I Wonder Why Some Christians Can Quit "Cold Turkey", But Other Christians Cannot!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No matter your sinful addictions (over eating, alcohol abuse, lying, selfishness, sins of the flesh etc.), some Christians can destroy "Strongholds" instantly. However, others cannot. Some Christians may war with their addictions/strongholds for their entire lives. Interesting huh?

Have you ever been able to quit partaking in a particular sin, destroying a "Stronghold" "Cold Turkey?"

Have you had to go to great lengths with fasting and prayer for years to weaken a "Stronghold", but not totally destroy it?

I think all "Strongholds" can be destroyed "Cold Turkey!" Or very soon after resisting the evil one. If you are talking with the Lord, 1 minute every hour of the day, maybe even more/hour, how can the evil one ever influence you? I have experienced incredible breakthroughs in destroying "Strongholds" with prayer, supplication and quite a few tears.....constantly throughout my daily life.

But then again, I am OBSESSED with talking to our Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've seen both in my life. God does many different things. It's all about what will work best for us to trust Him more.

I don't take credit for defeating personal sins. Whatever I do, I only do in the strength God provides. To what degree God provides strength, and to what degree I'm wanting to use that strength He provides, I think that's how it normally works.

But God sometimes just removes things.

Sometimes God challenges us with a greater role.

And sometimes God allows great hindrance both inside and outside against following Him, and in those times, our faith is truly being worked on by God.

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus