I want to create a new holiday...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Pentecost, aka the feast of weeks.

Yes this is the same day finally someone actually knows this, it is not the day the so called church started. Pentecost is the Feast of Weeks from Lev 23. The day it is believed the nation of Israel heard the commandments spoken by Yahweh at Mt Sinai. If you look at that account you will see the same manifestations happening when the disciples where gathered in the temple praying. Wind and fire wink wink. This is why towards the end of Acts 2 when Peter was preaching the 3,000 that were added were devout Jews!!! Why because they were commanded to be in Jerusalem at that time because Yahweh commanded them 3 times a year you are to appear before me Passover, Feast of Weeks, Feast of Tabernacles when Yeshua (Jesus was born). They were all Jewish it even lists the countries they travelled from to be there.

Shalom

Reactions: lforrest

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He never told us to celebrate Christmas, yet we do, if Jesus did not rise, we would all be going to hell! Communion is the remembrance of what Jesus has done for us, both is death, and resurrection!
That is right...everyday is a celebration of life in Christ Jesus, especially those of great significance. And the church fathers, in spite of their flaws and failures, claimed many of the modern traditional holidays for Christ, that were once Pagan (just as we once were).

"Old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

Reactions: marks and Angelina

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well as far as "And it really does not matter what day, as long as we remember" is reveals a total lack of understanding the bible. The feast is actually the Hebrew word MOED or Moedim for the plural which in English as the meaning of an appointed time and that does not mean any day we choose. The feasts of Yawheh as stated in Lev 23 and other places are on the same days every year. They were on a Hebrew calendar not a Gregorian Calender like we are which in the scheme of things in not really that old.

So to put it in a modern context it is like a birthday or a wedding anniversary they are appointed times thay are on the same day every year. Now the bible I read says that Yahweh doesn't change and Yeshua (Jesus) declares I am the same yesterday, today and forever. They are Yahweh's feast days and not Jewish. There is so much significance and meaning directly connected to the 1st and 2nd coming of Yeshua in these feasts unless one understands that well things get redefined and you end up celebrating other days when you want.

I would rather be at Yahweh's special appointed times and do what He said and what He teaches in His word on how He wants to be worshipped. Not rely on what man says and the false doctrines of men and demons.

All the best standing before Him explaining you wanted to do things your way and your time. This attitude reveals a hard stubborn unteachable heart which I definitely had before by Yahweh's mercy and grace revealed what His word actually says. Stubbornous and rebellion are as the sin of witchcraft which interestingly are what all the other days made up by man are rooted in. Stick to the scriptures "Do not add or take away from them" again this is what our Bibles teach.

Shalom
All of what you have said is good and good to do for a time. But that time was only to be "until I come." Which began in biblical times:

"But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you." Matthew 12:28

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, it is not good to refer to His little ones as having "a hard stubborn unteachable heart" or "as the sin of witchcraft." Remember, they are as little children. But rather, it is as you said, Jesus, being God, is the "same yesterday, today and forever." Thus, everyday is a celebration.

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All of what you have said is good and good to do for a time. But that time was only to be "until I come." Which began in biblical times:

"But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you." Matthew 12:28

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, it is not good to refer to His little ones as having "a hard stubborn unteachable heart" or "as the sin of witchcraft." Remember, they are as little children. But rather, it is as you said, Jesus, being God, is the "same yesterday, today and forever." Thus, everyday is a celebration.

2 Corinth 5:17 has nothing to do with the feast days of Lev 23 they have to do with the old man the flesh read the verses before and after it has to do with the flesh and being reconciled through Messiah nothing to do with the feasts days what so ever. Very good example of taking one verse and supporting a man-made doctrine. Commonly called cut and paste.

Matt 12:28 Also has nothing to with not celebrating and remembering Yahweh's feast days it is about casting out demons and being accused of doing it by Beelzebub/The Devil/Satan.

