II Peter 3:2-

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Markseasigh

Dec 4, 2012
II Peter 3:2-14
KJ Version

That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
Knowing this first, that there shall come int the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
And saying, Where is the promise of his coming?
for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness;
but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night;
in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness.
Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of them in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Enoch ch 1

Reflection of chapter one of Enoch in the Bible, Paralellisms

Never knew, but always believed the Book of Enoch was God breathed.
If John the Author of Revelations, Jude, and I,II,II John believed it was God breathed, than so do I...

Here it is.... I almost still don't believe it. John is Referencing the Book of Enoch the prophet.
The Seventh Patriarch from Adam. Enoch the one who Walked with God.
Guess he wrote this book

Jude 1:14-15

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

This phrase is only contained in the book of Enoch. It is his prophecy of a Far off judgement.
Not the one that will concern the Generation of Noah, But a Far off Generation.
Then the Prophet Enoch continues to prophesy about the Great Judgement which will befall the whole earth in a distant time.

Enoch 1:9

And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of His holy ones To execute judgement upon all, And to destroy all the ungodly: And to convict all flesh Of all the works of their ungodliness which they have ungodly committed, and of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.

This is the Verse which John the author of Jude was Referencing; He had the book available to him as a resource for inspiration for the writing of Jude.

: D a thank you for leading me to this truth.

Enoch 1:1-8

The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be living in the day of tribulation, when all the wicked and godless are to be removed.
And he took up his parable and said - Enoch a righteous man, whose eyes were opened by God, saw the vision of the Holy One in the heavens, which the angels showed me, and from them I heard everything, and from them I understood as I saw, But not for this generation, but for a remote one which is for to come.
Concerning the elect I said, and took up my parable concerning them:
The Holy Great One will come forth from His dwelling.
And the eternal God will tread upon the earth, even on Mount Sinai,
and appear from His camp,
And appear in the strength of His might from the heaven of heavens.
And all shall be smitten with fear,
And the Watchers shall quake,
And great fear and trembling shall seize them unto the ends of the earth.
And the high mountains shall be shaken,
And the high hills shall be made low,
And shall melt like wax before the flame
And the earth shall be wholly rent in sunder,
And all that is upon the earth shall perish,
And there shall be a judgement upon all men.
But with the righteous He will make peace,
And will protect the elect,
And mercy shall be upon them.
And they shall all belong to God,
And they shall be prospered,
And they shall all be blessed.
And He will help them all,
And light shall appear unto them,
and he will make peace with them.

II Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night;
in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Is a paralellism of Enoch

Enoch 1:6-7
And the high mountains shall be shaken,
And the high hills shall be made low,
And shall melt like wax before the flame
And the earth shall be wholly rent in sunder,
And all that is upon the earth shall perish,
And there shall be a judgement upon all men.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
ZebraHug said:
hahaha. Who's copying who? Sounds like whoever faked the book of Enoch was coyping stuff from the Bible. :p
I'm not convinced that the 4 books of Enoch are a fake. I actually think that there should be 77 books in the bible and not 66. But that will forever be an 'unknown.'

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God desired the book of Enoch to be included in cannon it would have been. Men are not sovereign over His holy writ, no matter how much one may doubt that fact, God is.

With that said there are definitely interesting parallels. The dating of the original manuscripts in question is a difficult task to say the least, but I would not go as far as to say the Book of Enoch (insert volume number) is God breathed.

Markseasigh

Dec 4, 2012
Not John like the Gospel of John, but John The author of I, II, III John, Jude, and Revelation was also named JOHN. He was another man. He was not alive during the time of Jesus.
should check out the authorship of the books of the new testament and old in a very broad and full study of each thought authorship.
John authenticates that the book was available for him to draw on that contained the phrase "ten thousands" of his holy ones from a document which was supposed to be written by ENOCH THE 7th Patriarch from Adam.

Jude 1:14

actually referenced the prophecy (written word of future events) as a cite for drawing spiritual God breathed material.
And that it IS INDEED THE prophecy of the seventh patriarch from adam three generations from the flood.

It talks of the time when Genesis 6:4 mentions of an occurrence a couple Generations before adam.
During the First Genealogy of the Bible Genesis ch 5

Where else did John read Enoch the seventh from Adams Prophecy. Good thing they said seventh from Adam or I'd be trying to get over the hill with you that this wasn't just some other Enoch and not the 7th Patriarch.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Gospel of John as I understand it...is the same John. He was taken prisoner [after the death of Jesus] on to the Island of Patmos where he saw and wrote the book of Revelation... :huh:

Shalom!!!

Markseasigh

Dec 4, 2012
Angelina said:
The Gospel of John as I understand it...is the same John. He was taken prisoner [after the death of Jesus] on to the Island of Patmos where he saw and wrote the book of Revelation... :huh:

Shalom!!!
I have just been infored that Jude actually is the one who wrote JUDE
I, II, and II John and Revelation were all written by the same John.
Are you sure that its the same author of I John and the Gospel of John?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Markseasigh said:
I have just been infored that Jude actually is the one who wrote JUDE
I, II, and II John and Revelation were all written by the same John.
Are you sure that its the same author of I John and the Gospel of John?
Yes, Apostle John is the author of I, II, III John, the Gospel of John and Revelation, unless we include our Heavenly Father and His Son, Which is the real Author.