In Reference To CyBs Statement of Faith - Christian Forum

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that your doctrinal statement is broad enough to include those who are not from traditional protestant denominations that have "believed and received" and sharp enough to distinguish between professing "Christian" and those cults attempting to gain acceptance as Christian. Its certainly less aggressive than the Westminster confession, but seems valid enough to me. Thank you for taking the time to provide the statement and uplifting the person of our Lord Jesus Christ in the process.

Reactions: THE Gypsy

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It was composed by human authors under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the primary source for Christians beliefs, practices, and doctrines.
Dare I ask for an apostrophe:

"It is the primary source for Christians' beliefs..."

Alternatively you could write: "It is the primary source for Christian beliefs..."

A good enough statement in all. Well done.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
The only things I wish could be added is "the baptism of the Holy Spirit". But I understand that not all Christians believe in it or have experienced it. So that is just my little 2 cents!LOL!

Reactions: lesjude

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
all we have to do is read the 7 churches in revelation to see the huge diversity within the church even in the early days .... modern christians can be the most inflexible people on the face of the earth if we do not think and act like them and attend thier own same little church denomination or something. shame on us sometimes. if we all ahve Christ in common we have everything. our petty diferences should not be forced on anyone else.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the churches as seven that would unravel through time...

1. Ephesus - Apostolic
2. Smyrna - Martyrs - Ten days equals ten persecutions
3. Pergamos - Orthodox - Root word is a fortified structure, needed for the dark ages
4. Thyatira - Catholic - The spirit of Jezebel is to kill, control, and to dominate
5. Sardis - Sardius is a gem - Elegant and hard. Protestantism - Doctrine in the head... Little in the heart (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sardius)
6. Philadelphia - Brothery Love - Methodist / Pentecostal - Sainctification ought to come with love and warmth.
7. Laodicea - Rich and increased with goods and has need of nothing?

Obviously there are issues amongst our churches that have not been reconciled (as Hammerstone stated). If we were to ever reconcile them there would be only one church... And what would that church be... Apostolic? Orthodox? Catholic? Protestant? Methodist / Pentecostal? Charismatic? Some new kind of independent brand? Would we all accept the same way of being baptized? Partaking of communion? Would we all agree on the same conditions on receiving the Holy Spirit? With love? With the speaking of tongues? With acceptances of doctrines of faith? Would we all agree on the order of service and what kind of worship music to play?

No... These differences are irreconcilable. They must wait until Christ returns to make us all one. I find out that there are also differences among the individual churches that are irreconcilable. Some worship with orchestras, others with piano and organ, others with guitars and drums. Post-Pre-Mid Trib? Tribulation already happened? Hmmmm....

And... I find beauty in all the churches, not just one. There is a glory to the Orthodox, the Catholic, the Protestant, the Methodist / Pentecostal, and the Charismatic. I kind of wish that I were a member of all of them, I just don't think any particular movement has the corner on the whole kingdom of God.

Reactions: Angelina

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
It is my opinion that in modern day we often find fault with "other denominations" .... for one simple reason.

We are proclaiming that we are ...... "not like them" .... and .... "we are better than them"

It is a religious boast ..... and we do it to cover up our own failures and insecurities.

Simple as that.

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
lesjude said:
Salvation is by grace through FAITH. Righteousness is NEVER imputed to anyone apart from faith. Saving faith acts by finding out how the Bible says to live and then submits to the Holy Spirit training to walk in Bible faith, holiness and the death of the self life.
Any branch of Christianity that does not have the Biblical means of salvation correct cannot be considered Christian i.e. the Roman Catholic church.
The Catechism of the (Roman) Catholic Church states (ppg.1087) "The grace of the Holy Spirit has the power to justify us, that is, to cleanse us from our sins and to communicate to us "the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ" " and (ppg. 1996) "Our justification comes from the grace of God."

That sounds a whole lot like "saved by grace through faith."

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe clarity is needed on this part of the statement of faith mainly because some believers may see that being co-equal means the Father's will does not have dominance or authority in all things. This is not to say that the Son & the Holy Spirit are not God, but to identify the distinctive personalities within the One God when the Son is submissive to the Father's will just as the Holy Spirit is submissive to the Father & the Son in ministry in doing the Father's will. So co-equality does not necessarily mean that the Father is not in complete authority when He is. Co-equality is designating the Three Witnesses within the One God as being the One God.

HammerStone said:
We believe that God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe. We attest that God has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. (Genesis 1:1, 26-27, Genesis 3:22, Deuteronomy 6:4, Psalm 90:2, John 1:1, John 10:30, Romans 3:30, II Corinthians 13:14, I Peter 1:2)

We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a completely sinless human life and offered himself freely on the cross as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all, according to God’s plan revealed from the beginning. After three days, Jesus arose from the dead to demonstrate his power over death. He ascended to heaven to await his future return as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Genesis 3:15, Isaiah 9:6-7, Matthew 1:22-25, John 1:1-5, John 14:10-30, Acts 1:9-11, Romans 1:3-4, I Corinthians 15:3-4, I Timothy 6:14-15, Titus 2:3, Hebrews 4:14-15)

We believe that the Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and Son (Jesus). He is present in this world as an intercessor to make men and women aware of their need for Jesus the Christ. The Holy Spirit resides in every believer from the moment of salvation. He empowers the Christian with strength for living, understanding the truth, witnessing to others, and in doing what is right. (John 14:16-17, John 16:7-13, Acts 1:8, I Corinthians 2:12, I Corinthians 3:16, II Corinthians 3:17, Galatians 5:16-25, Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 5:18-21)
The following quote below is leaving out the creation of the first marriage of what marriage is when God created man & woman. If ever there was a match made in Heaven, it was Adam & Eve right off the bat, signifying the origin of marriage. Just a side bar note of truth.

We believe that man and woman are made in the image of God (Imago Dei). He and she are God’s greatest creation. Man and woman were originally designed by God to have fellowship with God, but man and woman became alienated because of disobedience. All human beings are born with a sinful nature and make the choice to sin against God. Humans are incapable of a right relationship with God through their own ability. (Genesis 1:26-27, Psalm 8:3-6, Isaiah 53:6, Isaiah 59:2, Romans 3:23, Colossians 1:21)
The following quote below is in need of clarity since not all Bibles are saying the same thing. I could say rely on the King James Bible and the Good Shepherd for the meat of His words in discerning good and evil by that Bible rather than relying on man to help you understand in these modern Bibles that are supposedly being generated to be easier to read & understand than the King James Bible.

We believe the Bible (composed of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, I Samuel, II Samuel, 1 Kings, II Kings, I Chronicles, II Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, I Corinthians, II Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Phillippians, Colossians, I Thessalonians, II Thessalonians, I Timothy, II Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, I Peter, II Peter, I John, II John, III John, Jude and Revelation) is the inspired and infallible Word of God to all men and women. It was composed by human authors under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the primary source for Christian beliefs, practices, and doctrines. (Psalm 12:6, Psalm 119:105, Psalm 119:160, Proverbs 30:5, II Timothy 1:13, II Timothy 3:16-17, II Peter 1:20-21)
The following quote is the core christian belief which afterwards many believers confuse discipleship with as being the means of salvation or the proof of salvation which then it is not of grace through faith.

Core christian belief of salvation by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ.

We believe that salvation is a gift from God to humanity. Men and women can never make up for their own sin by self-improvement or good works. Men and women may only be saved from their sin and its penalty by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness. Christians are justified by grace from God through Jesus alone. Eternal life begins the moment in which one believes and confesses Jesus Christ into his or her life by faith. (John 1:12, John 14:6, Romans 5:1, Romans 6:23, Galatians 3:26, Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5)
And whethor or not this following quote is also drawing the line with professing believers living in sin as not saved or not, you decide.

We believe that men and women were created to exist forever. He either will become eternally separated from God by sin, or in union with God through forgiveness and salvation. We recognize that these realities are named as heaven and hell. Eternal separation from God occurs in hell. Eternal union with God occurs in heaven. (John 3:16, Romans 6:23, I John 2:25 I John 5:11-13, Revelation 20:15)
I believe God will judge His House first at the pre trib rapture event which will find many believers not abiding in Him in being ready by Him to be received by Him as vessels unto honour in His House for the Marriage Supper, and thus become castaways ( 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 & Hebrews 12th chapter & Luke 12:40-49 & 2 Timothy 2:19-21 ) to be received later on as vessels unto dishonour in His House after the great tribulation. This is why Jesus keeps warning His disciples to be ready because not all professing believers will be as those left behind will receive stripes, BUT they are still called His servants. ( John 6:38-40 ) Salvation is a free gift but running that race is for the high prize of our calling to "obtain" the "eternal glory" that comes WITH our salvation and that is to be a vessel unto honour in His House to attend the Marriage Supper held in His honour as we shall be wearing the crowns of His crowning achievements in us in Heaven for Whom all glory, honour, praise, and thanksgiving shall be given to Him & to the Father by Him.

The following quote should be left out as a statement of faith until you & the staff actually took the time in proving them in another thread in all respect so that you can show every one that you did affirm those creeds as clarity will also be needed on which Nicene creed you are affirming.

We believe in and affirm the historic Christian confessions of the faith, the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed.
Now is that the Nicene creed of 325 A.D. or the one from 381 A.D.?

I can guarantee you that you will find on the internet a list of scriptural reference going with each line of the Nicene creed of 381 A.D. BUT if you actually took the time to look each of those references up for supposedly supporting that line in that Nicene creed, you will find that some of them are not doing so at all. I do not care if it is poor research by whomsoever put that scriptural reference for that line, it is deceptive.

Two errors stands out. There is no scriptural reference for teaching worshipping the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son. There is none. However, there are scriptural reference refuting that practise since the Holy Spirit, Whom is God, is sent to lead us to honour the Father by honouring the Son ( John 5:22-23 ) as we will be judged by this standard in fellowship, worship, and prayer ( since the only way God is glorified is on the Son ( John 13:31-32 ) and God the Father is glorified when the Son of God, Jesus, Whose name is above every other name is glorified which is what Paul was talking about in obeying in his absence ( Philippians 2:5-13 ) since our confidence is in the Son to finish His work in us ( Philippians 1:6-11 ) and that is how we work out our salvation because it is God working in us; not we ourselves ( Psalm 100:3 ) by any means of the religious flesh that men can boast in like trying to keep promises to God or commitments to follow Christ ( Psalm 118:8 ). We either live by faith in the Son of God in us & all His promises to us or we are not living by faith in Him as His disciples.

Again, the Holy Spirit is sent to lead us to honour & glorify the Son & by Him, God the Fatehr as well, by not speaking of the Holy Spirit in seeking the glory of the Holy Spirit because He is sent to testify of the Son ( John 15:26 ), to glorify the Son ( John 16:14 ) and thus those led by the Spirit of God will be doing the exact same thing ( John 15:26-27 ) so that in our worship couples with the likeminded testimony of the Holy Spirit will be true in worship ( John 8:17 ). Thereis no other way to honour nor glorify God the Father by except by way of the Son as led by the Spirit of God to do as scriptures confirm.

The way is narrow because Jesus said that He is the only way any one can come to God the Father in anything as all invitations points to coming to the Son in coming to God the Father and His invitations still points to coming to the Son and NOT to the Holy Spirit so that no seducing spirits will come inbetween us and the Bridegroom. The Son of God is really the only way we can come to God the Father. That is how one honours the Father when we honour the Son and His words in dictating the Father's will in coming to Him.

And so if any believer wants others to prove all things by Him, then they hae to lead by example, using the KJV to do it because the other error is designating the Spirit as the "Giver of life" when all Bibles testify to the Son as being the bread of life that gives life to teh world, ( John 6:33-35 ) whereas some modern Bibles will capitalize "spirit" as meaning the Holy Spirit as giving life in 2 Corinthians 3:6 & John 6:63 which is not the truth. The Spirit is "life" ( Romans 8:10 ) so that when Jesus baptizes us with the Holy Spirit at salvation, Jesus is giving us life at the same time. So scripture points to coming to Jesus for life ( John 5:39-40 ) and that is how we know the Nicene creed and the errant modern Bible version is wrong in opposing the role of the Holy Spirit's and the will of the Father in giving that credit of the "Giver of life" to the Holy Spirit when the honour & the glory of God the Father is on the Son in being the Giver of life.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lesjude said:
The Bible calls denominations carnal Christianity.
I believe Paul was addressing identifying oneself by being a follower of a person, rather than a church. The carnality was being different followers within that one church they were all assembling in. Kind of like clicks or social groups in high schools.

There has to be some division when believers are not speaking the same thing, nor having the same judgment which is a point of contentions that the assembly should be working on in being in full agreement to have a fellowship with the Father & the Son.

1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. 10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. 18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;.....14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mungo said:
My problem is not with the cut down Bible but this:

"We believe the Bible ....... is the primary source for Christians beliefs, practices, and doctrines. "

So Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul; and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. For a whole year they met with the church, and taught a large company of people; and in Antioch the disciples were for the first time called Christians. (Acts 11:25-26)

These people in Antioch who were Christians - was the primary source of their beliefs, practices and doctrines
1. The apostles
2. The Bible (hint not one word of the NT had been written at this point).

At what point did this “closed hand” belief come into Christianity?

Was it
1. In the 16th century
2. From the beginning (before the NT was written).
A whole lot sooner than that, brother.

Acts 15:13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me: 14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. 15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, 16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: 17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things. 18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world. 19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: 20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. 21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day. 22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren: 23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.

You may want to reconsider that point of view since obviously, they were having the scriptures with them while writing epistles to the churches.

2 Timothy 4:13The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.

How soon did the codex come about? By the practise set in Acts, not that long even though more than likely, those codexes were worn out from use. So just because one finds a codex that survived later on in hitsoyr, it does not mean there were no earlier ones worn out from usage.

Colossians 4:16And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.

1 Thessalonians 5:27I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

Editted added: I see that Axehead had already addressed your point of view in his reply in post #16. Hopefully , God had caused the increase for you to receive that & this edification in Christ's love.

Proverbs 27: 17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HammerStone said:
Christianity Board Statement of Faith
Christianity Board (CyB) acknowledges that the nature of a forum community dictates that its members will hold a diverse range of beliefs within the Christian faith. In addition to this, we recognize that all Christians are a work in progress (Ephesians 4:13), and therefore we each are at different locations in our walk with Jesus at any given time. However, this diversity does not mean that we must sacrifice essential truths of living as a follower of Jesus Christ.

We believe in and affirm the historic Christian confessions of the faith, the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed.

Concluding Remarks
We believe the above to attest to the very nature of Christianity. However, we do recognize that our brothers and sisters of other decidedly Christian faiths may have variations in their denominations and traditions. We affirm that the Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church are Christian, although there may be differences of opinion, doctrine, and tradition.

We believe Christianity Board to be a place where members can find faith, fellowship, and a focus on Jesus Christ as Savior. Soli Deo gloria.
Dear Brother HammerStone,

Can you please show the work of affirmation that the Nicene creed of 381 A.D. is actually every line as being Biblical in another thread?

If you are interested in drawing interests into the forum, do what other christian forums will not do and that is actually show the scripture given by those scriptural references to actually affirm them that supposedly supports each line in the Nicene creed of 381 A.D.

No other forum will do it. They will only list the scriptural reference and say "done" without actually showing the scripture to see that they really do not affirm them after all because not every scriptural reference given supports each line in the Nicene creed of 381 A.D.

Also... stick to one Bible; I would prefer the KJV only because the NIV capitalize "spirit" when it should not have like in 2 Corinthians 3:6 & John 6:63 because all Bibles... all of them.. testify to Jesus as the bread of life that gives life to the world and therefore it is the Son that gives life; not the Holy Spirit because the Spirit is life so that when we receive the Holy Spirit from Jesus, we are receiving eternal life. All scriptures points to Jesus to come to for life John 5:39-40 and so He is the Giver of life; not the Holy Spirit.

And that listed scriptural reference for the practise of worshipping the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son does not validate that line in the Nicene creed at all. Yes, the Holy Spirit is God and is One of the 3 Witnesses within the One God, but there is no teaching in scripture about worshipping the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son, because we are led by the Spirit to do the Father's will and that is to honour the Son in testifying of the Son in seeking His glory and by doing so, honour God the Father & glorify Him as well. That is which is what the Holy Spirit is sent to do and therefore those led by the Spirit will be doing the same thing.

Those are the two main errors of the Nicene creed of 381 A.D. which is why I believe creeds done for ecumenical purposes should be dropped as a statement of faith.

What is the core of our saving faith? That we believe in the Lord Jesus Christ & that God raised Him from the dead. Everything else is about discipleship in how we walk by faith in the Son of God as our Good Shepherd in helping us to abide in Him & His words, and as you say, we all are at our different growth stage in our walk with the Lord.

So simplify the statement of faith in regards to the simplicity of the gospel, and allow babes that can only receive the milk of the word to come in and grow without fearing they are violating "the core faith" as stated in the current SoF with all of these extras that goes beyond the salvation message.

Just a suggestion since forums are dying out as churches are with their members.

I do not really think you can have fellowship here with brothers & sisters that are in apostasy and know it not, but if you treat your forum as an outreach ministry, then you really only need the simplicity of the gospel message for the statement of faith & trust Jesus Christ as the Good Shepherd to lead each seeker from there in edifying one another, correcting one another, and hope God causes the increase, and lean on Him when it is time to withdraw from a discussion when obviously, someone is preaching something else as being more important than preaching Jesus Christ & Him crucified as if there is another caling or another baptism with the Holy Spirit with the signs of tongues or some other sensational sign in the flesh to receive.

Apostasy abounds... and forums are resting in their laurels without actually affirming what they believe to be the statement of faith by the scripture in the KJV. And it is important to stick to one Bible only because not all the Bibles are saying the same thing as the messages have been changed in modern Bibles than what the KJV has it as.

