I owe some of you an apology....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
There have been a few 'discussions' recently on points of view on certain scriptures and I am guilty of perpetuating disagreement far beyond what is constructive. It does not matter if we have differing opinions on certain scriptures and I have been far to precious in trying to convince others that I am right.It becomes irrelevant in our growth with Christ when we start to argue about His written words and for that, I would like to offer a public apology. I am not here to convince anyone that I am right or that what God reveals to me is more important than what He reveals to someone else!! That is just arrogant pride and a trick of Satan.I was sent THIS short Youtube clip today and it is quite relevant.May we all continue to strengthen each other in faith, uphold the glory of God and share the message of salvation through Jesus Christ in an effective way according to the will of God.God bless,Dannii.

epistemaniac

Aug 13, 2008
very well said, I hope to be as reconcilatory as you are.... a spirit of unity is to be sought... but unity is never to be sought at the expense of truth... and I do not think you are saying this at all... I am not saying that I always know the correct answer here, or always strike the correct balance but some things are important enough to be "polemic" about, because the NT, especially, is very polemic in nature.... Paul's letter to the Galatians is especially like this, but all the writers of the NT dealt with both a positive/offensive presentation of the truth, as well as a negative/defensive rejection of the truth, dealing with the errors directly, and presenting the truth in the face of opposition and error. John probably was refuting some form of Gnosticism, dealt with those who would think that they could reject Jesus, Paul had to constantly dealing with Judaizers and other errors as well.but again... I appreciate the spirit of your post and i do not want to detract from that at all, we need to be as unified as possible..... blessings,ken

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
One verse comes to mind Ken and I don't think there could be too many arguments over this one
smile.gif
1 Thessalonians 5:21"prove all things; hold fast that which is good;"

epistemaniac

Aug 13, 2008
(AusDisciple;67805)
One verse comes to mind Ken and I don't think there could be too many arguments over this one
smile.gif
1 Thessalonians 5:21"prove all things; hold fast that which is good;"
amen and amen
smile.gif

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Awesome YouTube clip. AusDisciples...I accept your apologyand I forgive you. I hope you can accept my apology and for-give me for my lack of tolerance. If I have hurt you in any way,I apologize.Also, if I have hurt anyone else, Christine, Jordan, Tom, Tim,Ben, or Richard I apologize and ask for your forgiveness. Ilook back just 10 years ago and see how wrong I was then. Iwill look back 10 years from now and see how wrong I am today. The moral of the story is...none of us are perfect and our doctrines are not perfect but whatever you do...alwaysremember to...SPEAK THE TRUTH IN LOVE. Logabe

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Well, let's I'll just say that I care more for my soul... but I forgive you anyway Logabe. It's accepted. But I will continue to say the Truth in love, even though it may not sound like ito to some of you. But I love you all.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I hope no one thinks they owe me an apologly, I put myself in this postion, I get in your faces as much as you get in mine ...I dont do this to be popular (though that would be nice
smile.gif
I do it because its the mission God gave me and I agreed to ...I will shove scripture at you debate you whether you like me or not ....Because its not about me never was its about you and my promise to him I love his Word his truth and his children What I have learned in these many years is so awesome I cant help but to want to share it and I know thats why he showed me to share it.So in my motherly way I will give you all the bad tasting medicine because its good for youeven if you hate me for doing it ... Sometimes the medicine that tastes the worst going down is the one that heals you ...It should never be about which of us is right or wrong ..All our goal should be the same to find HIS truth ..Not our own.. where do we find that "LO I come in the BOOK" not in church,not in writtings of men, not in our traditions, these things all have their place ..but we find HIM in the Book ..So let the Book be our definer of truth .

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;67850)
I hope know one thinks they owe me an apologly, I put myself in this postion, I get in your faces as much as you get in mine ...I dont do this to be popular (though that would be nice
smile.gif
I do it because its the mission God gave me and I agreed to ...I will shove scripture at you debate you whether you like me or not ..Because its not about me never was its about you and my promise to him I love his Word his truth and his children What I have learned in these many years is so awesome I cant help but to want to share it and I know thats why he showed me to share it.So in my motherly way I will give you all the bad tasting medicine because its good for youeven if you hate me for doing it ... Sometimes the medicine that tastes the worst going down is the one that heals you ...It should never be about which of us is right or wrong ..All our goal should be the same to find HIS truth ..Not our own.. where do we find that "LO I come in the BOOK" not in church,not in writtings of men, not in our traditions, these things all have their place ..but we find HIM in the Book ..So let the Book be our definer of truth .
Such a lovely post this is Christina. Amen Christina. As I said in my previous post.(Jordan;67843)
...I will continue to say the Truth in love...
One thing I will never do. I will NEVER and EVER appologize, not even sorry at all for preaching and telling the Truth in God's Words.I say this because I care for all of you guys. It will not be ever about me. It's about you... Why? Because I don't want you yourself getting hurt, but you allow yourself to get hurt rather than getting healed. I will NEVER and EVER appologize to anybody for the Love of God. I will keep posting scripture for your sake... in hope for you to WAKE UP! I will not believe in the junk of men!

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
I was not apologising for quoting God's truth. I would never do that either!! I would rather die!I was simply apologising for adding fuel to a disagreement that had turned into an argument.

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
(logabe;67842)
Awesome YouTube clip. AusDisciples...I accept your apologyand I forgive you. I hope you can accept my apology and for-give me for my lack of tolerance. If I have hurt you in any way,I apologize.Also, if I have hurt anyone else, Christine, Jordan, Tom, Tim,Ben, or Richard I apologize and ask for your forgiveness. Ilook back just 10 years ago and see how wrong I was then. Iwill look back 10 years from now and see how wrong I am today. The moral of the story is...none of us are perfect and our doctrines are not perfect but whatever you do...alwaysremember to...SPEAK THE TRUTH IN LOVE. Logabe
I absolutely agree with you here Logabe. We may not agree on everything and, although I have never been offended or hurt by you (or anyone else here for that matter), I accept your apology and request for forgiveness.(cedarhart;67911)
:grouphug::music:
Wonderful reply Cedarhart :blessyou: