I'm Dying

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(thesuperjag;51572)
Yes...name 3. THREE. Denotes completeness, as three lines complete a plane figure. Hence, three is significant of Divine perfection and completeness. The third day completes the fundamentals of creation-work. The fourth, fifth, and sixth days are the counterpart and repetition of the first, second, and third, and correspond respectively. (See the structure of Gen. 1, p. 3.) The number, three, includes resurrection also; for on the third day the earth rose up out of the deep, and the fruit rose up out of the earth. Spiirituality in Numbers
...I was just talking about LGF, You, and I but that is even better!!
smile.gif

Rudy

Mar 20, 2008
Eastern United States
(Letsgofishing;51072)
I want to thank all of you ....Rudy- You found the perfect scripture, I mean just perfect. I want to thank you for that and all of the advice you gave after it...Ryan FitzP.S- one question, can you possibly throw me some tips on how to truly repent, every time I try I fail, like I'm only turning halfway to God and not fully. Thank You
I'm very glad to have helped you, LGF. It's interesting that I had just read that Scripture that morning. (Coincidence? I don't think so!
smile.gif
) As far as repentance, it means simply to turn around from the path you are on to choose a different one -- to change your direction. It isn't anything hard, and part of repentance is what I mentioned to you before, staying away from sin (reread my reply if you need to). If you keep at it and ask God for His guidance and help, you CAN do it! There is nothing too hard for you when God is on your side!
wink.gif
You said that every time that you try to repent, you fail and it seems like you are only trying half-way -- here is a paraphrase of something that my pastor once said: "Those who have failed have quit trying; those who have quit have failed." You see, you only fail when you quit trying; if you keep trying, you haven't failed yet! God knows your heart, and He sees if you are REALLY trying or not. So if I were you, I would just keep trying with all the strength you have, even if it only feels like you have a little strength. Just don't quit! God will honor that, because that is what He is looking for -- sincere people who are willing to do whatever it takes to serve Him.One other thing: There are no "magic" tips to repentance. All that is required of you is to believe in Jesus with your WHOLE heart, because if you TRULY believe something, your actions will follow that belief. Some think that you believe and that's it, but if you don't change your lifestyle, what do you really believe? (I hope I'm making sense.) Anyway, hang in there! I hope this helps. Feel free to PM me any time, or post a reply and I will do my best to help you out. God bless,Rudy