If you think that Jesus does not allow his followers to eat pork today and wish to wager on it, I am taking wagers here

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This OP is NOT about whether Jesus allows his followers to eat pork or not. I assume that you don't think so. This post is about wagering on what you believe.

Let proposition P1 = Jesus does not allow his followers to eat pork today.
P2 = Jesus does allow his followers to eat pork today.

Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions? The stronger your belief in a proposition, the higher the weight.

Are you willing to wager based on your weighting scheme?

This is not a lotto/gambling bet. This is a wager to mathematically and scientifically measure the strength of your belief. Put money where your mouth is. If you are interested in finding out the strength of your belief mathematically, then tell me those two weights. See Subjective (Bayesian) Probability.

You can say you are 100% sure the earth is flat. Words are cheap unless you are willing to wager on it.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This OP is NOT about whether Jesus allows his followers to eat pork or not. I assume that you don't think so. This post is about wagering on what you believe.

Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions? The stronger your belief in a proposition, the higher the weight.

This is not a lotto/gambling bet. This is a wager to mathematically and scientifically measure the strength of your belief. Put money where your mouth is. If you are interested in finding out the strength of your belief mathematically, then tell me those two weights. See Subjective (Bayesian) Probability.

You can say you are 100% sure the earth is flat. Words are cheap unless you are willing to wager on it.
I'm not willing to wager at all. But I would say positively that under the New Covenant Jesus has no interest in prohibiting the eating of pork. Pig meat has a distinctive flavor--sometimes a little too strong for me. But it adds taste, assuming it is cooked well enough. ;)

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can't think of anything to eat that is less healthy than bacon or sausage. I've stopped eating it.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not add drinking and smoking or all the vices, it all leads to destruction of our bodies...