If Christians Can't Have Demons Debate Me (You Won't Do It) Show Me In Scripture!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does it matter if you "have" a demon, are "influenced" by one, or are "controlled" by one? You are still listening to that voice instead of to God.
Luke 13:11
11 And behold, a woman that had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years; and she was bowed together, and could in no wise lift herself up.

Just wanted to mention there are all kinds of spirits....evil ones, unclean ones, ones that cause sickness and disease as above...lying spirits, deceptive spirits (which seems to be spreading heavily throughout the religious organizations), even religious spirits
So I believe this is why Paul was teaching us to put on the Armor of God daily....and that we don't wrestle against flesh and blood but against spiritual wickedness..(etc)....these spirits are puppets of Satan who have assignments to attack Christians in their weaknesses and in their ignorance of the Truth.

But as for the ones that are tempting us to sin those we should resist....resist the devil and he will flee....or resist temptation and it will flee.

Reactions: Nancy

Steve Owen

Oct 13, 2019
Exmouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your just giving me cherry picks!! deal with the verse!! I agree evil cannot dwell with God but we are not God!!
Well if evil cannot dwell with God, and God dwells in us, then evil cannot dwell in us. Game over, I think.
But I don't understand what you are trying to show with Gal. 4:15. You need to clarify if you want me to discuss it with you.

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
www.jenniferdianeaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The demon is in dry places....
Matt. 12:43-45: “When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order. Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first.…”

The reason Jesus cast the demons into the swine was so they couldn't return to the boy....imho.

And this kind of implies that if our house is filled (with the Holy Spirit and with Jesus) then they can't re-enter because the house has a new occupant and they can't come in.
Or maybe he won't give up to completely destroy that person since the person was renewed and made clean he goes get more of his evil minions to join him to make himself stronger to overcome that person God saved or healed cause he is hateful like that. Etc. The devil is up to no good seeking things precious to God to destroy that person and hurt God and show himself powerful then God...lol or the fact he could not get to someone else so he goes back to the weaker person.. I don't know..I still don't think people should be casting out demons unless the Lord empowered them to do so....

Reactions: Heart2Soul

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Galatians 4:15 Context

12Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am; for I am as ye are: ye have not injured me at all. 13Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first. 14And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus. 15Where is then the blessedness ye spake of? for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me. 16Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? 17They zealously affect you, but not well; yea, they would exclude you, that ye might affect them. 18But it is good to be zealously affected always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you.
^
if you dont have a demon, you arent looking hard enough

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or maybe he won't give up to completely destroy that person since the person was renewed and made clean he goes get more of his evil minions to join him to make himself stronger to overcome that person God saved or healed cause he is hateful like that. Etc. The devil is up to no good seeking things precious to God to destroy that person and hurt God and show himself powerful then God...lol or the fact he could not get to someone else so he goes back to the weaker person.. I don't know..I still don't think people should be casting out demons unless the Lord empowered them to do so....
People who don't know what they are doing should never attempt to cast out demons.....I shared what happened to the Jewish Priest in Acts 19....the evil spirit made a show of him!

Reactions: Jennifer

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well if evil cannot dwell with God, and God dwells in us, then evil cannot dwell in us. Game over, I think.
But I don't understand what you are trying to show with Gal. 4:15. You need to clarify if you want me to discuss it with you.

Game over? God dwells in us, where u get dat from? his spirit dwells in us. Bro I don't mean dis in the wrong way but try studying abit more, maybe looking at some commentaries and audio.

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Dove nice to meet you. Christians do not have demons according to the scriptures they have God's Spirit where no demon can dwell. That being said all Christians have temptations to depart from God and if they do can be controlled by demons if they do not repent and return to believe and follow Gods Word. This is why JESUS says we need to be born again *JOHN 3:3-7. If we are not born again we cannot see the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever is Born of God does not commit sin. This is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 John 3:6-10.

