Indian telephone, internet scammers...how they operate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most telephone, internet scammers operate out of India. There are huge call (phone) centers that are nothing but Indian scammers. One ad showed they can make up to $25,000 a year.... scamming mostly senior citizen Americans. That's a huge income in India.

This video made by a hacker is shorter so I'm posting this one. It gives an idea of how the scammers operate.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I had a call earlier this morning supposedly from somebody doing a survey about loft insulation. At first he sounded genuine but then as I asked his name and if he was real there was a slight pause before he answered. When I said I thought he was AI he just said have a nice day and the call ended.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have a lot of scammers on the internet. They patrol Facebook and steal photos and pretend to be real people. They try to get your phone number and start making contact asking for money. My brother in law before he died got caught up in it. One person agreed to talk to him on the phone. He appeared to be from Mexico or South America. He was pretending to be a cute woman, but ended up being a foreign man.

My rule is to never answer calls from people I don't know, I just let it go to voice mail and check there. Scammers won't leave a voice mail in my experience.

Reactions: Debp

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Now with AI a person's voice can be copied exactly. Some scammers call the person's family as their "voice" loved one claims to be held for ransom.

The lengths evil will go to for money. :(
It is evil. If that happens the family should ask a question that only their loved one would know the answer to.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
On this video Scammer Payback, saves several people from losing money to scammers. He hacked into the actual phone calls while people were being scammed.

People like such should be public hangings or a missile sent to blow up the scammers directly ?
I just press the number 666 on my phone and the missile is on the way back too the caller directly to India. Thank you come again !
I have been telling you ! Get the message.

Well that may be a bit over board but a message has to be 100% serious about such people, but our governments do not care less in fact, for they let all such run rampant, for they are happy about such surely ! No one could be so stupid, all such could be nipped in the bud easy as if the governments were serious about such people. All one need do is press be it 555 say and the powers that be block the caller from your country and send forth a message to the scammer how to respond, if they are above board they will.
So X being you and you press 555 while on the call, you have a duty as well or if not above board you will cop a fine and if Y is the caller faces to be charged and have no ability too phone to your country.

People loose $10.000 or more in no time ? but i can not get clearance on money for 3 days, so the Governments are truly behind such scammers for sure. no one could be so stupid the governments are behind all of the rat bags, Their is no excuse regarding scammers, you come at them with every thing you have got directly, it's War that has to be directed on all Scammers.

Scamming is getting way out of hand nowadays and such has to be taken deadly serious !

Reactions: ButterflyJones

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you excellent info….
Your welcome.

I learned most of how the scammers operate from watching YouTube videos by Scammer Payback and Kitboga. There are other hackers who thwart scammers on YouTube, too.

Kitboga uses a lot of humor, using an old lady or old man voice when talking to the scammers. Of course, he pretends to misunderstand them and does things like buying tubs when they tell him to buy (gift) cards.

Today I got the "I'm officer so and so with the Social Security Administration." I just laughed and said scammer, hung up.

Also, once in a while the "Hi grandma" guy phones. I hang up or this last time I told him to knock it off and hung up.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is interesting....Jim Browning, one of the best scambaiters. He says 95% of scammers operate out of India.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I emailed a YouTube video about thwarting scammers to several friends.

One lady emailed me back and thanked me. She fell for the computer support scam and was just one click away from the scammers draining her bank account!

She said it took her 20 minutes to figure out they were scammers. She said the men and the women were so nice as they transferred her.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another interesting video by Scammer Payback who also collects evidence to send to the police. Scammer thinks they are talking to an elderly woman.

Reactions: Chains Broken