These verses have nothing to do with celebrating any days quite frankly. The exegesis is very poor. Sometimes things need to be said directly and a rebuke is needed. So hopefully one can stop and think about what is being said. But sadly people can't take rebukes these days which is a total scriptural thing to do. They take an offence instead. Yeshua said himself

NKJ John 7:16 Jesus answered them and said, "My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me.

Yeshua taught what His Father's doctrine was. All they had at the time was the Hebrew scriptures. Yeshua observed the feast and never ever once said they were done away with He actually supported them. The apostles observed them decades after the death and resurrection of the Messiah. Which if you take some time and look can be found many times in Acts and Paul's other letters.

Zech 14:16-21 is a prophecy which hasn't happened yet explaining that after the return of our Messiah those on the earth will be expected to go up to Jerusalem for the Feast of Tabernacles and if they don't there will be no rain on their land.

So the current theology is they kept the feast including Yeshua, then Yeshua dies so we don't have to do it anymore, then Yeshua comes back again and we have to do it again.

Mal 3:6 Yahweh doesn't change....

Heb 13:8 Yeshua is the same yesterday, today and forever....

What I have declared there are no contradictions what others have replied to me there are contradictions. I am guessing we are mostly adults here. Nearly 2,000 yrs of mixed religious doctrine is at the root of this antisemitic doctrine of men. And to say what the early church father's (who were by the way mostly antisemitic) did by claiming pagan holidays for Christ and that they are acceptable is an absolute disgrace. Maybe when you bought up Matt 12:28 you should apply it to your own doctrine. It is straight from Beelzebub himself.

Will the Truth please stand Up!!!!

Shalom

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For early New Testament believers, that was Rosh Hashanah (Feast of Trumpets), a.k.a. Jewish New Year.
Even though we have lost track of Jubilee cycles, He is especially expected to appear on a Year of Jubilee.

We commemorate that day by eating Bugles (an American snack chip).
We used to sound our shophar, too.
full

christians are not permitted to participate in Jewish feasts and fasts

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinth 5:17 has nothing to do with the feast days of Lev 23 they have to do with the old man the flesh read the verses before and after it has to do with the flesh and being reconciled through Messiah nothing to do with the feasts days what so ever. Very good example of taking one verse and supporting a man-made doctrine. Commonly called cut and paste.

Matt 12:28 Also has nothing to with not celebrating and remembering Yahweh's feast days it is about casting out demons and being accused of doing it by Beelzebub/The Devil/Satan.

These verses have nothing to do with celebrating any days quite frankly. The exegesis is very poor. Sometimes things need to be said directly and a rebuke is needed. So hopefully one can stop and think about what is being said. But sadly people can't take rebukes these days which is a total scriptural thing to do. They take an offence instead. Yeshua said himself

NKJ John 7:16 Jesus answered them and said, "My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me.

Yeshua taught what His Father's doctrine was. All they had at the time was the Hebrew scriptures. Yeshua observed the feast and never ever once said they were done away with He actually supported them. The apostles observed them decades after the death and resurrection of the Messiah. Which if you take some time and look can be found many times in Acts and Paul's other letters.

Zech 14:16-21 is a prophecy which hasn't happened yet explaining that after the return of our Messiah those on the earth will be expected to go up to Jerusalem for the Feast of Tabernacles and if they don't there will be no rain on their land.

So the current theology is they kept the feast including Yeshua, then Yeshua dies so we don't have to do it anymore, then Yeshua comes back again and we have to do it again.

Mal 3:6 Yahweh doesn't change....

Heb 13:8 Yeshua is the same yesterday, today and forever....

What I have declared there are no contradictions what others have replied to me there are contradictions. I am guessing we are mostly adults here. Nearly 2,000 yrs of mixed religious doctrine is at the root of this antisemitic doctrine of men. And to say what the early church father's (who were by the way mostly antisemitic) did by claiming pagan holidays for Christ and that they are acceptable is an absolute disgrace. Maybe when you bought up Matt 12:28 you should apply it to your own doctrine. It is straight from Beelzebub himself.

