I just gotta know.....if one will answer....lol

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you drink coffee......

Do you still use a saucer?
Seems this went to the by-gone days before the 80's !

Do you use the same washcloth every time you bath for _____ days?.....lol

Do you always wash your hands after the toilet ?

Do you use proper etiquette in public?

My answers
1. No, I use mugs to drink coffee....gotta have it big enough to cut down trips to the coffee pot.
2. Every time.... I'm a germaphob.
3. Always as I was in the health care field / understand the importance of simple soap & water to the ridding of bacteria.
4. I try.........lol

Answer if you're brave or provide your own inquiries!

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1) No , I use a mug .
2) change it on laundry day
3) yes…
4) define “proper etiquette in public” ? Not sure what this means . :)

Reactions: Nancy

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1) No , I use a mug .
2) change it on laundry day
3) yes…
4) define “proper etiquette in public” ? Not sure what this means . :)

Well you don't pick your nose, nor scratch your bum ,cough, sneeze w/o covering the mouth nor pass flatulence in company.......lol

Thank you for participating ❤️

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Do you still use a saucer? . . . . No I use a mug.

Do you use the same washcloth every time you bath for _____ days?.....lol . . . No, I have 5 wash cloths or flannels as we call them, so I can use a different one each time.

Do you always wash your hands after the toilet ? . . . Of course.

Do you use proper etiquette in public? . . . . If by you mean good manners, then yes - I was brought up right.

Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I rarely even use a coffee cup anymore. My wife got me a special mug/thermos with a valve you have to press for the liquid to flow. This reduces (but not eliminates!) the coffee stains on the desk, table, car, shirt...

Who uses wash cloths? Who bathes, for that matter? Uh, let me rephrase that. I take showers. No wash cloth needed.

Always wash my hands after using the toilet? Uhhhh....

Regarding public etiquette: This quote has stuck with me for many, many years:

“Moving parts in rubbing contact require lubrication to avoid excessive wear. Honorifics and formal politeness provide lubrication where people rub together. Often the very young, the untravelled, the naive, the unsophisticated deplore these formalities as "empty," "meaningless," or "dishonest," and scorn to use them. No matter how "pure" their motives, they thereby throw sand into machinery that does not work too well at best.” - Robert Heinlein, SciFi writer

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My answers
1. No, I use mugs to drink coffee....gotta have it big enough to cut down trips to the coffee pot.
3. Always as I was in the health care field / understand the importance of simple soap & water to the ridding of bacteria.
4. I try.........lol

Coffee? No mug. Weird favorite glass obsession. Mostly because coffee cups and saucers are too small. The glass is the right amount for my morning coffee.

Wash cloth…every day. Different one for my face which I do leave at the sink after using at night, to reuse in the morning when I wake up. But never reusing the one I bathe with.

Yes, on washing hands. I’m a germaphobe also. If I pat out hamburger meat I’ll Clorox my hands. Or any raw meats. And I’ll ask someone else to cut up the lettuce and tomatoes even after washing my hands, not liking touching the vegetables after having my hands submerged in raw meat. Always wash the spatula in between flips of the hamburgers until they are fully cooked.

Etiquette? I don’t burp in public. But I’m myself in public. Sometimes that is saying or doing the wrong thing at the wrong time. But that is just who I am. I’m definitely not fancy.

Attachments

• 220191FF-4E7F-467C-ADB7-5786EC17F9EB.jpeg
    220191FF-4E7F-467C-ADB7-5786EC17F9EB.jpeg
    397.9 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Helen and Lambano

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My answers
4. I try.........lol

1. No, but we should use something because if you have a nice Amish Oak kitchen table and nice marble coffee tables, you don't want coffee stains.
2. Yes. Covid got the rest of the lazy people to develop that habit too!
3. My wife won't let me, she gets rid of it. I'll use my towel for couple days too - hey you're just wiped off clean water.
4. I try. I can't remember peoples name, so I just say Hi, how ya doing with that old Connecticut accent. My Dad was a conservative gentleman and so I tried to model my behavior after him; however I was partially influenced by my Mom, who was a liberal, no boundaries, anything goes type of free loving, rebel at heart; and I found out soon that her way wasn't the way to go. Rules, etiquette ... I don't think she understood what they were until she realized that Jesus was really alive and her Savior - in her 80's _ only days before her death.

I think proper etiquette is really an important civilized practice and I think really it has it's roots in the Christian walk. When you think of mores, taboos, manners, respect for others, consideration, mercy, forgiveness, kindness, patience, self control, love, generousity, ... basic decent behavior, it all stems from a godly way of living.
I'm in Texas now for the last six years. What struck me right off was how polite and respectful people are, and how they would say God Bless you often, compared to Southern California, a quite different ambiance. You can tell Texas is the Bible belt, and kids are brought up with those values. Not to say there aren't good people in Cslifornia, just lots of liberal, transient, self centered and money driven people. Go to Venice, Hollywood or Beverly Hills and you'll see what I mean. And the country has this sterotyped opinion of Californians, influeneced by these colorful, eclectic communities.
I used to be a hippy 50 years ago but grew out of that lifestyle by the age of 20. I realized it didn't work. But you can go to Venice and see the same hippies from my generation that never grew out of it. It's pathetic really. Ask them what proper etiquette means and they will look at you strange or laugh and add a few expletives.