if there be first a willing mind…it is not according to that which you have not (a body now dead).

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 8:11-12 Now therefore perform the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which you have. [12] For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man has, and not according to that he has not.

major I think.
So there may be a performance also out of that which he has.
Not according to that which he has not.

2 Corinthians speaks of a doing “to perform” or “readiness” out of that which you have. If “First” there be a “Willing Mind”. This makes me think of: seek you this “First” His Kingdom and His Righteousness: “Let this Mind be in you that was in Christ”.
But I love that 2 Corinthians doesn’t stop there but goes on to speak of it is “not according to that which you do not have”.

Is 2 Corinthians saying if there is First a Willing Mind: “to perform” is out from “what you do have” : a Willing Mind.
And NOT according to what you do not have? like Paul speaks of in Romans 7:18-25 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. [19] For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. [20] Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me. [21] I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. [22] For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: [23] But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. [24] O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? [25] I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 4:19-21 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, (not according to what he has not) when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sara's womb: [20] He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; [21] And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
Yes, indeed! Where then is our faith, as Abraham of old? Can we step out toward the Light based on seemingly impossible promises? What promises? Simply perhaps no more than this as Jesus spoke it...
Joh 17:8For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
Joh 17:9I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
Joh 17:10And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
Joh 17:11And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

• Love
Reactions: VictoryinJesus