Will the Truth please stand Up!!!!

Shalom
Okay, this is a big issue, and you have posted lots to discuss. Let's give it a go.

First off, I was not addressing the feast days per se. The feast days were practices that were to point to some events that occurred (in remembrance), and others that would eventually be fulfilled. The point however, is not the celebration, but rather what it points to-- this is what it means to "hear what the Spirit says" in the scriptures. So, there are the feasts and practices and celebrations...and then there are the real events. What pertains to this thread and this topic, are the modern day practices that are considered by some to be "Christian", and to be "Pagan" by others.

The problem with considering the modern day holiday practices to be Pagan, is that it assumes that Christ has not overcome all. But He did. Past tense. "I have overcome the world." And, one may not think favorably of the early church fathers, and rightly so-- but God raises up leaders, not men...and what they may mean for evil, God works together for good. His strength is made perfect in weakness.

As for 2 Corinth 5:17, I did not present it regarding the feasts, but regarding what has already come to pass since Christ overcame the world.

As for Matt 12:28, I did not present it either as regarding the feasts, but rather that the apex of all the feasts had come to fruition with Christ's first appearing. As for those events you may not consider finished, I would have to agree with Christ, who said, "It is finished." Otherwise...as I have already said, He did not overcome the world-- But He did. Again, past tense. And the point that I was making was not about Christ casting out demons, but rather for noting the times. Again, He came and overcame the whole world. It's the timing that He was referring to...as did I.

As for "rebuke", I agree. But not with the rebuke you gave against the children of God, for they are the pure in heart.

As for Jesus and the apostles observing the feasts, yes, it was right that they should do so. For He was the Last, and they were of Him. However, regarding the last that are first-- it is not for a practice, but that they should open the door when He knocks and enter in to the glory of the Father.

As for Zech 14:16-21 not having happened yet...you say it has not happened. Yet anyone who has heard the Lord knocking and opened the door, has gone up to Jerusalem, forever-- the new Jerusalem in God, come down from heaven, God and the Son of God, to each who open the door, each in his own order. And yes, there has also been no rain, for there are indeed, contradiction.

As for Antisemitism, it is not anti sematic to only abide in that other fold that Christ must bring, any more than Christ saying that He had come only for the house of Israel. On the contrary, we should let the dead bury the dead (in Christ), and believe that the kingdom of God has indeed come to them and to us-- the dead and the living.

"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that may well be the most profound lie of the Catholic church that put the church on the road to ruin.

Since they point to the coming of Christ to practice them is to say Christ has not yet come as the perfidious Jews claim
Which is offensive to Christ our king!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since they point to the coming of Christ to practice them is to say Christ has not yet come as the perfidious Jews claim
Which is offensive to Christ our king!
No, no, no, lol.
The ONLY time the keeping of an old covenant feast or sabbath condemns a person is if they do it in order to be justified.
The Catholic church ruined the church with their ridiculous, un-spiritual teachings about the law, and faith and works.

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
christians are not permitted to participate in Jewish feasts and fasts
We may acknowledge them in how they relate to Jesus.
We just have no obligation to observe them in a traditional Jewish fashion.

Easter is just Passover with a pagan name.
Pentecost (Feast of Weeks) is very important to Pentecostals & Charismatics.
Tabernacles (Feast of Booths) is a better estimate of The Incarnation than Christmas.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry friend it is not Easter it is what the Bible calls Passover. You know how Yeshua (Jesus) is called the Passover Lamb and not the Easter Bunny, big clue!!!

Shalom
it's Passover if you are Jewish but it's Easter if you aren't. Passover doesn't celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus - Easter does.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For a Christian, it does.
Jesus was the ultimate Passover Lamb.
Passover celebrates the passing over of the angel of death.
Easter celebrates the resurrection of Jesus and the possibility of new life in Christ.
Both of these events should be celebrated.