I'm sorry I'm leaving.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry T

Jul 27, 2007
Whoa!!! Let's get back to reality here!I think we are confusing Doctrine and denomination.Doctrine is the basic, Biblical, discription of the Plan of Salvation and the nature of God. If the church fellowship is of Christ, this will be part of their statement of faith.Denomination is the different way the Bible message is inturpreted by true Christians. It usually is illustrated in style of Worship. Nazarines, Anglicans, Baptists, Evangelicals, are mostly Christ based. This is where you check out their statement of faith.Wakka, I'm inclined to agree with you, there is some real haywire philosophy being espoused here, under the mantle of "Christianity", I would suggest you hang around and remember the Bereans!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Garry, there is no confusion here about doctrine and denomination. Neither one is any better than the other when they are false. There is a doctrine of Ba'al, false doctrine, fake doctrine and of course the truth in Christ's doctrine.II John 1:9-10
Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
Revelation 2:14-15
But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.
Anyway, this thread has gone far enough off topic and Wakka will be around a little longer it looks. Feel free to start a new thread Wakka if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.