I want to see the real...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I'm over becoming an expert about the bible... it really means nothing to me if it's just a history book and the power isn't present today... and I don't need some kind of social scene or religious club to belong to... I have plenty of friends... what I I want to see is what Jesus said... that we'd be doing greater miracles than Him because He was going to the Father... I want to see the dead raised... the sick healed... etc... but I honestly don't see it happening that often... I mean I've seen it but I want to see it everywhere and common... like the way you see the light when you flip on the switch... I want to see when we bring Christ into a room the light doesn't only become present... but the darkness is vanished... what are some reason you guys think we're not seeing the fullness of God's power and Christ's proclamations everywhere and everyday?

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
AMEN and Amen...That is what we are suppose to be doing Robbie...We have the authority and the power from Him...we need to exercise Faith and believe His WORD.....

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Robbie - keep in mind we are not Jesus or the 12 apostles - we are the "saved believers" as a result of them and their teaching.

Sometimes Christians make the mistake of thinking the attributes of the apostles should apply to all of us .

If we could raise the dead and heal the sick we could create eternal life here on earth, which would defeat the plan of God.

There are some cases of the miraculous among believers, but it appears to be at God's choosing.

Our duty is to believe and be saved, anything beyond that is wonderful, but not a requirement.

Best wishes
Arnie

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I used to buy that Arnie when the pastor at the church I went to would say that but now I believe that's a bunch of bullshiz spread by false teachers that don't carry the gifts of the Spirit to cover up their lack of God's power in their life because how can you convince people to give you 10 percent of their money when you don't have the signs following you that Jesus said would follow those that believe... so you gotta come up with some lie that sounds like truth... because why would I follow someone and pay them if I know they really don't believe?

So I''m over the nonsense of blaming God for our lack of His Power in our Life...

Because the truth isn't what all those pastor's say... the truth is what Jesus says... and Jesus said that the signs would follow those who believe... not that the signs would follow the apostles and when they died Jesus would become powerless and just some pathetic religion...

So my question isn't to make excuses for why we're not walking in the authority Jesus said we'd have... but to figure out what's causing our lack... so we can get rid of whatever might be hindering us or increase whatever might be lacking...

It's like Greg Laurie used to say... some times God says no... and some times slow... and some times go... but I think that's a bunch of crap... because when Jesus talked to the disciples about how they couldn't perform miracles He said it was because of their lack of faith... not because sometimes God just likes to let people suffer...

I'm 100% convinced that God always wants to heal, set free, and every other good thing and it's us that's hindering and not Him... but you know... I understand why humans have such a hard time admitting that... because people just seem to have a hard time taking responsibility for anything... it's so much easier to pass the blame...

even if that means blaming God... but I guess that's the way it's been since the beginning...

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
I'm over becoming an expert about the bible... it really means nothing to me if it's just a history book and the power isn't present today... and I don't need some kind of social scene or religious club to belong to... I have plenty of friends... what I I want to see is what Jesus said... that we'd be doing greater miracles than Him because He was going to the Father... I want to see the dead raised... the sick healed... etc... but I honestly don't see it happening that often... I mean I've seen it but I want to see it everywhere and common... like the way you see the light when you flip on the switch... I want to see when we bring Christ into a room the light doesn't only become present... but the darkness is vanished... what are some reason you guys think we're not seeing the fullness of God's power and Christ's proclamations everywhere and everyday?

You want to see; well did you ever stop to think what God wants to see?

God wants to see his people to live the whole Word of God. God wants his people to live a sinless life.

When people start living in the Spirit then one will see the Gifts of the Holy Spirit.

timf

Jan 1, 2011

Isaiah 14:13-14 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

I have found from continual personal failures that whenever I am frustrated, disappointed, or angry it is a result of a conflict between what I expect and reality. I am only slowly recognizing the distance I put between my Savior and myself when I focus on what I want and what I expect.

Satan has designed the world to operate by the "compass" of self. We need to surrender self so that He who saved us and loves us can make us into His image.

2 Corinthians 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
No... I didn't think at all about what God wants to see.. I pulled all the healing, raising the dead, etc out of thin air and what I said was that I was the one that was going to do it all and be God... haha... are people seriously that bad at reading comprehension or are they not even processing stuff because they've already made up in their mind the judgmental nonsense they're going to preach beforehand? Just so you know... that kind of attitude towards others is part of what makes christianity look retarded and causes offense to the name of Jesus...

And TIMF... you can straight up beat it with your little manipulative attempt at comparing me and satan... there's absolutely no relevance between what him and I said as I'm confessing my need for God and also that I'm the one hindering what Jesus said would happen and not that I'm gonna be the one that is going to be God... haha... where did you even get that? so please go stand on a corner somewhere and shout at everyone that they're going to hell to make yourself feel better because your manipulative attempt at condemning me to raise yourself up is trash and I really could care less about ever hearing what you have to say again...

As to anyone else... if someone has some rational thought about the topic and not some ignorant accusation please share.. otherwise go start a topic called something like, "I'm more right than you" and you guys can call each other the devil all day long...

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
No... I didn't think at all about what God wants to see.. I pulled all the healing, raising the dead, etc out of thin air and what I said was that I was the one that was going to do it all and be God... haha... are people seriously that bad at reading comprehension or are they not even processing stuff because they've already made up in their mind the judgmental nonsense they're going to preach beforehand? Just so you know... that kind of attitude towards others is part of what makes christianity look retarded and causes offense to the name of Jesus...

And TIMF... you can straight up beat it with your little manipulative attempt at comparing me and satan... there's absolutely no relevance between what him and I said as I'm confessing my need for God and also that I'm the one hindering what Jesus said would happen and not that I'm gonna be the one that is going to be God... haha... where did you even get that? so please go stand on a corner somewhere and shout at everyone that they're going to hell to make yourself feel better because your manipulative attempt at condemning me to raise yourself up is trash and I really could care less about ever hearing what you have to say again...

As to anyone else... if someone has some rational thought about the topic and not some ignorant accusation please share.. otherwise go start a topic called something like, "I'm more right than you" and you guys can call each other the devil all day long...

Anyone else care to pick certain words from Robbie and use them to form your own sentence?

I've very concerned about your ideas on Air processing Robbie! You must be pro polution.

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
Robbie i do agree. where are the elders with the prayer of faith for healing...etc until we walk in one body and stop fighting faith will be on a small scale.remember the word works but it only works by faith.remember the word a garden was before them and behind destuction call forth miracles at there will not pulling rack on each other--one accord-- one faith--one body :rolleyes:

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I hear that Gregg... if I'm honest with myself my level of faith is pathetic... I remember reading the bible back in the day and thinking, "Dude... how many times does Jesus have to bring the disciples through a storm, make there be enough food out of nothing, etc... before they stop tripping out and start believing Him" but when I look back at my life and every storm He brought me through and every time I thought I didn't have enough and He made it enough and how I still stress about whether He's going to let me die in the wilderness I realize I'm exactly the same...

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I really believe. The Holy Spirit is strong in my life. I have built this through our deep and personal relationship, my complete submission, and furthering my knowledge in His written word. In my life he has proven Himself healer, saviour, protector, and love. The closer I get to Him the deeper my peace and the stronger my love.
He does all the work and I bear witness so I can proclaim truth and give Him glory. Never do I feel something happened because I asked for it, rather because he moved me towards allowing it to happen.
I admit I have strong faith, long patients and know His strength over powers and principalities.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
"And it shall come to pass afterward, [that] I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call." Joel 2:28-32

I love to see other people who share in the desire to continue to spread the gospel into the whole world and to see the works manifested in the world today. We need saved believers to come out of complacency and begin to work and evangelize! What is the use of us having this gift of salvation and not using it. He has given us authority and power Acts 1:8! The church needs to wake up and use it!! More people need to know Jesus and believe in Him than the ones who are now!