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

nice to meet you 2, 1st off dats not true, just because someones born again doesn't mean they will never sin!! were not Christ!! were all tempted yes but were not perfect!! but if we sin we have an advocate with the father, but the sins shud be few and far between 2 the point of none at all but dat all comes with time we are still being sanctified!! noah was called perfect in hes generation and he still sinned!! being BA!! doesn't make us perfect

1 john 3:8 is talking about wilful sin, if we continue in wilful sin after coming 2 the knowledge of Christ theres is no more forgiveness but fear expectation!! heb 6:4-6 2 peter 2:21

2nd if Christians cant have demons wat was paul talking about in gal 4:15 and also 2 corith 12:7 if u look at the greek messenger means angel, satan has sent a messenger 2 buffet me!! gal 4:15 paul said the temptation was in his flesh!! could you deal wiv those 2 verses please!!

3rd the holy sprit dwells in a persons spirit not the flesh!! he resides probly in the bassom which is why people get dat warm fiery feeling when they perhaps pray or speak in tongues. the demon (thorn in the flesh) resides in the flesh, the holy spirit and the unclean spirit are warring against each other, gal 5:17-18 but the holy spirit is surrounded by Gods hedge of protection and the unclean spirit cant come near him,

romans 7:18 in the flesh dwells no good thing!!

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This passage has absolutely no relation to the title of this thread. Now that's called cherry picking.

dats your opinion and not scriptural and your actually the person I wanna debate, even tho I still remember wat u said about me!! God wants me 2 speak up and I want people 2 know the truth, u need 2 be knocked clean off ur pedal stool, ur just puffed up and full of pride!! I don't want opinions I want scripture so show me in scripture I'm wrong or are u gonna run like uv done many times?

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
www.jenniferdianeaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nice to meet you 2, 1st off dats not true, just because someones born again doesn't mean they will never sin!! were not Christ!! were all tempted yes but were not perfect!! but if we sin we have an advocate with the father, but the sins shud be few and far between 2 the point of none at all but dat all comes with time we are still being sanctified!! noah was called perfect in hes generation and he still sinned!! being BA!! doesn't make us perfect

1 john 3:8 is talking about wilful sin, if we continue in wilful sin after coming 2 the knowledge of Christ theres is no more forgiveness but fear expectation!! heb 6:4-6 2 peter 2:21

2nd if Christians cant have demons wat was paul talking about in gal 4:15 and also 2 corith 12:7 if u look at the greek messenger means angel, satan has sent a messenger 2 buffet me!! gal 4:15 paul said the temptation was in his flesh!! could you deal wiv those 2 verses please!!

3rd the holy sprit dwells in a persons spirit not the flesh!! he resides probly in the bassom which is why people get dat warm fiery feeling when they perhaps pray or speak in tongues. the demon (thorn in the flesh) resides in the flesh, the holy spirit and the unclean spirit are warring against each other, gal 5:17-18 but the holy spirit is surrounded by Gods hedge of protection and the unclean spirit cant come near him,

romans 7:18 in the flesh dwells no good thing!!
Look, demon posseses or not there is always some kind of spiritual warfare with Christians. That's why we must put on the amour of God so we can defeat Satan and his evil minions and those around us who are our enemies. but the truth is you'll have more enemies then demon or spirits trying to attack you and your life. Because it's not always the devil but those walking around too.. because there are people out there to hurt us and sometimes for no reason at all but mostly for being known of the Lord Jesus Christ. I mean, whether you are possess or not, people will still throw thier stones at you..watch your every move to attack you or find some kind of fault on you...and no one ever becomes perfect until they are fully grown and mature in the holy spirit, the word and Jesus Christ himself..so until we put on Christ by having him dress us up, we will never reach that perfection until Jesus fully perfects us there....sooo