But mayhap it is too late. Mayhap with all of these modern Bibles, and this anti KJV only campaign on the internet will just result in never finding the truth in His words to discern good & evil by the meat ( the actual meaning ) of His words as kept in the KJV.

So maybe that is why no one can hear Him. They are too busy following the crowd; their church; their traditions; and mayhap their statements of faith without ever actually affirming them by looking up those listed scriptural references, but with different Bibles with changed messages, who can say that the Son is the Giver of life; and not the Holy Spirit since the Spirit is life; The Son baptizes us with the Holy Spirit as promised from the Father and as the Son does so, He is giving us eternal life. The Holy Spirit being within us is testifying from the Father & the Son that we have eternal life.

Seems like some of the repliers in this thread has already disabled their accounts.

So maybe simplifying the statement of faith to match the simplicity of the gospel and asking all members to stick to one Bible as per the KJV as having the final say, is the only way any one can grow in truth in following Him as His disciples.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
meh...where do I start
25gbax4.gif
69nqqs.gif

Doug_E_Fresh

gяελ нατ jεsμs ƒяεακ
Dec 7, 2013
Pennsylvania
dswdoctrine.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm surprised you hold the traditional catholic church to be christians, but good job otherwise. I don't like writing statements of faith because they just get longer... and longer..... and .... longer.....

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Folks, we made a choice on the Nicene Creed and we are sticking by it. I've seen many challenges to it throughout my years and suffice to say that if you don't abide by it, no amount of "showing" will work, because usually you hold a doctrine that's irreconcilable. No, it's not going to be removed. And no, we will not automatically exclude someone who doesn't agree or affirm it.

Our SoF exists to show where we are coming from and where our mark is for (little "o") orthodoxy. We try very hard to provide latitude for discussions that might go outside what we view as part of the Christian faith, but that's a case-by-case basis often quite dependent upon the attitude of the divergent Christian.

As for Bible versions, we do appreciate the feedback. We spent a ton of time deliberating on the various strengths and weaknesses of each version. They all have their problems, but shy of a very small minority of versions, we feel that most will adequately portray the entirety of the gospel and the glory of the Lord.

Last but not least, reasons for retired/disabled accounts vary from moderator actions to personal choices. We do not give out reasons to protect the privacy of our members. However, I can say that no person who has replied here has left due to the SoF nor am I aware of anyone who left specifically due to disagreement.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HammerStone said:
Folks, we made a choice on the Nicene Creed and we are sticking by it. I've seen many challenges to it throughout my years and suffice to say that if you don't abide by it, no amount of "showing" will work, because usually you hold a doctrine that's irreconcilable.
Well, you had the opportunity to re-affirm the supposed scriptural reference for each line of the Nicene creed of 381 A.D. of what other christian forums would not do in order to draw attention to this forum, but it seems you are unwilling because it will reach the inevitable conclusion of holding to an irreconcilable doctrine? Would it not be better to show that instead of just saying so?

Let the reaffirmation begin, and pray that the word of God may have free course & see where the Lord Jesus Christ leads that thread.

Otherwise, I am not sure how you can say that you or this forum affirms the Nicene creed of 381 A.D. without showing that you had actually looked up & have shown each scriptural reference for what it says that supposedly supports that line of the Nicene creed.

No christian forum will actually do the work of reaffirming those scriptural reference for each line in the Nicene creed. It is almost as if they are unwilling to take on such a venture for the members' edification, because they know that not all the scriptural reference does support each line in the Nicene creed. That may serve as a draw above all the rest of those christian forums if this forum actually did it.

Galatians 4:15Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ephesians 4:25Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

John 15:1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

See if the Lord Jesus Christ will purge the fruitful vine into bearing even more fruit; even if it means dropping the Nicene creed of 381 A.D.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
HammerStone said:
With all due respect, you've already said it to be all but unprovable. Just say you don't agree with it and that's that. We appreciate your opinion, but it will not change the stance of myself nor the team.
The NIcene Creed (381) states: "We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins." Baptism has never forgiven sins. The Blood of Christ washes sins away, not baptismal water. Therefore the Nicene Creed is not Christian.

A few years back I attended a Calvinist bible study at the invitation of a friend who held the Bible study. I did not know it was Calvinist until after I got there. They circulated the Nicene Creed for discussion and also had it posted on their church's website. I confronted them with "baptism forgiving sins". They tried to defend it, but could not. So they decided it wasn't really the Nicene Creed, rather it was the Apostle's Creed. Then they removed the entire creed from their website. Then they emailed me and told me to never attend another Bible study nor their church. A great group of guys, but I wasn't feeling the love.

Zeke25