Tehilah BaAretz

Apr 19, 2011
Jerusalem, Israel
Paul cried out, "That I might know Him!" I told God last week that I need some loving and I need some communications. I'll be happy if all I get is instructions on how to do His will. It was His idea to include the verse, "Faith without works is dead." in the Bible, wasn't it? If He doesn't take action I have no hope. I want God to step onto the scenes of life here on Earth and to show the world His glory again. If He wants me to participate in that plan I would be thrilled. I'm asking for miracles of healings, raising the dead, defeating the enemies and messages of instruction.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Paul cried out, "That I might know Him!" I told God last week that I need some loving and I need some communications. I'll be happy if all I get is instructions on how to do His will. It was His idea to include the verse, "Faith without works is dead." in the Bible, wasn't it? If He doesn't take action I have no hope. I want God to step onto the scenes of life here on Earth and to show the world His glory again. If He wants me to participate in that plan I would be thrilled. I'm asking for miracles of healings, raising the dead, defeating the enemies and messages of instruction.

Becoming one with God

(Acts 2:38-39) “You must repent, Peteranswered and every one of you must be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ forthe forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the HolySpirit. The promise that was made isfor you and your children, and for all those who are far away, for all thosewhom the Lord our God is calling to himself.”

Receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit.

The gifts of the Holy Spirit are many, but just to name afew.

(1 Corinthians 12:27-30) “Now you togetherare Christ’s body; but each of you is a different part of it. In the Church, God has given the first placeto apostles, the second to prophets, the third to teachers; after them, miracles, and after them the gift of healing; helpers, good leaders, those with many languages. Are all of them apostles, or all of themprophets, or all of them teachers? Doall speak strange languages, and all interpret them?”

The Holy Spirit/Jesus will begin to teach and give one thegrace to live the whole Word of God.

(1 John 2:27) “But you have not lost theanointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you, theanointing he gave teaches you everything; you are anointed with truth, not alie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

Living the Word of God includes loving, even one’senemies.

(Matthew 5:43-44) “You have learnt how it was said, youmust love your neighbor and hate your enemy, but I say this to you: love yourenemies and pray for those who persecute you.”

(Matthew 5:39) “You have learnt how it wassaid: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ But I say this to you: offer thewicked man no resistance.”

One can’t say he or she loves if they have money storedand they keep it stored even when they know there is some one in need of thatmoney.

(1 John 3:16-18) “This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christlaid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. Ifanyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity onhim, how can the love of God be in him? Dearchildren, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.”

Jesus told us the following

(Matthew 6:19) “Do not store up foryourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thievesbreak in and steal.”

(Matthew 6:24)"Noone can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, orhe will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both Godand Money.”

(Luke 12:33) “Sell your possessions and givealms. Get yourselves purses that do notwear out, treasure that will not fail you, in Heaven where no thief can reachit and no moth destroy it. For whereyour treasure is, there will your heart be also.”

(Luke 14:33) “So in the same way, none of youcan be my disciple unless he gives up all his possessions.”

A Spiritual Christian is a temple of God where no sinexists.

(Romans 6:2-4) “How can we who died to sin yet live in it?

Or are you unaware that we who were baptizedinto Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were indeed buried with himthrough baptism into death, so that, just as Christ was raised from the dead bythe glory of the Father, we too might live in newness of life.”

(1 John 5:18) “ Weknow that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born ofGod keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him”

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, becausethe devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of Godappeared was to destroy the devil's work”

When one learns to obey and live the Word of God, he orshe will become the home of God.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me willkeep my word and my Father will love him, and we shallcome to him and make a home in him.”

(1 Corinthians 2:13-14) “Therefore we teach,not in the way in which philosophy is taught, but in the way that the Spiritteaches us: we teach spiritual things spiritually. An unspiritual person is one who does not accept anything of theSpirit of God he sees it all as nonsense; it is beyond his understandingbecause it can only be understood by means of the Spirit.”

To maintain life in one he or she needs spiritual food.

(John 6:53-55) “How can this man give us his flesh to eat? They said. Jesus replied: ‘I tell you most solemnly, if you do not eat the flesh ofthe Son of Man and drink his blood, you will not have life in you. Anyone who does eat my flesh and drink myblood has eternal life, and I shall raise him up on the last day.”

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
This is pretty much true today also.

Matthew 13:58 (ESV)
[sup]58 [/sup]And he did not do many mighty works there, because of their unbelief.