If I Knew Then...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Build a time machine ASAP and leave, though it would probably to out to be like sliders :D As long as it ain't here at this time and space :D

The funny thing is, -- it seems this is the TIME, PLACE, and CIRCUMSTANCES which GOD has prepared me PHYSICALLY, SPIRITUALLY, and MENTALLY for. I have a LOT of TASKS TO DO, but can't think of a thing I'd change. And even with the tasks I'm working on, my path seems to be prepared before me which is quite an accomplishment considering that I work by myself and the hardware store is a three hour round trip. It always seems that in spite of what I may not have, there's always a solution to a problem.

Philippian s 4:11 Not that I complain of want; for I have learned, in whatever state I am, to be content. 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound; in any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and want. 13 I can do all things in him who strengthens me.

Bobby Jo

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yeah, we already had that discussion! DOH!

But it is important to anticipate. When I accepted a job at Texas Instruments I ALREADY KNEW that their "turnover rate" was about 50% per year, -- they hire straight out of college because they WORD REAL HARD until they get frustrated and LEAVE. And so I traded a good Resume' company and a good experience, knowing I'd only be there a couple of years.

And so too Bible Prophecy predicts tough times in the near future, with a glorious change after that!

With Best Regards,
Bobby Jo
I see a human person in the avatar....looking well and adapted in your forested environment

Reactions: Nancy and Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's actually nice to see the face of those we fellowship (and ARGUE WITH, lol) on here. It also somehow helps with prayer too :)

RIGHT BACK AT YA, -- as I think YOU had a photo posted, and a LOVELY photo at that!

With Very Best Regards,
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That’s quite difficult to consider, wonder if I would have believed it. In all honesty it would have seemed pretty impossible to consider something affecting the whole world and bringing societies to a stand still. Would it have brought about a fear, uncertainty , panic within me. This time last year we were facing my ex husbands cancer diagnosis- which eventually took him in December.
You say hypothetically, yet we have prophecy with revelation about the future - how does that impact us in the here and now. Are we preparing in advance, or merely living in the moment?
How are Christians doing things today when we are already told things will get worse- I place my Hope in the truth that the Lord is still in control , he is not taken surprise by anything and ultimately wins.
Rita
@Rita In the end, the Lord does not expect us to know all sorts of things - especially the future....

Rather, we are called upon lovingly to trust. (Proverbs 3.5: "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding".)

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well,
If somehow God had made known to me what I know today last year at this time...

I woulda been a busy little bee of sorts.
I still would have done Christmas the same. (I worked myself into complete exhaustion)

But then would have had a "sit down" with a friend of mine who is a broker.

We would have done a bunch of research. Found some XTFs and a few others that specialize in shorting the market and invested huge. Especially those who short commodities like oil and oil industry.

Because we could have made a ton of money from those sorts of things.

Then in January (when things first began to heat up) we would have stocked up on lots of toilet paper and sanitizer and masks...(not truckloads but a bunch) and made a small stockpile.
Latex gloves too.

February...had several dinners with friends. Valentine's day would have been more awesome. But I gotta work on dodging the tornadoe's path of destruction)

Then comes March...
Start making deliveries to several people I know. Dumped the rest off at the church.

Told my wife that I'm now officially retired when I got laid off...

Made plans to buy a farm. Seedlings, a couple of pigs and tractors and equipment to get...and looked at plans to figure out which floorplan to build.

Then by April...
I'm having a blast with all of my stuff. Going fishing... going to oversee house construction... maybe planting seedlings and feeding my two piglets (I've named them Porkchop and Bacon) and hanging out with my stockbroker friend.
I ensure that I get four new fuel tanks (1,000 gallon) for farm diesel, road diesel, gasoline and propane and get them filled (except for gas)

I still lay very low...very cautious about those I personally come into contact with.

Mostly because...
If God told me...He obviously expects me to do something. He doesn't want me just to sit around and fret and pray...He expects action. And that's what I am always all about... doing something.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rita In the end, the Lord does not expect us to know all sorts of things - especially the future....

Ummmmmmmm, if this is true, then GOD WASTED a WHOLE BUNCH of Paper, Ink, and Time -- including ours --, to assert otherwise.

Now, -- many DO NOT KNOW THE FUTURE, but it's not for lack of GOD's trying, but simply laziness on their part:

Jremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things which you have not known.

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God told me...He obviously expects me to do something. He doesn't want me just to sit around and fret and pray...He expects action. And that's what I am always all about... doing something.

HE's told us, but were you LISTENING, were you SEEKING, and were you RESEARCHING?

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge ..

I suspect NOT!
Bobby Jo

R

Rita

Rather, we are called upon lovingly to trust. (Proverbs 3.5: "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding".)
Hmm not sure I entirely agree Farouk. The Lord wouldn’t have given us revelation if it were not to give us a glimpse of the future, however we can sometimes look into that glimpse through human eyes and get it wrong because we do not have Gods bigger prospective. I also believe in The Holy Spirit giving us personal insights at times. We need to seek Gods understanding, scripture does tell us to pray for wisdom. I totally agree about trusting xx
Rita

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... The Lord wouldn’t have given us revelation if it were not to give us a glimpse of the future, ...

AGREED! -- And to substantiate, if one considered the Rev. 13 Beast, one should find the Lion (associated with the Eagle in Dan. 7) as the U.K., depicted as the MOUTH because they have expertise in Science, Technology Trade, and Finance; the Leopard (actually a TIGER) as China, depicted as the BODY because they have the world's largest Population; and the Bear as Russia, depicted as the FEET because they have the world's greatest Land Mass, -- some 3M each for Canada, U.S., and China, but 8M for Russia.

Of course the Beast itself is the U.N., and the False Prophet as the a/c.

And we ARE some 29 months into the Tribulation, with some 13 months to go ...
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hmm not sure I entirely agree Farouk. The Lord wouldn’t have given us revelation if it were not to give us a glimpse of the future, however we can sometimes look into that glimpse through human eyes and get it wrong because we do not have Gods bigger prospective. I also believe in The Holy Spirit giving us personal insights at times. We need to seek Gods understanding, scripture does tell us to pray for wisdom. I totally agree about trusting xx
Rita
@Rita Oh yes I see what you mean. I was referring really to the idea of knowing in advance; and supposedly understanding everything before we believe. Like you say, trust is such an important faith principle.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we ARE some 29 months into the Tribulation, with some 13 months to go ...
Bobby Jo
That's date setting on a highly unlikely theological system.
There are many others that are more likely.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's date setting on a highly unlikely theological system.
There are many others that are more likely.
You don't know what you don't know. And apparently you aren't interested in knowing, -- otherwise you'd investigate! :)

So YOU must be the HAPPIEST guy I know, because IGNORANCE is BLISS!
Bobby Jo