In the experiencing…..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 4:1 (NKJV)
Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,

~What is this suffering in the flesh that causes one to cease from sin?

In the next verse one reads what the end result of this suffering is.. ~

1 Peter 4:2 (NKJV)
that he no longer should live the rest of [his] time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.

~It is when the desire of the flesh is no longer allowed to rule in the life..~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So what then is this suffering of the flesh being spoken of, exactly…

It is when one’s bodily appetites would cause one to move one direction, but by a conscious choice of one’s will, one says no to all the uprisings within them….

Case in point; one is working on something and something goes wrong, the frustration rises up inside, but the mind tells the body to relax because any overt display will only cause more problems… One’s flesh has been denied, though inside it is up in arms, but outwardly no response…

The will of the flesh has not been gratified, the flesh has suffered… The desires of the flesh have not been given way to… This is just a generic example, but can be extrapolated to mean any thing the flesh would have that is not of righteousness…

This is the denying of oneself, that righteousness might be manifested instead…

And with that denial, the manifestation of the fruit of that manifestation of righteousness always follows, because God always watches over righteousness to preform His part, and that is His presence being enlarged in the life… Meaning that where He goes, the joy, the peace, the blessings of He Himself are experienced…

Be blessed in the experiencing…

A fellow servant of His, Not me

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Case in point; one is working on something and something goes wrong, the frustration rises up inside, but the mind tells the body to relax because any overt display will only cause more problems… One’s flesh has been denied, though inside it is up in arms, but outwardly no response…
And the further we continue in this way, the better we get at ignoring our flesh, even when it is screaming at us.

Much love!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the further we continue in this way, the better we get at ignoring our flesh, even when it is screaming at us.

Much love!

Yes again marks, and the fruit of that denial is what we live for, a closer walk with Him…

Be so blessed in your walk…

A fellow walker, Not me

Reactions: Nancy