Info about the Baptists

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mission

Jun 28, 2009
Does anyone know what is the difference between the following two Baptists churches:- The Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches- Canadian Baptists of Western Canada Are they cult churches?

Tombstone

Aug 18, 2009
Hmmmm....Brand spanking new member.Logging on for the first time not to comment on a current thread, but to begin a new and possibly (obiously) potential divisive topic.Yeah, I smell a bait thread.

mission

Jun 28, 2009
Tombstone;73022]Hmmmm.... Brand spanking new member. Logging on for the first time not to comment on a current thread said:
It's a sincere question. I would like to know more about: - The Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches- Canadian Baptists of Western CanadaAre they cult or have any unique practices? ps. Tombstone. If you have nothing to contribute, shut up :D

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
mission;73021 said:
Does anyone know what is the difference between the following two Baptists churches:- The Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches- Canadian Baptists of Western Canada Are they cult churches?
Hi MissionMost mainline church denominations will differ , split , fragment, and splinter over time. The majority (if not all) of Baptist congregations are considered Christian and open (not cults).When churches differ it is usually because of personal preferences of men and women , not issues of basic Christianity. Some want modern music, some do not etc. Some want to evangelize more, some want to focus on existing family members instead.If you are looking for a (Baptist) church , visit them all and maybe you will find one where you fit in best.Not sure if I answered your question mission , if not , can you be more specific?Best regardsMartin

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Here is a quote from their own literature ......The Canadian Baptists of Western Canada are a community of Christ-following churches in Western Canada. We have a Christ-centred theology that represents moderate Canadian values in an evangelical posture. Our three-fold purpose is to invite faith, act in mercy and cultivate leaders. There are 178 Canadian Baptist congregations and ministries in all four Western provinces, the Yukon and the Northwest Territories. Together, these congregations serve about 100,000 worshippers in churches large and small, urban and rural across Western Canada. As the most diverse denomination in Canada, with worship services in more than 30 languages. We reach out to our neighbours through missions that meet the needs of the poor and vulnerable in our communities, both locally and internationally. Everywhere, in word and deed, Christ is proclaimed.=============================================================Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches HistoryThe Fellowship is a family of nearly 500 Evangelical Baptist Churches scattered across Canada – from the Yukon to the tip of Nova Scotia. Our churches range in size from a few dozen to several hundred, and hold worship services in 13 different languages. The Fellowship was born in 1953 out of a desire for a nation-wide body of churches committed to the truth of God’s Word and the proclamation of salvation through Jesus Christ. Over the last 52 years, several hundred churches have joined the Fellowship, either in large blocs (such as the Regular Baptist Churches of British Columbia in 1965) or individually. The dozens of church planting projects undertaken by Fellowship churches and agencies continue to be our main source of growth.The churches of the Fellowship share a burden for reaching the world with the good news of Jesus Christ. Through our overseas mission agency, FEBInternational, we currently minister to over a dozen countries worldwide. The Fellowship French Missions agency exists to plant and nurture French-language churches in Canada, in areas that have proven to be more hostile to the gospel than many countries overseas. In the early 1950’s, Fellowship workers in Québec served a combined time of 7 years in prison for publicly sharing their faith. Through our Chaplaincy agency, the Fellowship is able to minister to Canadians in the workplace – meeting the spiritual needs of those that might never walk into a church on their own.As the Fellowship seeks to implement its vision for 21st century – seeking spiritual renewal, growing healthy churches, and strategically planting new churches – we pray that God will continue to bless this nation-wide family of believers and use us to bring glory to His name.=====================================================Does that help you mission ? I am not a member of any of these groups but they do not sound any alarms for me.This forum does not normally discuss denominational issues and I am just trying to answer your question. Hope it helps. Best wishesMartin W.

mission

Jun 28, 2009
Thank you Martin for your answers. I am looking for a church and there are two baptist church in my area, one a Fellowship church and the other a Canadian Baptists of Western Canada. I heard the fellowship believes only certain people ("the elect") can follow Jesus so I was concerned. I'm glad you did say they are not cults and do not sound any alarms for you. It sounds like they are worth a visit, I think I will do that. I do hope they play traditional music like the methodist and don't use drums or noisy musical instruments. Cheers

gumby

May 29, 2009
I was raised baptist, my honest opinion though any church can become a cult if it teaches mens traditions over gods truth.

manumuskin

Oct 29, 2009
i was raised petecostal and converted to baptist during desert storm by a friend who was baptist.I prefer baptist theology but I like pentecostal music,does this make me a bapticostal?Al

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
manumuskin;74128]i was raised petecostal and converted to baptist during desert storm by a friend who was baptist.I prefer baptist theology but I like pentecostal music said: