I want to create a new holiday...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I want to create a new holiday! I get 1 payed personal day a year at work; I think I would like to use that day to create a holiday.....

We celebrate Christmas: We celebrate Easter: We remember Ascension, and Pentecost! (In my opinion they should be holidays also, as we could never get to heaven with out ANY of the above 4.)

The one I would like to make a holiday in for is not for something that has happened, but rather for something that will happen.....

I would like to make a holiday for "the soon return of Jesus for His bride" I just don't know yet what to call it, or what day to put it on.

Reactions: marks

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I want to create a new holiday! I get 1 payed personal day a year at work; I think I would like to use that day to create a holiday.....

We celebrate Christmas: We celebrate Easter: We remember Ascension, and Pentecost! (In my opinion they should be holidays also, as we could never get to heaven with out ANY of the above 4.)

The one I would like to make a holiday in for is not for something that has happened, but rather for something that will happen.....

I would like to make a holiday for "the soon return of Jesus for His bride" I just don't know yet what to call it, or what day to put it on.

Already been done. They are called the Feasts of Trumpets, and The Feast of Tabernacles. The return of Yeshua the Messiah and the wedding supper of the Lamb respectively.

Shalom

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, it is still called Easter today (it was called Easter before the lie of the so-called easter bunny came to be) A mixture of days, good Friday, and Easter Sunday - together we call it Easter! The Word is derived from an old Latin word (plural of albis) and means "dawn"

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it is still called Easter today (it was called Easter before the lie of the so-called easter bunny came to be) A mixture of days, good Friday, and Easter Sunday - together we call it Easter! The Word is derived from an old Latin word (plural of albis) and means "dawn"
Passover represents the death. Jesus never told us to celebrate His resurrection.WE are to commemorate His death through Communion.

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Already been done. They are called the Feasts of Trumpets, and The Feast of Tabernacles. The return of Yeshua the Messiah and the wedding supper of the Lamb respectively.

Shalom

When is that? And for what nation, I looked it up for Canada, and we have no such thing. I am thinking of doing it in the 3ed Friday of the 8th Month. 3 means complete, and 8 means new beginnings.

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Passover represents the death. Jesus never told us to celebrate His resurrection.WE are to commemorate His death through Communion.

He never told us to celebrate Christmas, yet we do, if Jesus did not rise, we would all be going to hell! Communion is the remembrance of what Jesus has done for us, both is death, and resurrection!

Reactions: marks and ScottA

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you have to make it attractive to the masses, so pattern it after a celebration the world practices and the time of year they practice it.

Reactions: ScottA

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He never told us to celebrate Christmas, yet we do, if Jesus did not rise, we would all be going to hell! Communion is the remembrance of what Jesus has done for us, both is death, and resurrection!
Well, the Bible said it shows His death , not his resurrection, so I'm going to believe it.

1 Cor 11:26
'For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come."

And we are not obligated to celebrate His birth either. There are many good Christians who don't.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the Bible said it shows His death , not his resurrection, so I'm going to believe it.
Well, I'd have to think about that one.
The question we have to ask ourselves, and which FaithBuilders alluded to, is 'where do we see the resurrection of the Christ in the Festival cycle?'

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, I'd have to think about that one.
The question we have to ask ourselves, and which FaithBuilders alluded to, is 'where do we see the resurrection of the Christ in the Festival cycle?'

The feast of firstfruits. Again revealed in Lev 23. Which happens right after Passover during the feast of Unleavened Bread.

Shalom

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Yeshua didn't die on Good Friday. The tradition and doctrines of men is deceptive. I don't care if it is called Easter today. The Bible calls it Passover. Find Easter for me in the Bible. I can show you in dozens of places all about the Passover. I will stick with the Bible thanks.

Shalom

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And I will stick with remembering the birth, death, resurrection, Ascension, and soon return of my Lord, and Savior, Jesus the Christ; and Pentecost! And it really does not mater what day; as long as we remember!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Brilliant idea, I am all for more holidays :D

Reactions: marks and Angelina

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For early New Testament believers, that was Rosh Hashanah (Feast of Trumpets), a.k.a. Jewish New Year.
Even though we have lost track of Jubilee cycles, He is especially expected to appear on a Year of Jubilee.

We commemorate that day by eating Bugles (an American snack chip).
We used to sound our shophar, too.
full

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

1 Cor 11:26
'For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come."

And we are not obligated to celebrate His birth either. There are many good Christians who don't.
@Cassanda It's wonderful indeed how much sound, Biblical doctrine is encapsulated in the Lord's Supper; the Incarnation; the death at the Cross; the Resurrection and Coming; looking back and looking forward... :)

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And I will stick with remembering the birth, death, resurrection, Ascension, and soon return of my Lord, and Savior, Jesus the Christ; and Pentecost! And it really does not mater what day; as long as we remember!

Well as far as "And it really does not matter what day, as long as we remember" is reveals a total lack of understanding the bible. The feast is actually the Hebrew word MOED or Moedim for the plural which in English as the meaning of an appointed time and that does not mean any day we choose. The feasts of Yawheh as stated in Lev 23 and other places are on the same days every year. They were on a Hebrew calendar not a Gregorian Calender like we are which in the scheme of things in not really that old.

So to put it in a modern context it is like a birthday or a wedding anniversary they are appointed times thay are on the same day every year. Now the bible I read says that Yahweh doesn't change and Yeshua (Jesus) declares I am the same yesterday, today and forever. They are Yahweh's feast days and not Jewish. There is so much significance and meaning directly connected to the 1st and 2nd coming of Yeshua in these feasts unless one understands that well things get redefined and you end up celebrating other days when you want.

I would rather be at Yahweh's special appointed times and do what He said and what He teaches in His word on how He wants to be worshipped. Not rely on what man says and the false doctrines of men and demons.

All the best standing before Him explaining you wanted to do things your way and your time. This attitude reveals a hard stubborn unteachable heart which I definitely had before by Yahweh's mercy and grace revealed what His word actually says. Stubbornous and rebellion are as the sin of witchcraft which interestingly are what all the other days made up by man are rooted in. Stick to the scriptures "Do not add or take away from them" again this is what our Bibles teach.

Shalom

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Faithbuilders And you know, in the Lord's Supper, a lot of doctrinally vital events are truly implied and demonstrated.....