Indonesian Politicians Want to Ban Christian Films

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pelihat

Dec 29, 2022
Bali
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
The leadership of Commission VIII (religious affairs) of the DPR (House of Representatives) asked that the screening of the film His Only Son be stopped. The film tells the story of Abraham. According to the chairman of Commission VIII DPR, the story in the film does not match the Islamic version of the story of the Prophet Abraham.

"The circulation of the film His Only Son in Indonesia should be stopped or banned. The narrative of this film is full of controversy. The content of this film is not like the current understanding of the history of the Prophet Ibrahim As which is believed by Muslims in Indonesia in general," said Deputy Chairman of Commission VIII DPR, Tubagus Ace Hasan Syadzily, in a written press release, Tuesday (12/9/2023).

Source: Pimpinan Komisi VIII DPR Minta Penayangan Film His Only Son Dihentikan!.

John839

Sep 9, 2023
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Austria
The leadership of Commission VIII (religious affairs) of the DPR (House of Representatives) asked that the screening of the film His Only Son be stopped. The film tells the story of Abraham. According to the chairman of Commission VIII DPR, the story in the film does not match the Islamic version of the story of the Prophet Abraham.

"The circulation of the film His Only Son in Indonesia should be stopped or banned. The narrative of this film is full of controversy. The content of this film is not like the current understanding of the history of the Prophet Ibrahim As which is believed by Muslims in Indonesia in general," said Deputy Chairman of Commission VIII DPR, Tubagus Ace Hasan Syadzily, in a written press release, Tuesday (12/9/2023).

Source: Pimpinan Komisi VIII DPR Minta Penayangan Film His Only Son Dihentikan!.
They should not only ban this film but all films. Movies are poison for the mind and acting is nothing but a mental illness.

Especially the movie "Passion of the Christ" is a devilish movie. Not only is it absolutely wrong for a man to pretend to be Jesus, but to tell people that Jesus had long hair is pure blasphemy. A man does not wear long hair. This film mocks Jesus. And all the Christians who celebrated this movie are not Christians, they are future inhabitants of hell.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They should not only ban this film but all films. Movies are poison for the mind and acting is nothing but a mental illness.

Especially the movie "Passion of the Christ" is a devilish movie. Not only is it absolutely wrong for a man to pretend to be Jesus, but to tell people that Jesus had long hair is pure blasphemy. A man does not wear long hair. This film mocks Jesus. And all the Christians who celebrated this movie are not Christians, they are future inhabitants of hell.
Agreed, Tv, and movies of this day and age especially, are full of Satan's influence, big time.
I must say though, about the long hair on men, I personally do not like it but did not the Nazarene's keep theirs long?? Think Samson. :)

Two verses come to mind:

1 Corinthians 11:14 "Does not even nature teach you that it is a shame for a man to have long hair?"

Numbers 6: 5 "All the days of the vow of his separation no razor shall come upon his head; until the days are fulfilled for which he separated himself to the Lord, he shall be holy. Then he shall let the locks of the hair of his head grow."

There seems several ways folks reconcile these verses. How do you do it @John839 ?

As far as Indonesia is concerned, it has the largest Muslim population in the world. There is a province that is under Sharia Law but, do not know which or how large it is. I would imagine any Christians have to really keep their faith out of site :( It does not at all surprise me that they would ban all and any Christ themed movies, books...JMHO :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hollywood does everything in it's power to indoctrinate people into their progressive ways as I see it. There are some honest people that make movies for fun. But there is a steering of many of the stories to allow only progressive content.

That said many of the religious movies wrongly portray Christianity. Liberal and progressive. It's all poison.

When I watch movies I like to know it's just nonsense and make believe. And I think that's important.

John839

Sep 9, 2023
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Austria
I must say though, about the long hair on men, I personally do not like it but did not the Nazarene's keep theirs long??
According to Jewish tradition, the vow of a Nazarite usually lasts 30 days. In this short time, the hair can not grow long.

There are some cases where the vow lasts longer than 30 days, but I suppose that the Nazarite is allowed to cut his hair if it grows too long. That would be an exception, so to speak. Or it could be that the hair was tied together so that the long hair would not be visible. The reprehensible thing about the long hair would be if it were freely visible and you would therefore look like a woman, but that would not be possible if the hair was tied.
As far as Indonesia is concerned, it has the largest Muslim population in the world. There is a province that is under Sharia Law but, do not know which or how large it is. I would imagine any Christians have to really keep their faith out of site :( It does not at all surprise me that they would ban all and any Christ themed movies, books...JMHO :)
The question is whether they are real Christians? I often see that the persecuted "Christians" in these Islamic countries are Catholics or Orthodox. But these are not true Christians. They make images of God and bow down to idols, whoever does that is not a true Christian.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Maybe its a quality thing? Maybe they ban films because of bad production? There are a lot of very bad religious movies out there.

Or could it be censorship...having nothing to do with bad acting?

Reactions: Laurina

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“The content of this film is not like the current understanding of the history of the Prophet Ibrahim As which is believed by Muslims in Indonesia in general,"
Maybe the film portrayed Ibrahim as attempting to sacrifice Isaac instead of Ishmael?

The Quran and Islamic tradition do not always agree with the Bible on the facts of Abraham’s life.

Reactions: Debp and Nancy

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indonesia
---
Christian persecution has been increasing in recent years.
- World Watch List 2023/Ranking #33
- Top 50 countries (Persecution)
Info. from: opendoors.org

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp

pelihat

Dec 29, 2022
Bali
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Maybe the film portrayed Ibrahim as attempting to sacrifice Isaac instead of Ishmael?

The Quran and Islamic tradition do not always agree with the Bible on the facts of Abraham’s life.
yes, because of this.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the movie "Passion of the Christ" is a devilish movie. Not only is it absolutely wrong for a man to pretend to be Jesus

I didn't see the movie because I didn't think I could take the crucifixion scene.

Jim Cavieziel, the actor who portrayed Christ, is a very dedicated believer, very open about his faith. This openness caused him to lose a lot of acting opportunities I heard.