I'm a Christian and I support the legality of same-sex marriage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Canon closed lol
What you are proposing is a static dead religion and God does not have the authority to do anything without your approval.
No, rather want to have a Christianity that does not bow down to any novel teaching or doctrines that tries to come in!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans Chapter one and the start of 2 explains why homosexuality is so wrong and harmful...
The cliff notes version is that some people have been rejected by the laws of nature to not be allowed to procreate... the reason being Moral turpitude. Where that may be normally used in a legal context Blacks Law Dictionary explains how our laws are based on religious morals to begin with.

I am also not a fan of how this law was enacted. It was done by a law generated solely by the courts...an adjudicating branch of the Government. The courts are not the legislative branch of Government...
Likewise sentencing guidelines should also be ruled unconditional...
A little more impeachment of the Judiciary by Congress and a repeal of all sentencing guidelines and then the Government can actually function like they are supposed to.

As the way things currently stand people are wanting to teach gradeschool children all about the joys of transvestites and sex change operations.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, rather want to have a Christianity that does not bow down to any novel teaching or doctrines that tries to come in!
Believe it or not the Bible was novel teaching....you just believe Christianity stopped at the end of it.

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans Chapter one and the start of 2 explains why homosexuality is so wrong and harmful...
The cliff notes version is that some people have been rejected by the laws of nature to not be allowed to procreate... the reason being Moral turpitude. Where that may be normally used in a legal context Blacks Law Dictionary explains how our laws are based on religious morals to begin with.

I am also not a fan of how this law was enacted. It was done by a law generated solely by the courts...an adjudicating branch of the Government. The courts are not the legislative branch of Government...
Likewise sentencing guidelines should also be ruled unconditional...
A little more impeachment of the Judiciary by Congress and a repeal of all sentencing guidelines and then the Government can actually function like they are supposed to.

As the way things currently stand people are wanting to teach gradeschool children all about the joys of transvestites and sex change operations.
Abortion and same sex marriages should have never gone to SC, as those would be under our Constitution to be handled at the state levels!

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abortion and same sex marriages should have never gone to SC, as those would be under our Constitution to be handled at the state levels!
Exactly!
But also Judges need to be the ones who decide sentences...not congress

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But a little more impeachment and judicial review...all that will end.
This has been going on for longer than I have been alive. The judges protect each other as much as they can get by with! It's my understanding they have absolute immunity.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has been going on for longer than I have been alive. The judges protect each other as much as they can get by with! It's my understanding they have absolute immunity.
There's a remedy built in by the constitution.
Impeachment by legislative branch...but they have never done it. (They have concerned themselves with impeaching presidents instead of the Judges for clear overreaching)
And they need to...if only for demonstrative purposes.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a remedy built in by the constitution.
Impeachment by legislative branch...but they have never done it. (They have concerned themselves with impeaching presidents instead of the Judges for clear overreaching)
And they need to...if only for demonstrative purposes.
The only remedy is the return of Jesus.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know, as once held to it!

Well Escahtology is a great issue to debate because most of it is still future so many come and go and try to say they have had sepcial revelation from God and know what this or that or what time frame etc. But in the big scheme of things, while I am a biblical teacher and crave to know sound doctrine and study many opinions, eschatology is a minor manner.

Even those who reject a rapture or pre trib rapture will be caught up when the trumpet sounds. It is not perfect doctrine, but the blood of Jesus that will cause us to go and wed our Savior in heaven.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like a "church of one"

Correct! there is one faith, one hope, one body and one church. It is not a denomination but true followers of Jesus within all denominations.

Canon closed lol
What you are proposing is a static dead religion and God does not have the authority to do anything without your approval.

That would be very incorrect. But your answer is the typical answer from many I have discussed with over the years seeking to justify things the Bible has forbidden.

The Lord doesn't change! I will give one example.

The Bible declares there is only one mediator between God and man. THE RC Church has pronounced Mary as official CO-- Mediatrix. Either the RC is wrong or The Bible is wrong. Which one do you say is wrong?

Besides, every church you listed in who you fellowship with all have declared the canon closed. You made a mocking statement of "church of one", Me thinks it is you who is a church of one.

Name the sin? Among women the most blessed and favored.

Name on sin John the Baptist committed. Or the Apostle JOhn. Prove one sin I have committed. Just because the Bible doesn't list everyones sins, doesn't mean they are n't sinners.

AS it is written:

Romans 3:10
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Don't see any exceptions here. And after all Jesus said not one jot or tittle shall pass from the Word! It doesn't say anywhere except for Mary who committed no sons and doesn't need a savior from her sins.

Luke 1:45-47
King James Version

45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Even Mary recognized she needed a Savior! Too bad so many millions have been deceived into thinking she committed no sin and thus needs no saving from sin.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct! there is one faith, one hope, one body and one church. It is not a denomination but true followers of Jesus within all denominations.

That would be very incorrect. But your answer is the typical answer from many I have discussed with over the years seeking to justify things the Bible has forbidden.

The Bible declares there is only one mediator between God and man. THE RC Church has pronounced Mary as official CO-- Mediatrix. Either the RC is wrong or The Bible is wrong. Which one do you say is wrong?

Besides, every church you listed in who you fellowship with all have declared the canon closed. You made a mocking statement of "church of one", Me thinks it is you who is a church of one.

Name on sin John the Baptist committed. Or the Apostle JOhn. Prove one sin I have committed. Just because the Bible doesn't list everyones sins, doesn't mean they are n't sinners.