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Dec 1, 2019
Qld
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some comments for your consideration provided below...
nice to meet you 2, 1st off dats not true, just because someones born again doesn't mean they will never sin!!
God's salvation is from sin not to continue in sin *JOHN 8:31-36. Those who make a habbit of practicing known sin *ACTS 17:30-31 do not know God and need to be born again *JOHN 3:3-7; 1 JOHN 3:6. It is not God's will that we sin but if any man sins we have an advocate with the father *1 JOHN 2:1-4. As posted earlier sin is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 JOHN 3:6-10.
were not Christ!!
I never said we were Christ. JESUS however is our example though who did no sin and we should follow in his footsteps *1 PETER 2:21-22.
were all tempted yes but were not perfect!!
You mean we are not perfected. This is the work of a lifetime starting off as new born babes desiring the sincere milk of the word we are to grow in grace and the knowledge of our Lord JESUS Christ *1 PETER 2:2; HEBREWS 5:3; 2 Peter 3:18; EPESIANS 4:15. No matter were we are in our spiritual walk with God we can be perfect at every step of the way if we are believing and following all the knowledge of God's Word that he has revealed to us *ACTS 17:30-31; JAMES 4:17; 1 JOHN 1:9; JOHN 3:16-21.
Sure is why do you think I had said differently? It is willful known sin.
Already answered in my first post to you. Christians do not have demons according to the scriptures they have God's Spirit where no demon can dwell. That being said all Christians have temptations to depart from God and if they do can be controlled by demons if they do not repent and return to believe and follow Gods Word. This is why JESUS says we need to be born again *JOHN 3:3-7. If we are not born again we cannot see the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever is Born of God does not commit sin. This is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 John 3:6-10.
3rd the holy sprit dwells in a persons spirit not the flesh!! he resides probly in the bassom which is why people get dat warm fiery feeling when they perhaps pray or speak in tongues. the demon (thorn in the flesh) resides in the flesh, the holy spirit and the unclean spirit are warring against each other, gal 5:17-18 but the holy spirit is surrounded by Gods hedge of protection and the unclean spirit cant come near him romans 7:18 in the flesh dwells no good thing!!
I think you may be a little mixed up here. Where did I ever say to you that the Holy Spirit dwells in a persons flesh. The GREEK word used for flesh is
σάρξ; sarx which means among other things unconverted sinful human nature. This is the good news of the gospel of Chrsit and what it means to be born again by dying with Christ and being raised to newness of life (see ROMANS 6). This simply means living by faith in God's Word. We need to walk in the Spirit (the Word - John 6:63) in order not to fulfill the lusts of the flesh *GALATIANS 5:16; ROMANS 8:4; ROMANS 8:13.

1 CORINTHIANS 3:16-17 [16], Know you not that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? [17], If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

We defile God's temple by living after the flesh (σάρξ; sarx; sinful human nature) and not walking by faith in the Spirit (Word of God) *GALATIANS 5:16; ROMANS 8:13; MATTHEW 15:18-20

May you receive God's Word and be blessed.

Last edited:

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some comments for your consideration provided below...

God's salvation is from sin not to continue in sin *JOHN 8:31-36. Those who make a habbit of practicing known sin *ACTS 17:30-31 do not know God and need to be born again *JOHN 3:3-7; 1 JOHN 3:6. It is not God's will that we sin but if any man sins we have an advocate with the father *1 JOHN 2:1-4. As posted earlier sin is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 JOHN 3:6-10.

I never said we were Christ. JESUS however is our example though who did no sin and we should follow in his footsteps *1 PETER 2:21-22.

You mean we are not perfected. This is the work of a lifetime starting off as new born babes desiring the sincere milk of the word we are to grow in grace and the knowledge of our Lord JESUS Christ *1 PETER 2:2; HEBREWS 5:3; 2 Peter 3:18; EPESIANS 4:15. No matter were we are in our spiritual walk with God we can be perfect at every step of the way if we are believing and following all the knowledge of God's Word that he has revealed to us *ACTS 17:30-31; JAMES 4:17; 1 JOHN 1:9; JOHN 3:16-21.

Sure is why do you think I had said differently? It is willful known sin.

