I need help with scripture on the God head or trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
I am working with Some Jehova witnesses and I am trying to collect every scripture we can find on the trinity, or God head, Also if you have a word or two that would help me I would appreciate it. All od a sudden I am bombarded by them. They are very difficult to work with but I am commited for the long haul. I would appreciate any ideas or support.Thanks in advance.Crooner

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Ok first off Crooner don't use thier bible they have taken off every reference of the trinity their is. But here are some references in every other bible which do point too the trinity Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: - John 17:20-22It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me. - John 8:17-18For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. - 1 John 5:7And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. - Genesis 1:26And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. – Genesis 11:6-7Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. – Isaiah 6:8And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. – Isaiah 6:3Notice the repitition, it was not in vain. It was to glorify the Father, Son and Spirit.this passage has the whole trinity in it. And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. – Matthew 3:16-17So there you Go, the problem is you will also have to prove Jesus as a diety and not as micheal the archangel to them,These verses should help. also try not to use thier bible.Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. II Peter 3:18 ...God and our Saviour Jesus Christ. II Peter 1:1..the Christ, the Saviour of the world. John 4:42 the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour. Titus 1:4a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11 U]nto the Son he saith...Thou, LORD, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands. Hebrews 1:10 y him (Jesus) were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth...all things were created by him, and for him. Colossians 1:16 All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made. John 1:3 ...the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us...John 1:14 Jesus said, "Fear not; I am the first and the last:" Revelation 1:17 T]the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ...gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity.. Titus 2:13-14 and on and on and on and onSo there you go, the all inclusive jehovah converting guide, I can even put more verses in.Good luck brothermay The truth reach the JW's soonyour brother in christRyan Fitz

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
Thanks brother.Any new ideas you have I will appreaciate. i am building a catalog of information and ideas. Also anyone else out there I would appreciate your verses and ideas.Thanks again Crooner

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
Ask: Has God always existed? They will say yes. Ask if He is the Creator of all things on heaven and earth. They will say yes. Ask if He created Jesus. They will say yes (they believe Jesus is Michael the Archangel). Ask again - Jesus was created? They will agree - yes. Now turn to Colossians 1:16 16For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him. According to that verse Jesus is the Creator of all things, which would make Jesus God. What's interesting about that verse in Colossians is that in their Bible, the New World Translation, the writers have added the word "other" - there's looks like this:For by Him all [other] things were created..... all [other] things have been created through Him and for Him. The world "other" is in no way part of the original manuscript & they were called out on it so they had to add the [ ] to signify that the word other was added. Of course the word other changes everything. Jesus created ALL things - in heaven & earth so obviously he wasn't "created" as an angel or anything else. Adding the word "other" is making that verse a lie. Jesus didn't create all [other] things - he created ALL things.Ask why they'd want to believe lies?

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Ok I'm looking up all my previous trinity scriptures in the jehovah witnesses bible. Should be interesting.make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word; 21 in order that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, in order that the world may believe that you sent me forth. 22 Also, I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. 23 I in union with them and you in union with me, in order that they may be perfected into one, that the world may have the knowledge that you sent me forth and that you loved them just as you loved me. John 17 20-23Also, in YOUR own Law it is written, ‘The witness of two men is true.’ 18 I am one that bears witness about myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness about me.” 19 Therefore they went on to say to him: “Where is your Father?” Jesus answered: “YOU know neither me nor my Father. If YOU did know me, YOU would know my Father also.” John 8:17-18The most devestating verse to the Jehovah witnesses cause is completley changedHowever, if we are walking in the light as he himself is in the light, we do have a sharing with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin 1 john 5:7This is interesting as the jehovah witnesses hve kept the "us" in this next one And God went on to say: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every moving animal that is moving upon the earth.” Genesis 1:26again they keep the "us" is there a possible weakness against there theology in there own man made bible. 6 After that Jehovah said: “Look! They are one people and there is one language for them all, and this is what they start to do. Why, now there is nothing that they may have in mind to do that will be unattainable for them. 7 Come now! Let us go down and there confuse their language that they may not listen to one another’s language.” Genisis 11 :6-7and AGAIN keeping the "us" And I began to hear the voice of Jehovah saying: “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” And I proceeded to say: “Here I am! Send me.” Isaiah 6:8they have also kept the three Holy's And this one called to that one and said: “Holy, holy, holy is Jehovah of armies. The fullness of all the earth is his glory.” so heres my plan the Jehovah witnesses while butchering any evidence in the new testament have kept the old testament alone. So I say use the this to your advantages, use these old testament verses to prove your point, because they have left the evidence inMay the Jehovah witnesses find the truth soonyour brother in ChristRyan Fitz

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
Get yourself a greek NT and show them that their interpritation of John 1:1 just doesnt work within the original context.There is no "a" before God.There are no lesser Gods.Lucifer is not the brother of Christ,but merely a rebellious servant.Jesus cannot be the arch angel Michael because angels are not Gods,they are just servants.The Holy Spirit is referanced as Gods active force by the JW translation.He is Gods active force,but He is also God within us.I have dealt with them in the past and they are very stuborn in their beliefs.I would recommend finding all the referances within the Bible calling Christ the mighty God.Thomas called the risen Christ God and was not reprimanded for it.