AS it is written:

Don't see any exceptions here. And after all Jesus said not one jot or tittle shall pass from the Word! It doesn't say anywhere except for Mary who committed no sons and doesn't need a savior from her sins.

King James Version

45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Even Mary recognized she needed a Savior! Too bad so many millions have been deceived into thinking she committed no sin and thus needs no saving from sin.

Again I am going to point out that this thread is for same sex marriages.
Grailhunter said:
Sounds like a "church of one"

Ok then, Catholics are true followers of Jesus....

Grailhunter said: Canon closed lol What you are proposing is a static dead religion and God does not have the authority to do anything without your approval.

Ok here we go...
The Lord doesn't change! = Static He can only change upon your authority.
The Bible declares there is only one mediator between God and man. = Static
Either the RC is wrong or The Bible is wrong. --> The New Testament documents the first 65 years of God's interaction with mankind in the New Covenant. For the next 2000 years or so there were many things that God gave instructions to men and women. No one gagged God. No one could gag God. God was not gagged. He did not retire. God used Mary in many ways.

every church you listed in who you fellowship with all have declared the canon closed.

Trust me when I tell you the Protestants were not around when the canon was chosen or affirmed. They mostly adopted the canon from the Ecumenical Councils....the Catholics.

You made a mocking statement of "church of one"

Not as mocking as you might think. Church of one is a loose term for those that are not part of any denomination and are free to formulate any theology they wish. They do not look for acceptance by anybody and many have divine communications that others would not agree with. By definition they are free to believe as they wish. But when I reference them, beyond all that, their beliefs only spans their lifetimes.

Grailhunter said: Name the sin? Among women the most blessed and favored.

AS it is written:

Don't see any exceptions here....That is because you do not read the scriptures or you would see.

The whole nobody is righteous thing is out of context. The rest of those quotes says no one is righteous, no one understands, they are useless, etc. He is quoting an OT source. Do you think this applies to Christians? Your assertion here is Bible only? Well you need to know the Bible a little better if you are going to make that argument. So far just about every word you say is wrong!

No one is righteous on their own, but Faith in God and Christ makes us righteous, Mary definitely had faith….because she knew God the Father. Name her sin.

Genesis 15:6
Then he believed in the Lord; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

Romans 4:3
For what does the Scripture say? "ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS."

2nd Corinthians 5:21
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Romans 1:17
For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”

Romans 3:22
Even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

Romans 4:5
But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness,

Romans 4:13
For the promise, to Abraham or to his descendants that he would be heir of the world was not through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Romans 5:19
For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be make righteous.

Matthew 25:46
And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Matthew 13:17
For truly I say to you, that many prophets and righteous men desire to see what you see, and did not see it…..

Matthew 21:32
For John came unto you in the way of righteousness…

And then John the Baptist’s parents
Luke 1:5-6
In the days of Herod, king of Judea, there was a priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abijah; and he had a wife from the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth. They were both righteous in the sight of God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and requirements of the Lord.

Etc etc and there is more.
So again name one sin that Mary committed.

King James Version the most error ridden translation in print
46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, 47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

So again name her sin.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trust me when I tell you the Protestants were not around when the canon was chosen or affirmed. They mostly adopted the canon from the Ecumenical Councils....the Catholics.

The Roman Catholic church had not been born yet.

The catholic (small c) was being formed by bringing all the varied branches of believers under one roof!

So again name her sin.

When you name John the Baptists sin.

Etc etc and there is more.
So again name one sin that Mary committed.

I wasn't there so I can't tell you! But either the RC church is correct or Gods Inspired Word is correct when it says that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of god! Choose which one you wish to believe!

The whole nobody is righteous thing is out of context. The rest of those quotes says no one is righteous, no one understands, they are useless, etc. He is quoting an OT source. Do you think this applies to Christians? Your assertion here is Bible only? Well you need to know the Bible a little better if you are going to make that argument. So far just about every word you say is wrong!

No one is righteous on their own, but Faith in God and Christ makes us righteous, Mary definitely had faith….because she knew God the Father. Name her sin.

Well I have faith in Christ so that makes me righteous. Name my sin.

Ok here we go...
The Lord doesn't change! = Static He can only change upon your authority.
The Bible declares there is only one mediator between God and man. = Static
Either the RC is wrong or The Bible is wrong. --> The New Testament documents the first 65 years of God's interaction with mankind in the New Covenant. For the next 2000 years or so there were many things that God gave instructions to men and women. No one gagged God. No one could gag God. God was not gagged. He did not retire. God used Mary in many ways.

I agree God still speaks! But any vision, apparition, dream of word of knowledge must be tested against the Inspired Word of God! If it is in disagreement with Gods Word, then that vision, dream, apparition or word of knowledge is not from God! All the apparitions of Mary and all her pronouncements and all the Titles bestowed on Mary by the RC church are not of God! Prove they are!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok then, Catholics are true followers of Jesus....

The ones that are trusing in teh death and physical resurrection of Jesus for their salvation alone are!

Yes it does. Remember what Paul said:

2 Timothy 3:16-17
King James Version

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Well you seem to love making accusations I am wrong- but then write ) to counter the bible I quote! Do you wish to compare Bible knowledge???

King James Version the most error ridden translation in print

Well we shall await you validating your hypothesis here with some verifiable facts. Otherwise it is just more BLAH BLAH BLAH form you.