Instant replay....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very!

My mind is running fast...all the time. On three different unique ideas as I even type this.

Being completely absorbed in one thing in at least three different fashions is not really something I do a lot... unless it is one of my "hobbies" that requires a lot of focus.

And I read really fast. Too fast sometimes...I'm way past the post and on to other things by the time I responded.
Probably onto a memory and then cooraborating memories and then to related concepts and then cartoons and then....

I'm sure you get the idea.

Your writing style throws me off a bit. I'm going to have to focus harder on how you are writing. Everyone has a unique rhythm to the way they say things...I ain't quite caught on to yours. It's a bit "off" the well travelled paths.
You are the first and only person who has ever said that to me. lol

As far as your other comment, I often ...or almost constantly multitask. Or ...along another line ...have at times used both left and right hands to write notes, or draw a picture. My oldest son is the same way. His coworkers and employers have noted it. It makes him more efficient at certain jobs.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mind is running fast...all the time. On three different unique ideas as I even type this.

Being completely absorbed in one thing in at least three different fashions is not really something I do a lot... unless it is one of my "hobbies" that requires a lot of focus.
To clarify, I am not saying I don't multitask, since I do that almost all the time. It is more of a selective thing that happens. And even the instant replay is an example of this, because part of my mind is listening to and recording info around me, while another part of my mind is focused on a task. So it really isn't too different.

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the first and only person who has ever said that to me. lol

As far as your other comment, I often ...or almost constantly multitask. Or ...along another line ...have at times used both left and right hands to write notes, or draw a picture. My oldest son is the same way. His coworkers and employers have noted it. It makes him more efficient at certain jobs.
Let's put it this way...
A $20 bestseller is kinda a waste for me...2hrs and it's over...dissected and analyzed and critiqued cover to cover.

I can go through three a day...
Not cheap. And usually disappointing. And I'll have nothing to show for it.

However....
I can buy $60 worth of meat....nice meals!
I can buy $60 worth of leathercrafting materials and nice accessories!
Maybe some wood and chisels and do some carving...
But since I'm out of work currently...kinda got a tightfisted approach to everything lately...my wife keeps telling me to loosen up but I'm hesitant. (We live well below our means and can survive off of her salary alone)

But I've been reading a lot of amateur writing.
Maybe that's why... dunno.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's put it this way...
A $20 bestseller is kinda a waste for me...2hrs and it's over...dissected and analyzed and critiqued cover to cover.

I can go through three a day...
Not cheap. And usually disappointing. And I'll have nothing to show for it.

However....
I can buy $60 worth of meat....nice meals!
I can buy $60 worth of leathercrafting materials and nice accessories!
Maybe some wood and chisels and do some carving...
But since I'm out of work currently...kinda got a tightfisted approach to everything lately...my wife keeps telling me to loosen up but I'm hesitant. (We live well below our means and can survive off of her salary alone)

But I've been reading a lot of amateur writing.
Maybe that's why... dunno.
Your writing and thinking styles are actually quite different. You veer off to make a point and kind of lose the subject matter of discussion.

I would like to get back to the subject matter in my original post.

Reactions: JohnDB and Nancy

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes, multitasking can result in not doing any one task to the full potential ...as noted here where you misread my posts at least twice. lol

Reactions: Nancy

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm thinking that your answer is probably no.
If only! lol
I know exactly what you're talking about.
I lived alone for six years and talked to myself all the time.
I would like to know what my cat thought...though she never told me. lol

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"What's the name of that song?"
A week later I'm talking with my son as I'm in the middle of doing dishes.
He asked me what I wanted for supper and as I took another breath to continue talking, I said, "Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain!"
That is what I call giving Mr. Mouthy ammunition.
It would be weeks, no, months...

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm guessing that no one quite understands what I'm describing. What I'm wondering is if anyone else experiences this ...or, are you able to replay a conversation (for example) in your head minutes, days, weeks, or months after you heard it....kind of like photographic memory. Not the thing like the accusing voices in your head, or tormenting thoughts that plague the mind, or anything like that. This would be more like something that you do if you need a piece of information from a conversation you heard or from something else you heard (such as the song I heard on the radio which I described in the OP when I needed to know the artist).

I wonder of @quietthinker might get what I'm asking here.
It happens. A week ago coming back from town on the bike it rained torrentially. I decided to drop in and see a friend I hadn't seen in some time. We had a most interesting conversation touching several things. Time came to leave and with a leg over the seat I was gone; all the while throwing our chat around in my head. The kilometres rolled by and it wasn't till considerable time had passed that I realised I was riding without the helmet. The recall of our conversation had so captured my attention other necessary priorities were forgotten.....it seemed I was in a different space.

By the way bugalugs...where have you gone?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It happens. A week ago coming back from town on the bike it rained torrentially. I decided to drop in and see a friend I hadn't seen in some time. We had a most interesting conversation touching several things. Time came to leave and with a leg over the seat I was gone; all the while throwing our chat around in my head. The kilometres rolled by and it wasn't till considerable time had passed that I realised I was riding without the helmet. The recall of our conversation had so captured my attention other necessary priorities were forgotten.....it seemed I was in a different space.

By the way bugalugs...where have you gone?
Your example is along the lines of what I'm talking about ...but say, in a month, you wanted to remember that conversation ....and you re-heard it again in tour head as if someone had recorded it on video....?

Did you see my other examples, as in my replies to @JohnDB ?

I have been here, but not as active.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your example is along the lines of what I'm talking about ...but say, in a month, you wanted to remember that conversation ....and you re-heard it again in tour head as if someone had recorded it on video....?
some recall is sharp, others is general.
Did you see my other examples, as in my replies to @JohnDB ?
I glossed over it

Reactions: TLHKAJ