If any love not the Lord Jesus Christ . . .

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On another thread just now, this came up, a very challenging verse to me:

14017_ce352e9c82045f6990adcedca0ce8f05.png

If any not "phileo" the Lord Jesus Christ . . .

I tend to read this verse along the lines of, If any not agapeo the Lord Jesus Christ.

The difference here is that agapeo is spiritual, and volitional. It's from the Holy Spirit within me, and I choose to act that way, If you agapeo me you will keep my commands, to trust, and to love others, agapeo others, commit myself to their wellbeing, love as God loves.

But here, this is emotional love. Fondness, some say to differentiate it. Have affection in my heart for.

If any not have emotional love for God . . .

This emotion then, it is an act of obedience.

Now, I know that my emotions follow my thoughts, and what I think is true.

So this gets me asking the questions, what might be going on in our minds that we don't have an emotional love for God?

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I tend to read this verse along the lines of, If any not agapeo the Lord Jesus Christ.

The difference here is that agapeo is spiritual, and volitional. It's from the Holy Spirit within me, and I choose to act that way, If you agapeo me you will keep my commands, to trust, and to love others, agapeo others, commit myself to their wellbeing, love as God loves.

But here, this is emotional love. Fondness, some say to differentiate it. Have affection in my heart for.

So this gets me asking the questions, what might be going on in our minds that we don't have an emotional love for God?

Much love!

Can we Truly Love Christ with Agape Love? I Understand Phileo, Brotherly Love, communion with God, But We are incapable of Godly Love for God.

We can Love one another with Godly Love empowered by God with us, The Holy Ghost, But I do not think this goes the other way....
Good question.

Reactions: Nancy

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On another thread just now, this came up, a very challenging verse to me:

14017_ce352e9c82045f6990adcedca0ce8f05.png

Much love!

Outstanding. Your point is hardcore, which is why very few want to engage. For if they did (engage), they'd have to face the issue that the Spirit is not causing them to do anything specific or become anything specific. Head . . . in . . . the . . . sand.

Reactions: Nancy