I Quenched The Holy Spirit - Will He Come Back?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thisisnotmyname

Jan 10, 2019
Eagle River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to be willing. I really want to be willing. I had previously, before the fast thing began, had my conscience convicting me whenever I ate food in doubt. I was told to ignore my conscience, and trust God to move my conscience in alignment with His word, and that it was an attack from the enemy. I was told this from a few sources, pastors, except for one pastor, who told me that it was sin to go against your convictions. so I would take verses from the Bible saying that everything was clean, or saying that all things are to be received with thanksgiving, and state it, and possibly state that God's grace is enough, and maybe give thanks to Jesus before eating. but then I would doubt again. and confess that to God, repent, and then eat again.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I want to be willing. I really want to be willing. I had previously, before the fast thing began, had my conscience convicting me whenever I ate food in doubt. I was told to ignore my conscience, and trust God to move my conscience in alignment with His word, and that it was an attack from the enemy. I was told this from a few sources, pastors, except for one pastor, who told me that it was sin to go against your convictions. so I would take verses from the Bible saying that everything was clean, or saying that all things are to be received with thanksgiving, and state it, and possibly state that God's grace is enough, and maybe give thanks to Jesus before eating. but then I would doubt again. and confess that to God, repent, and then eat again.
Daily prayer and the Scriptures are so important in whatever state the believer is in.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sounds like you made a vow unto the Lord to do this thing. Have no fear. Jesus Christ can and does cancel out all our ill advised vows. Note (Num. 30:6-8)

"And if she had at all an husband, when she vowed, or uttered ought out of her lips, wherewith she bound her soul; And her husband heard it, and held his peace at her in the day that he heard it: then her vows shall stand, and her bonds wherewith she bound her soul shall stand. But if her husband disallowed her on the day that he heard it; then he shall make her vow which she vowed, and that which she uttered with her lips, wherewith she bound her soul, of non effect; and the LORD shall forgive her."

Rest assured that when we make vows unto God, the Father hears it. And when he hears it, He turns to the Son and says, what is this I hear from one who is your bride concerning a vow? And the Son says, don't pay any attention, I got this covered.

So, you are not stuck. Feel free to go on with the Lord. But, don't make any more vows.

Stranger
This is too slippery Stranger. And where does the slip end up?....justifying the lack of integrity. Yes, treat God's word as a light thing and it has its consequences, just like Eve in Eden!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Watch those slippery prophets. Their yada yada is evidence of their falsity. You know the score with your sin. Forget the ton of words, they are just a smoke screen.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is too slippery Stranger. And where does the slip end up?....justifying the lack of integrity. Yes, treat God's word as a light thing and it has its consequences, just like Eve in Eden!

So, what's your problem?

Stranger

thisisnotmyname

Jan 10, 2019
Eagle River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your post. it is definitely encouraging. I sent that in reference to what Stranger said about vows. I am confused about the last two posts.

thisisnotmyname

Jan 10, 2019
Eagle River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I was wondering who to listen to. If I abstained, I would be convicted for not being loving and receiving things with thanksgiving, and if I ate, I would be convicted about eating something I thought was unclean.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, what's your problem?

Stranger
Your question is noteworthy in this respect, you perceive me to have a problem because I point out your misapplied use of scripture. I would suggest the problem is yours.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your question is noteworthy in this respect, you perceive me to have a problem because I point out your misapplied use of scripture. I would suggest the problem is yours.

If I think someone has misapplied Scripture, I show them how they have misapplied it. So, feel free to show me my error.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sounds like you made a vow unto the Lord to do this thing. Have no fear. Jesus Christ can and does cancel out all our ill advised vows. Note (Num. 30:6-8)

"And if she had at all an husband, when she vowed, or uttered ought out of her lips, wherewith she bound her soul; And her husband heard it, and held his peace at her in the day that he heard it: then her vows shall stand, and her bonds wherewith she bound her soul shall stand. But if her husband disallowed her on the day that he heard it; then he shall make her vow which she vowed, and that which she uttered with her lips, wherewith she bound her soul, of non effect; and the LORD shall forgive her."

