally begotten", and how it can be in harmony with God saying to Jesus, "This day I have begotten you".

Let us take our helper and intercessor the Virgin Mary, Mother of God, ...
This is just more made up nonsense about Jesus' mother, which doesn't explain what you mean by "eternally begotten".

(21) Gen 3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.
Now you're changing and corrupting Scripture, presumably to try and add some support to the lies you believe! The correct translation is:

Genesis 3:15 -
(KJV): And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
(MKJV): And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He will bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel.
(Darby): And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; he shall crush thy head, and thou shalt crush his heel.
(WEB): I will put hostility between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring. He will bruise your head, and you will bruise his heel.”

Lk 1:28 Hail Mary, full of grace!
Again, that's nothing like what the verse says. Why are you lying? Luke 1:28 (WEB):
Having come in, the angel said to her, “Rejoice, you highly favored one! The Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women!”​

If you are able to explain what "eternally begotten" means, then please share it with us. If not, why do you believe something that is not Biblical and doesn't make sense?

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 Timothy 1:17
Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Or as the WEB translates it, to make it clearer that it is referring to God and not Jesus:

Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.​

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is referring to God and not Jesus:

Now to THE KING eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
Precious friend, my eyes/mind must be deceiving me; you are saying that JESUS CHRIST, THE KING of kings, AND LORD of lords (Rev 19:16), is NOT God?:

Thanks So Much, as I wish NOT to be SELF-deceived! Amen?

The Case FOR The Triune GodHead

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Precious friend, my eyes/mind must be deceiving me; you are saying that JESUS CHRIST, THE KING of kings, AND LORD of lords (Rev 19:16), is NOT God?:
No, that verse (1 Timothy 1:17) is not referring to Jesus. After the Millenium Jesus will hand over the Kingdom to God, his Father. It is therefore God that will be the eternal king over His kingdom.

1 Corinthians 15:23-28 (WEB):
(23) But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, then those who are Christ’s, at his coming.
(24) Then the end comes, when he will deliver up the Kingdom to God, even the Father; when he will have abolished all rule and all authority and power.
(25) For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.
(26) The last enemy that will be abolished is death.
(27) For, “He put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when he says, “All things are put in subjection”, it is evident that he is excepted who subjected all things to him.
(28) When all things have been subjected to him, then the Son will also himself be subjected to him who subjected all things to him, that God may be all in all.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Son will also himself be subjected to him [THE FATHER!]
Yes, it is Quite Amazing The The Triune GodHead SHOWS us, finite, and weak, puny humans HOW to be humble! Amen? ie:

God, The SON, Humbly Submitted TO God, The Father, And, THEN:

God, The Holy Ghost, Doubly HUMBLY SUBMITTED To BOTH of the Above!!!

IF only "we Could LEARN," eh?

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, it is Quite Amazing The The Triune GodHead SHOWS us, finite, and weak, puny humans HOW to be humble! Amen? ie:

God, The SON, Humbly Submitted TO God, The Father, And, THEN:

God, The Holy Ghost, Doubly HUMBLY SUBMITTED To BOTH of the Above!!!

IF only "we Could LEARN," eh?
It's not a demonstration of humility, it is God's Son being obedient and doing a difficult job for his Father. Jesus has redeemed all mankind, and he will establish a kingdom on earth and in heaven, restore all mankind back to perfection, judge all mankind and the angels, and destroy all those who refuse to obey God and be faithful to God. Then, after everything has been made perfect and holy, God will take over as ruler, and we will all be blessed forever.

There is no mention of a "Holy Ghost", nor any hint of a 'Trinity' in that passage. If only people could learn not to try to impose a Trinity onto the Scriptures then they would better understand the truth of God's word to us!

1 Corinthians 2:9 (MKJV)
(9) But as it is written, "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard," nor has it entered into the heart of man, "the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 pet 2:2 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you going by spiritual pride, self-righteous private judgement from scripture, or the humility to hear the teaching of Christ through the church of His apostles?
Obedience of faith: rom 16:26
We must be taught by Christ who is the way, the truth, and the life. Jn 14:6
Instructed: Lk 1:4 acts 8:31
Teach all nations: Matt 28:19
He who hears you (the apostles) hears me: lk 10:16
Hear the church: Matt 18:17
Church is the pillar and ground of truth: 1 Tim 3:14
Christ and his church are one, the church is an extension of Christ through the whole world and all time: acts 9:4