Already answered in my first post to you. Christians do not have demons according to the scriptures they have God's Spirit where no demon can dwell. That being said all Christians have temptations to depart from God and if they do can be controlled by demons if they do not repent and return to believe and follow Gods Word. This is why JESUS says we need to be born again *JOHN 3:3-7. If we are not born again we cannot see the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever is Born of God does not commit sin. This is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 John 3:6-10.

I think you may be a little mixed up here. Where did I ever say to you that the Holy Spirit dwells in a persons flesh. The GREEK word used for flesh is
σάρξ; sarx which means among other things unconverted sinful human nature. This is the good news of the gospel of Chrsit and what it means to be born again by dying with Christ and being raised to newness of life (see ROMANS 6). This simply means living by faith in God's Word. We need to walk in the Spirit (the Word - John 6:63) in order not to fulfill the lusts of the flesh *GALATIANS 5:16; ROMANS 8:4; ROMANS 8:13.

1 CORINTHIANS 3:16-17 [16], Know you not that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? [17], If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

We defile God's temple by living after the flesh (σάρξ; sarx; sinful human nature) and not walking by faith in the Spirit (Word of God) *GALATIANS 5:16; ROMANS 8:13; MATTHEW 15:18-20

May you receive God's Word and be blessed.

KJV Translation Count — Total: 151x
The KJV translates Strong's G4561 in the following manner: flesh (147x), carnal (2x), fleshly (1x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]

flesh (the soft substance of the living body, which covers the bones and is permeated with blood) of both man and beasts
  1. the body
    1. the body of a man

2. used of natural or physical origin, generation or relationship
      1. born of natural generation
    3. the sensuous nature of man, "the animal nature"
      1. without any suggestion of depravity

2. the animal nature with cravings which incite to sin

3. the physical nature of man as subject to suffering
  2. a living creature (because possessed of a body of flesh) whether man or beast

3. the flesh, denotes mere human nature, the earthly nature of man apart from divine influence, and therefore prone to sin and opposed to God

Strong’s Definitions G4563; flesh (as stripped of the skin), i.e. (strictly) the meat of an animal (as food), or (by extension) the body (as opposed to the soul (or spirit), or as the symbol of what is external, or as the means of kindred), or (by implication) human nature (with its frailties (physically or morally) and passions), or (specially), a human being (as such):—carnal(-ly, + -ly minded), flesh(-ly).

I've herd of dis doctrine before where people call the "flesh" sinful nature!! where is paul talking about sinful nature!! and you still havnt addressed the 2 verses I mentioned u just talked about other verses, how can a "thorn" be inside a sinful nature? I think ur just here 2 flex and 2 win the argument!!

3rdAngel

Dec 1, 2019
Qld
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
KJV Translation Count — Total: 151x
The KJV translates Strong's G4561 in the following manner: flesh (147x), carnal (2x), fleshly (1x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]

flesh (the soft substance of the living body, which covers the bones and is permeated with blood) of both man and beasts
  1. the body
    1. the body of a man

2. used of natural or physical origin, generation or relationship
      1. born of natural generation
    3. the sensuous nature of man, "the animal nature"
      1. without any suggestion of depravity

2. the animal nature with cravings which incite to sin

3. the physical nature of man as subject to suffering
  2. a living creature (because possessed of a body of flesh) whether man or beast

3. the flesh, denotes mere human nature, the earthly nature of man apart from divine influence, and therefore prone to sin and opposed to God

Strong’s Definitions G4563; flesh (as stripped of the skin), i.e. (strictly) the meat of an animal (as food), or (by extension) the body (as opposed to the soul (or spirit), or as the symbol of what is external, or as the means of kindred), or (by implication) human nature (with its frailties (physically or morally) and passions), or (specially), a human being (as such):—carnal(-ly, + -ly minded), flesh(-ly).

I've herd of dis doctrine before where people call the "flesh" sinful nature!! where is paul talking about sinful nature!! and you still havnt addressed the 2 verses I mentioned u just talked about other verses, how can a "thorn" be inside a sinful nature? I think ur just here 2 flex and 2 win the argument!!

