if you had a choice between a tattoo girl you can fix or new fresh start what would you choose?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@2 Chr. 34:19 Oh, well, you actually were relatively speaking one of the pioneers, so to speak, since 40 years ago it was mainly the men still who had it done. Subsequently it has opened up hugely to women also; but 40 years ago not nearly so. Today in North America apparently statistics show that 59%-70% or more of parlor clients are female; which historically at least owes a lot to the pioneers who were first prepared to endure the pain. This at least is what it's like in North America; I don't know about the UK...

I guess also that if someone tries to use the Leviticus passage against tattoos, one could ask: Do preachers shave? (it also seems to say about not trimming beards.) If preachers do shave, then maybe they are admitting that they are New Testament believers with the Gospel as their rule of life, rather than Old Testament Jews in the land under the law.

My wife and talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure that other conversations have arisen as a result of her willingness to endure a parlor session for such a design. Historically, even hers owes - in a sense - a certain amount to the pioneer tattooed women who did it several decades back (although I'm not sure that yours is actually a faith-based design.)
No mine was a home made ridiculous idea, and I definitely wasnt a Christian...Don’t like them now of course-not just because of the Bible verse, they’re addictive, or the attention they attract is...piercings the same. I did it all for attention

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No mine was a home made ridiculous idea, and I definitely wasnt a Christian
@2Chr. 34:19 It's indeed the case that the general quality of tattoos has improved significantly over the decades. In fact, a good artist could probably do something about the quality of yours, if you were motivated. It's not unusual for ppl to go back to the parlor for a design to be touched up or altered. For example, a woman with an old tattoo of the name of a non-Christian ex-bf (e.g., "Bill') might well have strong motives to go back and have it altered from "Bill" to "Bible", etc., in order for her visible acquisition from years ago now more fully to reflect her Christian life.

It really does indeed depend on the individual. But I did see a quote from the Bible Belt which indicated just how widespread it is now among church ppl; I should dig it up.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
not just because of the Bible verse, they’re addictive, or the attention they attract is...piercings the same.
@2 Chr. 34:19 You must know of course your own history, but for instance the piercing that you mention, 1 or 2 in each ear now is still a conservative look. So are some modest tattoos; GodsGrace was right when she indicated
almost every young girl I know has some sort of tatoo.
Even those very conservative types.
But you as a veteran tattooed woman must know your own preferences, naturally. It's just that the younger ones who do it now are coming from an assumption that it's basically mainstream and Christians such as the young woman that my wife and I talked to with John 3.16 on her wrist area are choosing to use the medium as a proven effective tool within the culture that they are from.

(Here's the quote I mentioned: )

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

Now, decades on, it's what they do. Although still very much for the individual to decide.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would we approach him in a ‘Christian’ way?
?
1 Corinthians 3:15 If it is burned up, he will suffer loss ...
biblehub.com/1_corinthians/3-15.htm

save others by snatching them from the fire; and to still others, show mercy tempered with fear,

hating even the clothing stained by the flesh.