Instant replay....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is just another curious question...

Do you have an "instant replay" function in your head? lol
That thing where you are busy doing something and someone is talking to you, or you hear something on the television, but your attention was more on the thing you're doing ...something catches your attention and in your head, you do an instant replay like a tape recorder ....then you respond to the person....?

Idk if I'm describing it well enough to make sense. But I have had the instant reply of something I heard weeks before ....in order to get an answer I was looking for (the name of a song and artist I was looking for). I wanted to find the song I heard on the radio on youtube but didn't know who sung it....but I then remembered I had heard it a week before, so in my head, I heard the whole song over again and at the end, the radio announcer told the artist. lol

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
HAHAHAHAHAHAA.... oh my goodness... you are cracking me up today....

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have forgotten a lot and I mean a lot of things and especially names of people I used to know... or even things I used to know... It's the going joke with my niece that I don't remember things... and we have fun with that... I have to write all the important things down now... I have a friend who is ten years older than me and it bothers her that she forgets... but I find it funny... Drives my daughter nuts... MOM ... I already told you this... or we already talked about that... WELL yeah... let's talk about it again... LOL

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have forgotten a lot and I mean a lot of things and especially names of people I used to know... or even things I used to know... It's the going joke with my niece that I don't remember things... and we have fun with that... I have to write all the important things down now... I have a friend who is ten years older than me and it bothers her that she forgets... but I find it funny... Drives my daughter nuts... MOM ... I already told you this... or we already talked about that... WELL yeah... let's talk about it again... LOL
So I guess that's a no? Lol (You made me laugh, too!)

Reactions: Nancy

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Talking out loud to myself around my son just gives him ammunition and encouragement...which Mr. Mouthy doesn't need! lol

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Adoration Some ppl speak of their 'forgettory', instead of memory... :)

(I know the feeling...)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm guessing that no one quite understands what I'm describing. What I'm wondering is if anyone else experiences this ...or, are you able to replay a conversation (for example) in your head minutes, days, weeks, or months after you heard it....kind of like photographic memory. Not the thing like the accusing voices in your head, or tormenting thoughts that plague the mind, or anything like that. This would be more like something that you do if you need a piece of information from a conversation you heard or from something else you heard (such as the song I heard on the radio which I described in the OP when I needed to know the artist).

I wonder of @quietthinker might get what I'm asking here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just instant replays aren't always what you think what you saw...
Memories are highly subjective.
I'm not talking about memories here. Please see my previous post.

This has actually proven to be completely accurate, because when I did it, I was able to recall something I heard word for word and gather the piece of info I was looking for, and it was accurate. Even my children have noted it and teased me about my replay thing ....because if I was in middle of a task that needed my attention and they were talking ...I would finish the task, and just replay what they said (in my head) and then reply. lol It wasn't a long wait, maybe a couple minutes. They knew/know what's going on when that happens ....and it didn't happen every time they talked to me. But when it did, it was good fuel for a joke about "Mom's delayed responses."

Reactions: Nancy and JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not talking about memories here. Please see my previous post.

This has actually proven to be completely accurate, because when I did it, I was able to recall something I heard word for word and gather the piece of info I was looking for, and it was accurate. Even my children have noted that it and teased me about my replay thing ....because if I was in middle of a task that needed my attention and they were talking ...I would finish the task, and just replay what they said (in my head) and then reply. lol It wasn't a long wait, maybe a couple minutes. They knew/know what's going on when that happens ....and it didn't happen every time they talked to me. But when it did, it was good fuel for a joke about "Mom's delayed responses."

Mis read your post...sorry.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's okay. I am mainly curious how many others do this ...how common or uncommon it might be...
Very!

My mind is running fast...all the time. On three different unique ideas as I even type this.

Being completely absorbed in one thing in at least three different fashions is not really something I do a lot... unless it is one of my "hobbies" that requires a lot of focus.

And I read really fast. Too fast sometimes...I'm way past the post and on to other things by the time I responded.
Probably onto a memory and then cooraborating memories and then to related concepts and then cartoons and then....

I'm sure you get the idea.

Your writing style throws me off a bit. I'm going to have to focus harder on how you are writing. Everyone has a unique rhythm to the way they say things...I ain't quite caught on to yours. It's a bit "off" the well travelled paths.

Last edited: