I would like any desire for nicotine/smoking taken away from me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am sick of it and want it gone

PS I probably would have quit a lot earlier if not for counterproductive supernatural stuff like Satan attacking me. A complete double standard when you consider stories like this: How God Helped Me Overcome My Smoking Addiction -

She says:

“I prayed for the Lord’s help, and He graciously helped me overcome the initial physical addiction. Still, I was regularly tempted by cigarettes. I gave into the temptation to smoke after six weeks, and the addiction grabbed hold of me again.

Even though I failed, the Lord continued to show me His favor. The longer I walked with Christ, the more I gained His inner peace. My thought patterns became more positive and hopeful. God demonstrated His love and trustworthiness time after time. My passion to quit smoking grew, but my ability to stop the addiction decreased with each passing year.”

Note the treatment given to her as compared to the disgusting decision to unleash Satan upon me

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PS I probably would have quit a lot earlier if not for counterproductive supernatural stuff like Satan attacking me. A complete double standard when you consider stories like this: How God Helped Me Overcome My Smoking Addiction -

She says:

“I prayed for the Lord’s help, and He graciously helped me overcome the initial physical addiction. Still, I was regularly tempted by cigarettes. I gave into the temptation to smoke after six weeks, and the addiction grabbed hold of me again.

Even though I failed, the Lord continued to show me His favor. The longer I walked with Christ, the more I gained His inner peace. My thought patterns became more positive and hopeful. God demonstrated His love and trustworthiness time after time. My passion to quit smoking grew, but my ability to stop the addiction decreased with each passing year.”

Note the treatment given to her as compared to the disgusting decision to unleash Satan upon me
Praying for you!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The three step process to changing your heart:

1. Be angry that you sinned (and admit you were angry at the sin)

2. Be bitter that the world learned to sin from your sin, what it did (and project being bitter into the future at some point about that).

3. Decide that you want the Holy Spirit to have peace beyond this life, even a life of whatever it is you are struggling with (and resolve to stay that way, whatever the cost).

These three steps will recalibrate what your heart values, according to the emotions you recruit for your conscience to work on.

And by all means, remember Jesus advice, not to stay in your old home, when you are trying to escape the unclean spirits that used to live there (find a new home and forget the temptations you used to have).

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nah I didn’t sin

The sin was unleashing Satan upon me and leaving me unhealed. I also had to deal with a non stop barking dog for 10 years whereas people who are Christians and been smoking for decades or a lot more than I ever did did not have Satan unleashed upon them

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

She says:

May this help you:

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
May this help you:

I appreciate the response

However in my case a large part of the desire to do it was having Satan unleashed upon me and that’s not something stop smoking professionals can help with

What I really need is healing, the Holy Spirit and the days to not fly by so I can find something else to do day in day out

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I appreciate the response

However in my case a large part of the desire to do it was having Satan unleashed upon me and that’s not something stop smoking professionals can help with

What I really need is healing, the Holy Spirit and the days to not fly by so I can find something else to do day in day out
Start with listening to this chapter and continue unto the end, in a dark quiet room, and just close your eyes and listen, and really think about the words, and images it portrays. You shall be delivered.

Reactions: Nancy

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nah I want my healing and the Holy Spirit. It’s only right after the disgusting decision to unleash Satan upon me at the same time I had to deal with non stop barking

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

She says:

I smoked heavily for 12 years. The last year or two I struggled to cut down or quit. Finally I quit. You have to expect six weeks of discomfort. But then I was fine. I have no desire now to smoke.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I smoked heavily for 12 years. The last year or two I struggled to cut down or quit. Finally I quit. You have to expect six weeks of discomfort. But then I was fine. I have no desire now to smoke.
Were you a Christian then and did you have to deal with supernatural attacks including death threats

You see I’m just trying to figure out the apparent double standard between me and other Christians from those on the other side

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I quit for 10 years then started back up. You can quit and perhaps the best way is the taper down to ultra light cigarettes and then decrease the frequency. That's what I did.

Anyways, prayers for you!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe I sinned, trying to help - forgive me

Just so we're clear I'm not being faceitious - my position on sin is that you should confess even if you are not sure you have sinned

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And my position is that you don’t get anyone to stop doing something by supernatural attacks, death threats etc

It just makes them nervous and carry on doing it to calm themselves down

In other words why did I get that sort of treatment while nothing happens to other Christians who smoke

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were you a Christian then and did you have to deal with supernatural attacks including death threats

You see I’m just trying to figure out the apparent double standard between me and other Christians from those on the other side
Yes, I was a Christian then. I don't know how you define "supernatural attacks." Satan, I think, works on all of us. I didn't have any death threats.

Reactions: Nancy and Cassandra

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I was a Christian then. I don't know how you define "supernatural attacks." Satan, I think, works on all of us. I didn't have any death threats.
I’m just wondering why exactly I got spiritually attacked for it while other Christians don’t

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes well it’s even harder to give up when you get attacked by Satan and receive all sorts of messages like I blasphemed the Holy Spirit, that I was going to die and go to hell, that God had decided to kill me, someone claiming to be Jesus telling me to cut my legs off if I wanted to go to heaven and a bunch of other stuff. You can ask the Holy Spirit if you want more information

So naturally that, combined with non stop barking for 10 years, made my smoking much worse

How did God/Jesus respond? By accusing me of missing the mark, being an enemy of God, being a backslider and punching Jesus in the face. It’s like they didn’t care one bit what I was going through

So when I read stories about Christians being smokers for decades and nothing happening to them, it makes me wonder what the difference is between me and them.

All I really want is healing/the Holy Spirit (since, you know, I can’t have the last few years of my life back without all that garbage)

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I really want is healing/the Holy Spirit (since, you know, I can’t have the last few years of my life back without all that garbage)
I pray the Holy Spirit come to you and heal you.
I pray that you be protected from demonic attacks and influences.
And I also pray you're able to kick the nicotine habit. (My father-in-law died of lung cancer, my mother of emphysema. Both were heavy smokers.)

• Sad

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes well it’s even harder to give up when you get attacked by Satan and receive all sorts of messages like I blasphemed the Holy Spirit, that I was going to die and go to hell, that God had decided to kill me, someone claiming to be Jesus telling me to cut my legs off if I wanted to go to heaven and a bunch of other stuff. You can ask the Holy Spirit if you want more information

So naturally that, combined with non stop barking for 10 years, made my smoking much worse

So when I read stories about Christians being smokers for decades and nothing happening to them, it makes me wonder what the difference is between me and them.

You said this:

"How did God/Jesus respond? By accusing me of missing the mark, being an enemy of God, being a backslider and punching Jesus in the face. It’s like they didn’t care one bit what I was going through"
I can assure you that this is not God or Jesus speaking this type of thing.
He sure doesn't want you to think He is doing bad things to you and is yelling at you.
Who is the accuser of the brethren? Rev 12:10

I think there may be a bit more here, and perhaps talking to a Christian counselor or mental health professional may help with the wanting to remove your legs. Are you taking any medication or have you stopped taking any recently?

An as an aside, it may be that Christians who smoke just don't share what they go through many times. I smoked for decades, and I couldn't quit. I prayed about it, cried, didn't know what to do, and God and I came up with a plan: I started vaping. First I used full strength e juice, then I tapered down over weeks, (they have decreasing levels). I got all the way to 0% nicotine, where the vape tasted liked a cigarette, but I was getting no nicotine. After a week or two, I just threw it away, and have been smoke vape free for 6 years plus.
It might take ya 6 months to a year to do this, maybe less, but God knows what you are doing, what the end goal is, and where your heart is.

• Love