I wish to explain myself

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rene Loup

Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This post was my breaking point:
Hello! I brought cookies :D lol

Not even the Rapture Ready forums broke me this quickly, mainly because back then, I was afraid of being alone and rejected. So I basically joined a Right Winged cult that focused almost solely on a very specific view of end times theology. That, and many other websites also ran by the American Religious Right. Because of my ignorance of Scripture and the concept of fact-checking, I nearly ruined my life following their teachings. My physical, mental, financial, and even spiritual health were deteriorating and I was holding on to their narrow view of the Pre-Tribulation rapture. I learned the hard way to NEVER underestimate the power of an echo-chamber, one where only ONE idea and ONE IDEA ALONE reigned supreme, even to the point of twisting God's Holy Word.

How did this happen? Let's just say life was NOT kind to me growing up. I was desperate for an escape, whether through death or by the Pre-Tribulation rapture I was holding onto with an iron grip. These websites along with numerous Bible Prophecy teachers like John Haller, Charlie Garrette, Amir Tsafarti, J.D. Farag, and many others kept promising Christ's Second Coming was near. Year after year, Christ never came back and my overall health continued to deteriorate.

It was not until I joined an actual church with many wonderful people, a couple known wolves in sheep's clothing, actually READING the Bible, and participated in many discussions related to Christianity, with many diverse views. In fact, the first thing that was told to me that started this whole path back to God was my pastor telling me, "You have an unrealistic view of God." I did NOT want to hear that at the time, but I am VERY GLAD I DID!!!

I know I have developed a rather controversial reputation on this website. I have been accused of being a troll and/or being part of a liberal conspiracy, I am not. I have voted only twice in my life, both for the Conservative Party. I do not identify as a liberal or a conservative. I MUCH rather be following God's teachings rather than man's. After reading the Bible, I found it goes across the political spectrum. Some Biblical values were clearly conservative, some clearly liberal, and some even take middle ground. The best part is, there is so much more I haven't even discovered yet. This is why I encourage actual thoughtful analysis, even if we don't want to hear the opposing viewpoint. Otherwise, that is NOT seeking truth, that is seeking VALIDATION!

My life is my testimony.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know I have developed a rather controversial reputation on this website. I have been accused of being a troll and/or being part of a liberal conspiracy, I am not. I have voted only twice in my life, both for the Conservative Party. I do not identify as a liberal or a conservative. I MUCH rather be following God's teachings rather than man's. After reading the Bible, I found it goes across the political spectrum. Some Biblical values were clearly conservative, some clearly liberal, and some even take middle ground. The best part is, there is so much more I haven't even discovered yet. This is why I encourage actual thoughtful analysis, even if we don't want to hear the opposing viewpoint. Otherwise, that is NOT seeking truth, that is seeking VALIDATION!

You have taken a risk at allowing yourself to be vulnerable on this site...as those who have attacked your beliefs... will also attack everything else you will have to say... I have seen these attacks coming at you... and I am SORRY for them.

I don't think Canadians or any other country that is NOT America... can possibly understand America.... She does not view herself in the same light as others do... and she is NOT receptive to outside viewpoints of herself.... and in my opinion... this is a very dangerous stance to take... as one who does NOT know THYSELF... will surely be deceived. You have entered these forums at a time that is absolutely chaotic and seriously dangerous. There is no amount of FACT or WARNING that will change the minds of those who think and believe that their COUNTRY and their RIGHTS are being attacked.

I appreciate your honesty... Your pearls of wisdom will not fall softy... and they will be trampled upon.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You have taken a risk at allowing yourself to be vulnerable on this site...as those who have attacked your beliefs... will also attack everything else you will have to say... I have seen these attacks coming at you... and I am SORRY for them.

I don't think Canadians or any other country that is NOT America... can possibly understand America.... She does not view herself in the same light as others do... and she is NOT receptive to outside viewpoints of herself.... and in my opinion... this is a very dangerous stance to take... as one who does NOT know THYSELF... will surely be deceived. You have entered these forums at a time that is absolutely chaotic and seriously dangerous. There is no amount of FACT or WARNING that will change the minds of those who think and believe that their COUNTRY and their RIGHTS are being attacked.

I appreciate your honesty... Your pearls of wisdom will not fall softy... and they will be trampled upon.
@Adoration You are right that Christians who otherwise might believe much the same thing about the Scriptures, might have different historical outlooks because of the countries from which they may come.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are right that Christians who otherwise might believe much the same thing about the Scriptures, might have different historical outlooks because of the countries from which they may come.

I think what is occurring in America right now goes WAY PAST historical outlooks. I have been labelled all kinds of nasty things because I have questioned the behaviour and rhetoric of the sitting president of the United States... People seem to have lost their minds over this election.
Ironically... what originally drew me to this topic was the behaviour of these supposed prophets... They seem to be supporting this theory that the election has NOT yet been decided.... The president refuses to concede... and this is an American first... No matter how you look at it... these are not good times... and I really do not think those who are pressing for civil war... remotely understand the consequences of what they are pushing for.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Nancy

Rene Loup

Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Give God the glory. Please.[1]

That is not going to stop me from trying until the Lord tells me to walk away. All it will take is faith!

I would like to bear some gifts. By no means are they complete and I encourage further Bible study. Feel free to build upon my notes. Freely I was given, freely I give.

1. Acts 12:18-25

Christianity 101 - God.jpg

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Definition of Sin
Anything that causes oneself[1] and others[2] harm. It does not and cannot get any simpler than that.
[1] 1 Cor. 6:12-20, 15:29-34, Dan. 1:8-16, Gal. 6:7-10, Prov. 16:19-19, Matt. 27:1-5, Rom. 6:19-23, 1 Tim. 6:9-10
[2] Gen. 4:1-14, 34:1-31, James 3:1-18, Mark 7:14-23, Matt. 5:21-30, Prov. 1:8-19, Rom. 13:8-10, 1 Sam. 17:57-18:16

Scripture does not agree with your statement, as being the "Definition of Sin". I also disagree with the statement that "It does not and cannot get any simpler than that."

Scripture is simple, and what is amazing, is that the very definition of Sin in scripture was not included in all those texts you listed:

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Under oneself, you might have also placed, Acts 16:28, as a very clear text.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Rene Loup

Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Scripture does not agree with your statement, as being the "Definition of Sin". I also disagree with the statement that "It does not and cannot get any simpler than that."

Scripture is simple, and what is amazing, is that the very definition of Sin in scripture was not included in all those texts you listed:

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Then I encourage you to read, study, memorize, and discuss Scripture with loved ones at home or at church. I do not expect you to agree with me, only agree with what the Bible says. By no means am I a theologian, I am simply a man in love with God and making efforts to share the gospel.

Thank you for your constructive criticism. I will add that to my notes.

God bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This post was my breaking point:
Hello! I brought cookies :D lol

Not even the Rapture Ready forums broke me this quickly, mainly because back then, I was afraid of being alone and rejected. So I basically joined a Right Winged cult that focused almost solely on a very specific view of end times theology. That, and many other websites also ran by the American Religious Right. Because of my ignorance of Scripture and the concept of fact-checking, I nearly ruined my life following their teachings. My physical, mental, financial, and even spiritual health were deteriorating and I was holding on to their narrow view of the Pre-Tribulation rapture. I learned the hard way to NEVER underestimate the power of an echo-chamber, one where only ONE idea and ONE IDEA ALONE reigned supreme, even to the point of twisting God's Holy Word.

How did this happen? Let's just say life was NOT kind to me growing up. I was desperate for an escape, whether through death or by the Pre-Tribulation rapture I was holding onto with an iron grip. These websites along with numerous Bible Prophecy teachers like John Haller, Charlie Garrette, Amir Tsafarti, J.D. Farag, and many others kept promising Christ's Second Coming was near. Year after year, Christ never came back and my overall health continued to deteriorate.

It was not until I joined an actual church with many wonderful people, a couple known wolves in sheep's clothing, actually READING the Bible, and participated in many discussions related to Christianity, with many diverse views. In fact, the first thing that was told to me that started this whole path back to God was my pastor telling me, "You have an unrealistic view of God." I did NOT want to hear that at the time, but I am VERY GLAD I DID!!!

My life is my testimony.

For future reference, Rene, what you want to guard against is offering unsolicited advice (1), and getting offended when it isn't subsequently welcomed with open arms (2). The thread you tagged in the OP was just a light-hearted and fun discussion, and definitely NOT the type of thread to go barging in, get all serious, and then start accusing the OP of preaching a false gospel. As someone posted, it had absolutely nothing to do with the conversation. There were other threads where you were already in contention with the person in question where such posts would have at least been more appropriate, or you could have even started your own thread on the subject matter. But you opted for the latter.

May I say, you will unfortunately "reach your breaking point" over and over again in life (especially on Christian forums) unless you ease up on interrupting and then attempting to hijack other people's conversations. This is not a considerate thing to do by anyone's standards, so it would always be ill-advised. But you are not alone, however. It's a mistake many newer and inexperienced believers make, in thinking that everyone really needs to hear what they have to say and the view they take on things from their own experiences. But eventually you grow out of being so focused on yourself and your own perspective and experience that you can see more clearly to address people over their situations, and with things that truly help them with their problems.

God bless you on your journey with the Lord.
Hidden In Him

P.S. Posts #6 through #14 are very indicative of someone who has not yet learned a lesson about sharing unsolicited advice, so please consider what I am telling you.

God bless, and wish you the best.