Rest assured that when we make vows unto God, the Father hears it. And when he hears it, He turns to the Son and says, what is this I hear from one who is your bride concerning a vow? And the Son says, don't pay any attention, I got this covered.

So, you are not stuck. Feel free to go on with the Lord. But, don't make any more vows.

Stranger
I think you are playing hard and fast with Num. 30:6-8. thisisnotmyname's issue is a different context altogether.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are playing hard and fast with Num. 30:6-8. thisisnotmyname's issue is a different context altogether.

Yes, I know you already said that. I asked you how it has been misapplied?

I said at the beginning it sounds as if a vow had been made. If a promise or vow was made, how would it not apply?

Stranger

thisisnotmyname

Jan 10, 2019
Eagle River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am thinking that as a start, it is more important to abstain from things that would cause me to stumble till my faith grows enough to go up to the higher calling of being able to eat all things, but that will only come as Christ gives me a revelation. is this correct? and to reject the extra strictness, because it is a lie that I must not eat pork, or anything that might have a little blood in it in order to be saved, which is what they were saying, and it scared me.

thisisnotmyname

Jan 10, 2019
Eagle River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so I would be scared that I was going to be disobeying God if I ate meat that had been shot, and might have been bled into. or chicken that had the blood vessels in it. because I was trying to abstain from every part of blood.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am thinking that as a start, it is more important to abstain from things that would cause me to stumble till my faith grows enough to go up to the higher calling of being able to eat all things, but that will only come as Christ gives me a revelation. is this correct? and to reject the extra strictness, because it is a lie that I must not eat pork, or anything that might have a little blood in it in order to be saved, which is what they were saying, and it scared me.

Hi thisisnotmyname. I have not read every post on this thread so I'm just jumping on this one, lol. It seems to me that you have made a Law unto your self, and, if you DON'T do it...you will not be saved?
"I am thinking that as a start, it is more important to abstain from things that would cause me to stumble till my faith grows enough to go up to the higher calling of being able to eat all things, but that will only come as Christ gives me a revelation," I say BINGO to this, yes, if you feel it is a sin to eat what God has already meant for food and blessed it...your faith-as it grows, I think, will bring you fully into His grace and freedom. We cannot ever earn salvation, ever...no. matter. what...Receive His grace!! ♥

thisisnotmyname

Jan 10, 2019
Eagle River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, I guess it was also because I realized that I had appetites. I would pray, and in the middle of the prayer I would start thinking about eating food, especially if food was waiting, and I kept thinking that I was putting food above God. I would bite into food, and take another little bit in my bite, and think I was being greedy. I think either I was trying way too hard to overcome on my own strength what I called gluttony, not that I ate excessive amounts, but that I seriously enjoy eating. I had prayed that God would remove gluttony from me at any cost, and then started hyper-focusing on whether or not I ate too much, and trying to be satisfied with whatever I was given, I would take a bite, and tell Jesus that I was satisfied with the food He gave me, then feel guilty if I went back to eating because I said I was satisfied. later I learned to be satisfied in my heart and mind, it is ok to eat till I am physically satisfied as well, and not rude to God to eat till I am satisfied physically.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, I know you already said that. I asked you how it has been misapplied?

I said at the beginning it sounds as if a vow had been made. If a promise or vow was made, how would it not apply?

Stranger
The consistent principle is, say what you mean and mean what you say. Anything less is playing a dysfunctional game.

thisisnotmyname

Jan 10, 2019
Eagle River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeah, be slow to speak, that is one that I have had trouble with too. I would have an experience with God, praising Him, and then say that I will do something for Him, and then realize that I spoke out again, I am not supposed to try to impress God, but be impressed by Him. submit to Him, serve Him, and love Him with all I am, fear Him, and Trust Him, and listen to Him.

Reactions: Nancy