Iran has recieved its 6th shipment of Nuclear Fuel!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
I am not saying they can't have it, I am just pointing it out and hoping that neither we nor Israel pay for this. Iran has two choices: either keep their promise and only use the nucleur fuel for energy and not weapons, or keep their promise to bomb Israel. They are set up for both, so we should just be ready.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Very intersting follower any one with any brains knows a oil rich state like Iran doesnt need nuclear Power Its just more of their games playing to get nuclear weapons so they can Contorl the middle East and wipe out Israel.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
(followerofchrist;32581)
I am not saying they can't have it, I am just pointing it out and hoping that neither we nor Israel pay for this. Iran has two choices: either keep their promise and only use the nucleur fuel for energy and not weapons, or keep their promise to bomb Israel. They are set up for both, so we should just be ready.
1) Enriched uranium alone does not make for a nuclear weapons program. The only uranium based bomb ever made was the "Little Boy" which was used on Hiroshima. While detonating uranium is easy when compared to plutonium, the only uranium that works is U-235. Conventional nuclear fuel is mostly U-238 and does not detonate. It is extremly dificult to separate enough U-235 in order to produce a weapon. This is why the uranium based concept for making a bomb has been abandoned.Unless Iran is building a magnetic separation facility or a gas diffusion plant, either which is a larger undertaking than enriching uranium, you can rest assured that Iran is not working on a uranium based bomb.2) The other type is the one used today, the plutonium bomb. Once again, one needs to have the right mix of fuel (Much greater enrichment than what Iran is doing right now) And then you will need a plutonium procesing facility. Once again an undertaking bigger than the simply uranium enrichment they are currently doing. 3) Plutonium is difficult to detonate. It requires a process called "Perfect implosion". Once again, it is a complicated undetaking requiring the use of high grade explosives and precision wiring. Currently, nobody has been able to even claim, much less prove that Iran is working on the concept of perfect implosion. Bottom line: All you have is Iran enriching uranium to the minimal standard required to run a nuclear reactor. It is doubtfull that the crude centerfuges they have built can even produce the required enrichment for plutonium production. Nobody has even claimed much less proven that Iran is engaged in Magnetic separation, gas diffusion, weapons grade enrichment, plutonium processing, or perfect implosion. Until there is evidence of any of these things, any such claims are pure hyperbole.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
From step one to step two isnt a far jump and they been preparing for it for years

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I'm with Bernie with this one. I don't think that Iran will make a nuclear weapon for the sole purpose of wiping Israel out of the map. I just think Iran wants to jump in the nuclear bandwagon along with China, US, and Russia. They just want to make their country a world super power. If anything, a nuclear weapon would be for defensive purposes. Ahmadinejad isn't dumb, he knows that if he uses a nuke against Israel, it would mean certain destruction for Iran from allied nations.Don't let all of the Propaganda get to your head Kriss. Until there is a definite action from Iran to attack Israel using nuclear weapons, stay unbiased.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well you are not looking at the whole picture its not just for Israel although that is frosting on the cake its for control of the middle east. Saudia Arabia is Suni dominated and Iran Shia its all about controll of the whole area thats what makes Iraq important which party is going to rule.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
(kriss;32589)
From step one to step two isnt a far jump and they been preparing for it for years
Once again, show proof of a plutonium processing facility, gas diffusion plant, maganetic separation facility, and work being done on an implosion device.Any one of these things are larger than processing.And then....Making a nuclear warhead is not enough. You have to make it compact enough to fit on their missile which does not have that much throw weight. if they dublicated the Fat man which would be a major feat, they wouldn't ba able to deliver it. The B-29 had to be stripped of all its defensive armament, armor, and had to have it's aft bomb bay converted into a fule tank just to carry it. Iran's current rocket cannot carry it nor do they have a heavy bomber. Once again...neocon hyperbole.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(Wakka;32590)
I'm with Bernie with this one. I don't think that Iran will make a nuclear weapon for the sole purpose of wiping Israel out of the map. I just think Iran wants to jump in the nuclear bandwagon along with China, US, and Russia. They just want to make their country a world super power. If anything, a nuclear weapon would be for defensive purposes. Ahmadinejad isn't dumb, he knows that if he uses a nuke against Israel, it would mean certain destruction for Iran from allied nations.Don't let all of the Propaganda get to your head Kriss. Until there is a definite action from Iran to attack Israel using nuclear weapons, stay unbiased.
Thats just it, the USA is one of the FEW strong allies that Israel has. And Russia has aleady stated that any attempts that USA takes against Iran will be met with and immediate and full force attack from Russia. They also have China backing them, and now france! And Russia is not somebody we want to mess with, with their fairly new oil wealth which they spent almost entirely on their military. World War 3 has been mentioned more than once in arguments between Bush and Putin. I have no doubt that Russia would hesitate to attack America, I think they are just waiting for an excuse. When we put anti-missle launchers on the European Coast to protect them from potential attack from the middle east, Russia openly stated that they were considering bombing that area because of it.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
Once again, Until you show evidence of:A Gas diffusion plantA Magnetic separation facilityYou do not have evidence of them trying to make a uranium based Bomb like the Little Boy which was used on Hiroshima.Unless you can show evidence of:Their enrichment process being enhance to weapons gradeA plutonium processing facilityWork being conducted on achieving perfect implosionYou have no evidence of them working on a plutonium based bomb.All you have so far is neocon hyperbole

Jan 15, 2008
(BernieEOD;32794)
All you have so far is neocon hyperbole
Lol, I'd have to agree. The powers that be are just trigger happy for a war. :naughty:

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
(BearingChristaHammer;32828)
Lol, I'd have to agree. The powers that be are just trigger happy for a war. :naughty:
There is more at stake here than one knows. The Pentagon and its efense contractors are desparate to arest if not reverse the post cold war drawdown. A warship isdesigned to last for 30 years and yet, they are not only decomissioning warships that are less than 20 years old but instead of placing them in reserve layup where they can be reactivated if / when needed, they are scrapping them or using them for target practice. And then they tell Congress that they desparately need new ships.Examples such as this prevail throughout the entire military industrial complex. They need a new boogyman in order to justify their existence.