Ideas for old classic family movies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember just the old classic family films from the 80s-90s that were like Black Beauty, Swiss Family Robinson? Just old classic cozy kid and my brain safe things.

I am looking for things to watch and I hate everything modern.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw the original "Parent Trap" (it's better than the 1998 version) as a kid in the 1970's. I was immediately infatuated with the two girls in the movie. And then I was CRUSHED when I learned that it was just one actress, Hailey Mills, playing both roles. Anyway, it's a great and family-friendly movie.

latest

Reactions: Debp and DuckieLady

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if you still visit the forum here. @LadyofFireandLace

But what about some of the family friendly movies from earlier years?

I'm thinking of the famous Fred Astaire movies. He was the best dancer Hollywood had, Gene Kelly coming in second to Astaire in my opinion. Astaire had a 70 year career as he started in show business as a child with his sister.

The old movie channel had a few Fred Astaire movies recently and I enjoyed them. They are light romantic comedy with dance.

Tubi might have a couple of his movies for free.