Im studying deeper you might call it...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

poetboy

Jul 2, 2007
http://english.islamway.com/flashpage.php?...h=780&hight=400this is just a flash document i was watching, because I'm re-asserting myself, and where I stand with God (as i assume we must do everyday). God says, study the book (bible, faith), to approve yourself worthy of him, and whatnot. I forgot the exact verse. I think Paul said it. "to shew thyself approved". And so we must not just follow blind faith (oh I'm a christian) but to actually study our faith. In fact, Paul was happy that the message he sent on one of his missionary trips were actually being studied to see if it was true by one of the cities he went to.But anyway, I'm considering the ways of Islam, and comparing and contrasting the differences between our beliefs and Muslim beliefs. I'm a christian and will stay a christian, but I thought it might be insightful to show this for any of those also wondering. Sure there are many sites and books to read, this is just something i found online. very simple.And it leads me to many questions. I don't believe in the whole praising Muhammed thing, but my "big" question now is, lol, well.. trying to understand the trinity.I guess this post should be titled "trying to understand the trinity". I cant believe i'm asking this, but how exactly is Jesus, God and Human at the same time?-- Because he's God and no one can understand him? Because his ways are not our ways...? well... all insights are welcome. thanx for reading.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When someone asks this question about the trinity, I go to the word Godhead, which not coincidentally, appears three times in the New Testament.Acts 17:29
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
Romans 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
The Him Colossians 2:9 refers to is Christ, as seen in context from verse eight. Godhead does the best job for me because it underlines that the three are one. Understanding the Godhead is understanding that you're dealing with an all-powerful being that doesn't have necessarily a form. He's not limited to a body like ours, though he can (and has) assumed that role as well. However, heaven was not void of God when Christ was on Earth.The best non-Biblical analogy I've heard invoked is that there are three offices: God (the CEO), Christ (the Savior), and the Holy Spirit (the comforter). All are an office of management, so on Earth the various offices would make up company management. However, despite different roles, they're all the same company. In God's case, they're all manifestations of the Lord in various roles.

poetboy

Jul 2, 2007
(Denver;58929)
When someone asks this question about the trinity, I go to the word Godhead, which not coincidentally, appears three times in the New Testament.Acts 17:29Romans 1:20Colossians 2:9The Him Colossians 2:9 refers to is Christ, as seen in context from verse eight. Godhead does the best job for me because it underlines that the three are one. Understanding the Godhead is understanding that you're dealing with an all-powerful being that doesn't have necessarily a form. He's not limited to a body like ours, though he can (and has) assumed that role as well. However, heaven was not void of God when Christ was on Earth.The best non-Biblical analogy I've heard invoked is that there are three offices: God (the CEO), Christ (the Savior), and the Holy Spirit (the comforter). All are an office of management, so on Earth the various offices would make up company management. However, despite different roles, they're all the same company. In God's case, they're all manifestations of the Lord in various roles.
Thank you Denver, your knowledge is kind and auspicious in my view. (new word hehe!).Actually, the verse that caught my eye the most was the one you didn't mention: it shall be my memory verse for a long time. I haven't reached that part in the bible yet, but i will very soon. The verse is Colossians 2:8. Maybe I was upon the path of deception.Thanks for your support, but however, I will continue searching for answers and different opinions on this matter to strengthen my faith. Does not the word say, great tribulation makes great men? well not in those words exactly.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I'll state why I believe in Christ over any other religious belief (besides His Spirit giving me the faith). In the case of Islam, or any other major religion, I can point to the founder's grave and its there yet. Either that, or they don't know who founded their faith.In Christianity, we have a concrete historical figure, the bible predicted Him, and there's no body in the grave (and no way could anyone have stolen it, either). Now logically who am I to follow? A dead stinkin' leader, or one who resurrected? And if He resurrected, then we should believe what He said, and that includes all of the Bible which he endorsed.Actually, I find that choice rather logical in spite of the fact that the Bible says that one can only believe by His Spirit--- but it does have its logical basis in spite of what skeptics say otherwise (sorry, I'm not into following corpses because their belief got them nowhere).

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, the verse that caught my eye the most was the one you didn't mention: it shall be my memory verse for a long time. I haven't reached that part in the bible yet, but i will very soon. The verse is Colossians 2:8. Maybe I was upon the path of deception.
Well that's why it's good to always go to the Word. Sometimes when you ask for help, if folks will just let God work through them and speak, he will. I almost didn't even mention Colossians 2:8, but something said stick it in there to qualify verse nine.Always check things out in the Bible, but don't be afraid to ask for help. A good student of his Word can help steer you far better by just directing you to the right places. I don't mean to say that as a pat on my back, merely that the Word is where we all should go.

jtartar

Mar 14, 2008
(poetboy;58923)
http://english.islamway.com/flashpage.php?...h=780&hight=400this is just a flash document i was watching, because I'm re-asserting myself, and where I stand with God (as i assume we must do everyday). God says, study the book (bible, faith), to approve yourself worthy of him, and whatnot. I forgot the exact verse. I think Paul said it. "to shew thyself approved". And so we must not just follow blind faith (oh I'm a christian) but to actually study our faith. In fact, Paul was happy that the message he sent on one of his missionary trips were actually being studied to see if it was true by one of the cities he went to.But anyway, I'm considering the ways of Islam, and comparing and contrasting the differences between our beliefs and Muslim beliefs. I'm a christian and will stay a christian, but I thought it might be insightful to show this for any of those also wondering. Sure there are many sites and books to read, this is just something i found online. very simple.And it leads me to many questions. I don't believe in the whole praising Muhammed thing, but my "big" question now is, lol, well.. trying to understand the trinity.I guess this post should be titled "trying to understand the trinity". I cant believe i'm asking this, but how exactly is Jesus, God and Human at the same time?-- Because he's God and no one can understand him? Because his ways are not our ways...? well... all insights are welcome. thanx for reading.
poetboy, There is a term called ANTEPREDICAMENT, which means both people who are discussing a doctrine must understand exactly what the term means. The term Trinity is understood differently by many people. The only way to discuss this is to understand what the official meaning is. The official meaning is that the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are all Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent, of the same length of life, know the same things. I will point out a few scriprures for you to consider whether these are true or not. John 14:28, 20:17, Matt 3:17, Mark 9:7, John 12:28, Matt 20:23, 24:36, Col 1:15,Rev 3:14, Pro 22:8-31, Acts 3:13,27,30, Luke 18:18,19, Deut 6:4, Mark 12:29,32, Gal 3:20, John 17:3, 1Cor 8:4-6, John 5:22, Dan 7:13,14, Rev 5:6,7, Acts 2:32,33,36, Phil 2:9-11, Heb 1:1-3, 2:9,10, 14,17, 5:7-10, Matt 12:31,32, 26:39,42,44. Please reason on these scriptures.