Intense Dreams, I Need Answers..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cardinal1990

Feb 21, 2015
So a few nights ago i had a strange dream, in the dream I was in a city, there was a war going on, there were a lot of people running away from something, including my family and I, i felt so scared for myself and my family. I notice this huge light shining down from the sky, I seen my smaller nieces and nephews going up into the light then they disappeared at the top, right away I knew what was going on, I was so upset that I didn't go up into the light, my parents didn't go up, neither did my spouse or my siblings just the kids, I wasn't paying attention to any other people in my dream. I kept thinking "what did I do wrong to not get taken up?" It was scary.

I've had 3 dreams of war going on and big scary looking things outside,it was human against those things. All I wanted to do was keep my family safe. In these 3 dreams I didn't see a light coming down from the sky. In one of these dreams I seen a huge red skull and cross bones in the sky.

I've also had dreams of floods and I knew I had to build a boat or something to keep my family safe.

I've had multiple dreams of the same scary "being" going after my family and I and also my christian relatives, they couldn't see only I did and I always tried to get my family to it, I've never seen it's face but I know it was evil.

In another recent dream I was sitting in the living room on the floor looking through some pictures and I came across this picture with two scary looking things and I hear my dad yelling, telling something to get out of the house and he called my uncle for advice on how to get rid of it, so I'm still sitting there and I see two things fly in the window but no one else seen them, so I got up and I came face to face with this things, it had black eyes and had the scariest face I've ever seen (not human like) I started crying and screaming, I tried telling my family what I see but words couldn't come out, all I could do was cry, i was so scared, then I stopped and I said "In Jesus Name Leave This House" and I woke up after that...

I have a lot of weird, scary dreams. In most of them I'm trying to save my spouse and family.None of them go to church and I'm not sure if they believe in God, but I do, i go to church, i pray and all that good stuff. Is this a sign I should help my family find God? and what are your thoughts on my dreams especially the first one?

Thanks for reading and God Bless :)

Reactions: TLHKAJ

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I divide the mind into three...

1. Conscience thought
2. Subconscious thought
3. Memory

Your subconscious mind does not understand English. Instead it spits out metaphors in the forms of dreams to try to communicate issues it has with your other conscience mind. If this is true then this is the interpretation to your dream...

To dream of a flood represents emotional issues and tensions. Your repressed emotions are overwhelming you. Consider where the flood is for clues as to where in your waking life is causing you stress and tension. Alternatively, the dream indicates that you are overwhelming others with your demands and strong opinion. Still another interpretation could be your desire to wipe everything clean and make a fresh new start.

To dream of a war signifies disorder and chaos in your waking life you are experiencing some internal conflict or emotional struggle which is tearing you up inside. Alternatively, the dream indicates that you are either being overly aggressive or that you are not being assertive enough. Perhaps you need to be prepared to put up a fight in some area of your life.

I would think that if you set your life in the right direction that these dreams will cease.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dreams also can be of God or something generated by evil spirits. In this case speaking in the name of Jesus was the correct thing to do.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

So a few nights ago i had a strange dream, in the dream I was in a city, there was a war going on, there were a lot of people running away from something, including my family and I, i felt so scared for myself and my family. I notice this huge light shining down from the sky, I seen my smaller nieces and nephews going up into the light then they disappeared at the top, right away I knew what was going on, I was so upset that I didn't go up into the light, my parents didn't go up, neither did my spouse or my siblings just the kids, I wasn't paying attention to any other people in my dream. I kept thinking "what did I do wrong to not get taken up?" It was scary.
The Rapture doctrine is only taught in America. Hardly anyone outside the US believe in such things... :huh:

Reactions: Dan57

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
All I can say is seek the Lord for He can give interpretation and reveal the mysteries of your dream through the Holy Spirit. Maybe even consider talking with your pastor or some other mature Christian that you trust and ask their take on the dream. Yet, I do believe in the rapture of the Church of God and the Second Advent of our Lord Jesus is coming soon!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
UHCAIan said:
All I can say is seek the Lord for He can give interpretation and reveal the mysteries of your dream through the Holy Spirit. Maybe even consider talking with your pastor or some other mature Christian that you trust and ask their take on the dream. Yet, I do believe in the rapture of the Church of God and the Second Advent of our Lord Jesus is coming soon!
Me too!

biointeger

Feb 10, 2016
Melbourne? Australia
Cardinal1990 said:

I've had 3 dreams of war going on and big scary looking things outside,it was human against those things. All I wanted to do was keep my family safe. In these 3 dreams I didn't see a light coming down from the sky. In one of these dreams I seen a huge red skull and cross bones in the sky.

I've also had dreams of floods and I knew I had to build a boat or something to keep my family safe.

I've had multiple dreams of the same scary "being" going after my family and I and also my christian relatives, they couldn't see only I did and I always tried to get my family to it, I've never seen it's face but I know it was evil.

