I thought I was saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
You posted a personal library list of somebodies videos and it will not play

Try playing just the one video by itself ....... post the link here ...... and then it should work

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ruth said:
Tell me if you can see this. If you can please tell me what you think, it scares me.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NAvpxSrro0I

This is true. We are not saved for our own purpose but for God's. If we go running off with salvation like a coin in our pocket, we will be as the wicked servant who buried his talent. God's salvation towards us is the beginning of a race towards an entire sanctification in the form of a FULL STATURE in Christ. That is GOD"S purpose towards us. To go off half cocked claiming this and that...is well a very old natured thing to do. We must work out our own salvation with fear and trembling and be renewed in our mentality learning to live by faith and knowing how to stay holy amid the sinning all around us.

We are meant to grow up into Christ. To hold back on His purpose means we will lose what we think we have, God is served...not us.

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
Episkopos said:
This is true. We are not saved for our own purpose but for God's. If we go running off with salvation like a coin in our pocket, we will be as the wicked servant who buried his talent. God's salvation towards us is the beginning of a race towards an entire sanctification in the form of a FULL STATURE in Christ. That is GOD"S purpose towards us. To go off half cocked claiming this and that...is well a very old natured thing to do. We must work out our own salvation with fear and trembling and be renewed in our mentality learning to live by faith and knowing how to stay holy amid the sinning all around us.We are meant to grow up into Christ. To hold back on His purpose means we will lose what we think we have, God is served...not us.
It sounds like this guy did everything right, he spoke in tounges, had dreams and visions, but went to hell? How can a person have the joy of salvation, if we are in fear....I would assume the Holy Spirit would let you know? This man seemed shocked at his NDE, and he is warning everyone.

Check out this one he is crying and warning everyone, he is either crazy or he is truly hearing from God

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t2GyqxzxLU0

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ruth said:
It sounds like this guy did everything right, he spoke in tounges, had dreams and visions, but went to hell? How can a person have the joy of salvation, if we are in fear....I would assume the Holy Spirit would let you know? This man seemed shocked at his NDE, and he is warning everyone.

Check out this one he is crying and warning everyone, he is either crazy or he is truly hearing from God

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t2GyqxzxLU0

He is warning others of being rejected. One has simply to look at the present state of the church...read About the church of the Laodiceans...then look back at the state of the church....repeat until you see it...

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
We must give Jesus our all or nothing. He is seeling for worshippers in Spirit and Truth! Uplifting His name in all that we do We must and are commanded to put the old man to death to crucify the flesh and take up our cross and live HOLY! Its His command and as followers of Christ we MUST obey!

Reactions: meshak

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Ruth ..... i figured out how to get your link to work ..... at the top of the page it says ...... mobile - desktop .... I click desktop and now it works

By the way I did not watch much of the video ..... I dislike men who are theatrical crybabies

But that's just me

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
Arnie Manitoba said:
Ruth ..... i figured out how to get your link to work ..... at the top of the page it says ...... mobile - desktop .... I click desktop and now it works

By the way I did not watch much of the video ..... I dislike men who are theatrical crybabies

But that's just me
Thanks

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Ruth, greeting in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ,

thanks for the topic. many don't know if they are saved or not. what a shame. I viewed the video, ?????. if this guy died, and was not saved, why did he get a second chance?. Oh well, scripture, Romans 8:24 "For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?". amen apostle Paul. the answer to my HOPE is this, "FAITH". Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen". why do I have FAITH, because I have a Promise from him who is FAITHFUL. FAITH takes the place of my HOPE. but faith without works is dead, true. I'm not working to be saved, I work because I AM saved. for my promise is at the end, (see the vineyard workers). and I'm assured of it by his WORD which is true. for God cannot lie. Romans 1:17 "For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith". is not this scripture true, Habakkuk 2:4 "Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith". for years I misunderstood this scripture, but no more. for it is not I who live, scripture, Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me". I LIVE by HIS FAITH. I LIVE IN HIM. heaven and Earth will pass away, but not HIM. if I'm in HIM, I'm save by his FAITH. not my faith, but HIS FAITH. amen.

Love and Peace
101G

Tommy061

Mar 29, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A saving faith is difficult to find in these apostate times, many false teachers, and many sings and wonders, just be sure you are enduring sound doctrine, have repented as commanded, and living a holy and seperate life, letting the spirit of truth lead you, but if you are still carnal sold under sin, the the word of God will not make sense to you!

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;
2Ti 4:4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

I am seeing this powerful
warning from the Lord through His beloved servant Timothy, coming into fruition
today! The time has come and has been here for quite a while I am afraid, where
the professing Christian world will NOT endure sound doctrine, nor even seek it
with all their heart and soul as commanded. They will seek out their worldly
pleasures, pastimes, and worst of all their favorite bible pundit that tell
them what they want to hear, and NOT what can transform their souls into true
saints for God!

They form groups, who love to
cast dispersions on the few who love them enough to give them the truth, the bitter
truth, which is very difficult for them to swallow yet alone digest in their
minds that has been polluted by the ways of the world, and filling their itching
ears with many lies and errors telling them that they are soundly saved, while
they still wallow in sin, worldliness and disobedience!

They have totally turned from
the truth, and hate any that is given to them, but will turn on to all the fables
and lies being sold today, they are goats being led to the slaughter, as they
think they are at peace with God, when in reality they are dead to Him and His
word!

They refuse to come out and
be separate, but instead encourage others who are searching to join them in
their games, refuse to give them truth, because they cannot give them what they
do not possess!

But the few who bring them
the harsh truth are despised, and this is a tale tale sign what mindset they
are in as they snarl, and cast dispersions on the bearers of truth, calling
them names, while they themselves are still carnal sold under sin!

So this shows me how much
they love their worldly ways and pet sins, where any truth that can transform
their souls is cast out the door along with any discernment, conviction or
humility to receive the implanted word that can save them from their demise!

I praise God for the few who
can see through this strong delusion God promised to send to those who do not
love the truth, and are coming out of the spirit of error into the spirit of
truth, accepting the harsh reality that the few of the few will be saved as
predicted by Jesus Himself!

Mat 7:13
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is
the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Mat
7:14 Because strait is the gate,
and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that
find it.

Tommy

Reactions: KingJ and Angelina

Harry3142

Apr 9, 2013
Ruth-

It sounds like the man thought he was saved because of what he did, rather than truly putting his trust in Jesus' atoning sacrifice. St. John the Apostle told us there are two 'make or break' commandments which we all must accept in order to have assurance of salvation:

Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us. (I John 3:21-24,NIV)

So long as your trust lies in what God himself has already accomplished through his Son, Jesus Christ, rather than in anything you can accomplish, you have assurance of salvation. Also, love as expressed in Scripture (Love one another) is not an emotion; it's a decision. The proper emotions follow that decision's having been made.

P.S: In my 67 years I've seen professional 'criers'. It can be used as a manipulative device in order to 'bulldoze' past the intellect and attack the emotions. It's even used in some denominations in order to mold their members into willing followers of agendas which their intellects would tell them are actually contrary to Christian teaching. Similar tactics have also been used by some men in order to 'shut down' the intellects of others so that they will follow them blindly and without question. The most infamous person who used such tactics seduced an entire nation to its destruction. That's why I call it 'the Hitlerian tactic'.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say many are not living in Christ. This is not to scare anyone, but salvation is not something to just check off on the list and forget. Those who are saved live it out; we grab our cross daily and deny ourselves just as this man speaks. Our hope is in Him who is the just and the justifier. We can not and will not earn anything as far as salvation is concerned, yet sanctification is a synergistic process, one that we love for we are being transformed into the image of Christ!

I hold a strong conviction in Romans 10:9-13, yet there are those who do this in vain, and are hollow. There are those who do not repent and these are not true in their words but are liars. There are those who believe in their head and not in their heart. By this I mean they do not have a true convicting belief that He is risen and just think, "Yeah I believe that it is possible He did." You see even the demons believe God is one and shudder, but they do not possess salvation!

This man speaks passion into our lives! This man says in the same way James does, if you are a Christian prove it! Live like it, act like it, pray like it! Every day we are alive is a day for the Lord! To live is not for self but for God, not for the flesh but for the Spirit. To love God first and to put others above ourselves is living out the law of love being more righteous than the Pharisees.