Thank you for agreeing with me. As posted in my last post to you the Greek word σάρξ; sarx 4561 has many application. Paul is talking about sinful human nature (σάρξ; sarx; flesh) in Romans 7:5; 18; 25 and Romans 8:1; 3; 4; 5; 8; 9; 12-13. As posted earlier every thing you have said has been addressed with the scriptures. It is your intepretation that is in error if you think Chrsitians can be possessed by demons when they are controlled by God's Spirit (talking about true christians here of course). To claim that true christians can be possessed by demons is not biblical. The Greek word σάρξ; sarx 4561 has many meanings. It is the context as to how these words are used that determines the application and the word meanings in both the Hebrew and Greek languages. The same english word is used for both flesh[ly] and carnal applications. If you look at the parallel translations they use both english words interchangably depending on the translation.

Last edited:

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for agreeing with me. As posted in my last post to you the Greek word σάρξ; sarx 4561 has many application. Paul is talking about sinful human nature (σάρξ; sarx; flesh) in Romans 7:5; 18; 25 and Romans 8:1; 3; 4; 5; 8; 9; 12-13. As posted earlier every thing you have said has been addressed with the scriptures. It is your intepretation that is in error if you think Chrsitians can be possessed by demons when they are controlled by God's Spirit (talking about true christians here of course). To claim that true christians can be possessed by demons is not biblical. The Greek word σάρξ; sarx 4561 has many meanings. It is the context as to how these words are used that determines the application and the word meanings in both the Hebrew and Greek languages. The same english word is used for both flesh[ly] and carnal applications. If you look at the parallel translations they use both english words interchangably depending on the translation.

So I'm the one in error even tho u seem 2 think dat having a demon means their possessed? where in my thread or OP did I mention Christians were possessed???

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't want opinions I want scripture so show me in scripture I'm wrong or are u gonna run like uv done many times?
I had to laugh at this post. Anyway let me show you that the passage you have quoted has absolutely nothing to do with (a) demons -- not even mentioned here, nor (b) debate -- also not mentioned here. As others have already pointed out, Christians cannot be possessed by demons.

The whole chapter is about the bondage of the Old Covenant vs the freedom of the New Covenant, and goes back to the Judaizers who had come into these churches.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai [the Old Covenant], which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.[Hagar] 25For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, [the New Jerusalem corresponding to the New Covenant] which is the mother of us all.

So what was Paul telling the Galatians in this particular passage (vv 12-16) which is somewhat of a digression?

PAUL DID NOT BELIEVE THEY HAD HURT HIM
12 Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am; for I am as ye are: ye have not injured me at all.

PAUL REFERRED TO A BODILY DISABILITY OR INFIRMITY
13 Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first.

HIS DISABILITY WAS A TEST FOR THE GALATIANS
14 And my temptation [test] which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.

HIS DISABILITY COULD HAVE BEEN POOR EYESIGHT
15 Where is then the blessedness ye spake of? for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me.

PAUL WAS NOT THEIR ENEMY BECAUSE HE SPOKE THE TRUTH
16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

3rdAngel

Dec 1, 2019
Qld
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So I'm the one in error even tho u seem 2 think dat having a demon means their possessed? where in my thread or OP did I mention Christians were possessed???
Your OP title; "If Christians Can't Have Demons Debate Me (You Won't Do It) Show Me In Scripture!!" You have been shown in scripture brother.

Be blessed.

Last edited:

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 4:15 Context

12Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am; for I am as ye are: ye have not injured me at all. 13Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first. 14And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus. 15Where is then the blessedness ye spake of? for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me. 16Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? 17They zealously affect you, but not well; yea, they would exclude you, that ye might affect them. 18But it is good to be zealously affected always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you.

Just remember, there is a big difference between "Demon Possession" (Unbelievers) and "StrongHolds." (Christians)

The Lord Jesus Christ ONLY, is Worthy of all our Praise and Worship!
Eternity is a Very long Time!
Satan Loves Distractions!

Reactions: Ezra