In another recent dream I was sitting in the living room on the floor looking through some pictures and I came across this picture with two scary looking things and I hear my dad yelling, telling something to get out of the house and he called my uncle for advice on how to get rid of it, so I'm still sitting there and I see two things fly in the window but no one else seen them, so I got up and I came face to face with this things, it had black eyes and had the scariest face I've ever seen (not human like) I started crying and screaming, I tried telling my family what I see but words couldn't come out, all I could do was cry, i was so scared, then I stopped and I said "In Jesus Name Leave This House" and I woke up after that...

I have a lot of weird, scary dreams. In most of them I'm trying to save my spouse and family.None of them go to church and I'm not sure if they believe in God, but I do, i go to church, i pray and all that good stuff. Is this a sign I should help my family find God? and what are your thoughts on my dreams especially the first one?

Thanks for reading and God Bless :)
You are one of a kind, the dream is about the war between the world of sin & salvation. The children are the unlearned and you remain with your family because of knowledge.

Skitnik

Nov 12, 2015
Angelina said:
The Rapture doctrine is only taught in America. Hardly anyone outside the US believe in such things... :huh:
I have been to couple of countries where protestant denominations teach Rapture. They did that even long before Iron Curtain came down and Americans got there.

The reason why Rapture was not taught until just a couple of centuries ago is because Christian doctrine was controlled by Catholic/Orthodox churches. In some countries Bibles in native languages were not even available until 18th century and few people were literate enough to read them.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Angelina said:
Angelina,

Come across the Tasman from NZ and you'll find lots of people in Aust also teach the Rapture, especially in Dispensational circles. I was taught it in an Assemblies of God Bible College in Brisbane many moons ago. You'll find it among Baptists, Wesleyan Methodists, especially Christian Brethren (Gospel Hall), and other evangelicals. There is a large Open Brethren church 15 mins from where I live that openly promotes the Rapture.

Any promoters of premill, pre-trib eschatology will promote the Rapture. See:

9780310212980.jpg_3.jpg

Anyone who accepts one of these eschatological views, will promote a Rapture of the saints. Here we have Three Views of the Rapture that could be taught in any country around the world.

Take a read of the beliefs of Northside Baptist Church, Perth WA, Australia and you'll see belief in the Rapture. Here's a list of Christian Brethren assemblies in your own country of NZ that teach the Rapture doctrine.

The Rapture is certainly not a doctrine restricted to North America.

Therefore, how do you interpret 1 Thessalonians 4:17? To what is this referring?

Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Skitnik said:
I have been to couple of countries where protestant denominations teach Rapture. They did that even long before Iron Curtain came down and Americans got there.

The reason why Rapture was not taught until just a couple of centuries ago is because Christian doctrine was controlled by Catholic/Orthodox churches. In some countries Bibles in native languages were not even available until 18th century and few people were literate enough to read them.
Skitnik,

The church being 'caught up' or raptured was taught long before J N Darby (1800-1882).

Irenaeus (ca AD 130-202) wrote in his famous treatise, Against Heresies (5.29.1)

Those nations however, who did not of themselves raise up their eyes unto heaven, nor returned thanks to their Maker, nor wished to behold the light of truth, but who were like blind mice concealed in the depths of ignorance, the word justly reckons “as waste water from a sink, and as the turning-weight of a balance — in fact, as nothing;”(1) so far useful and serviceable to the just, as stubble conduces towards the growth of the wheat, and its straw, by means of combustion, serves for working gold. And therefore, when in the end the Church shall be suddenly caught up from this, it is said, “There shall be tribulation such as has not been since the beginning, neither shall be.”(2) For this is the last contest of the righteous, in which, when they overcome they are crowned with incorruption (emphasis added).
The church being 'suddenly caught up' is parallel with the language of 1 Thess 4:17.

Oz

gospelfellowships

Mar 4, 2016
These are clearly dreams from the Lord to have you prepare spiritually and physically for the saving of your family. Terrible times could be upon us soon.

Skitnik

Nov 12, 2015
OzSpen said:
Skitnik,

The church being 'caught up' or raptured was taught long before J N Darby (1800-1882).
It is your opinion only. One of millions in at least a dozen of variations of beliefs on this topic. Go ahead and start a million first pre-post-mid-none trib topic.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Skitnik said:
It is your opinion only. One of millions in at least a dozen of variations of beliefs on this topic. Go ahead and start a million first pre-post-mid-none trib topic.
It was NOT my opinion. I provided you with evidence from a church father to refute your view, but that's not good enough.

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
In the book of Ezekiel the last few chapters speaks of waters that will flood earth. As the brass man moves closer and closer these waters will rise. Wisdom says be ready to move if needed if not already.
The coast of all nations will see this. Note that in Revelation God says that the earth will help us. So how high shall we go. Look at your State and have a plan.
Look at Revelations sixth bowl, sixth trumpet. God tells us that when the river begins to dry up that war will happen the sixth trumpet. They will nuke most major cities. I would move away from any large cities and power plants and any large bodies of water. Beside these things plus the rocks from space if you know these things why would you live in these areas.
The demons they are naked and thru Christ they flee you have seen that. Their are power in His Name.
Many will make it many won't.