Now a note to Ruth,
If you fear the outcome of your salvation, this is a good thing. We are to fear the Lord and why? Because He is the only one who can destroy both the body and soul. Also this shows you have a genuine concern and not a mere complacency for your relationship towards salvation and God.

Those who are His sheep listen to His voice, He knows us and we follow Him. Seek what He is saying and follow. Live every day for Him, through Him. Begin your day in prayer and pray without ceasing. The most important relationship in this life is between you and God, so live like that is your priority. Yet in this exhortation do not destroy yourself in times of failure, because He loves mercy and the grace he bestows upon us. He is true to Himself which is His word. He is your Helper, your Rock, your High Tower, and He will not fail you. Most of all He loves you with a genuine uncompromising love none can comprehend. So much so that the angels in heaven look down in wonder and awe.

So many today are straying from the fold, looking for another to follow, or attempting to forge their own path. It is unfortunate, when salvation is placed at their feet in the form of a cross. Selfishness and pride will not let them pick it up and bear it daily.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Townsville, QLD. Australia
Discussing personal things such as "am I saved" with people on a forum is rather like discussing the pain that you occasionally feel in your chest. You will likely be diagnosed with all of the ailments that might give you the pain, feel you are at death's door, but discover later that it was simply indigestion. Look and listen but don't let the beliefs, the quotes, the bad vibes that others might give you spoil your day. The message of Jesus was NEVER meant to do that! Don't believe anyone that tries to tell you otherwise . . .

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
Why?

I visit a few Christian sites and I have noticed many believe in a false gospel of Once Saved Always Saved. Meaning they believe they are saved through grace alone, and they have no partnership in this New Covenant.

they do not believe the words of Jesus when He teaches that you not only must believe, but you must obey my commands, to love your God with your whole heart and mind....not just sometimes, not just when I feel like it, but every minuet of everyday, only submitting to the Spirit, not your worldly pleasures.

We must love our neighbors as ourselves...not only when they love us for even the wicked heart can do this, but we love even when we are hated.

Many will find themselves in hell for they believed this false doctrine, of grace alone, and not the true gospel, grace and works....It is Jesus who saves....must we must submit to this grace, we can not go on willfully sinning, everyday we must ask the Holy Spirit, is my garment white, is my lamp full?

Rev. 3

3 “Write this letter to the angel[a] of the church in Sardis. This is the message from the one who has the sevenfold Spirit of God and the seven stars:

“I know all the things you do, and that you have a reputation for being alive—but you are dead. 2 Wake up! Strengthen what little remains, for even what is left is almost dead. I find that your actions do not meet the requirements of my God. 3 Go back to what you heard and believed at first; hold to it firmly. Repent and turn to me again. If you don’t wake up, I will come to you suddenly, as unexpected as a thief.

4 “Yet there are some in the church in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes with evil. They will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. 5 All who are victorious will be clothed in white. I will never erase their names from the Book of Life, but I will announce before my Father and his angels that they are mine.

15 “I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! 16 But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth! 17 You say, ‘I am rich. I have everything I want. I don’t need a thing!’ And you don’t realize that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked. 18 So I advise you to buy gold from me—gold that has been purified by fire. Then you will be rich. Also buy white garments from me so you will not be shamed by your nakedness, and ointment for your eyes so you will be able to see. 19 I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference

Matthew 25

6 “At midnight they were roused by the shout, ‘Look, the bridegroom is coming! Come out and meet him!’

7 “All the bridesmaids got up and prepared their lamps. 8 Then the five foolish ones asked the others, ‘Please give us some of your oil because our lamps are going out.’

9 “But the others replied, ‘We don’t have enough for all of us. Go to a shop and buy some for yourselves.’

10 “But while they were gone to buy oil, the bridegroom came. Then those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was locked. 11 Later, when the other five bridesmaids returned, they stood outside, calling, ‘Lord! Lord! Open the door for us!’

12 “But he called back, ‘Believe me, I don’t know you!’

13 “So you, too, must keep watch! For you do not know the day or hour of my return.