Iran:secret nuke work

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Intel from IAEA state says Iran weighing secret nuke workOct. 30, 2008Associated Press , Iran has recently tested ways of recovering highly enriched uranium from waste reactor fuel in a covert bid to expand its nuclear program, according to an intelligence assessment made available to The Associated Press. The intelligence, provided by a member of the 145-nation International Atomic Energy Agency, also says a report will soon be submitted to the Iranian leadership for a decision on whether to go ahead with the project. The alleged tests loosely replicate Saddam Hussein's attempts to build the bomb nearly two decades ago. But experts question the conclusion by those providing the intelligence that Teheran, too, is trying to reprocess the fuel to make a nuclear weapon. They note that the spent fuel at issue as the source of the enriched uranium is not enough to yield the approximately 30 kilograms (65 pounds) of weapons-grade material needed for a bomb. Still, they say that the alleged experiment appears plausible - if not as a fast track to weapons capability then as a step that could move it further along that path. With Iran's nuclear program already under international scrutiny, any new efforts by Teheran to increase its nuclear expertise and its store of enriched uranium would set off alarm bells - particularly if that stock was highly enriched. The higher the enrichment the easier it is to reach the 90 percent level used in the fissile core of nuclear warheads. The 3-page intelligence report, drawn from Iranian sources within the country, says the source material would be highly enriched - some at above 90 percent, the rest at 20 percent. In contrast, Iran's enrichment program under constant IAEA monitoring has churned out material that is less than 5 percent enriched, in line with the fuel needs of modern reactors. "Procedures were evaluated for recycling fuel by dissolving fuel rods" for irradiated waste and then reprocessing the material into uranium metal, says the intelligence assessment. Uranium metal is used for nuclear warheads. "Sufficient data was collected for planning production lines for recovering the fuel," says the assessment, which gave Teheran's Jaber ibn Hayan Laboratories, run by the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, as the location for the experiment. Top officials of AEOI are "in the final stages" of writing a report for the Iranian leadership for assessment on whether to go forward with reprocessing, according to the intelligence. The laboratories and the Teheran Nuclear Research Center, the site of the reactor, have figured in suspect experiments, including clandestine plutonium separation attempts uncovered by the IAEA. If the information is accurate then Iran is "trying to get their nose in the tent" of reprocessing material potentially suitable for a warhead, said David Albright, whose Washington-based Institute for Science and International Security tracks suspect secret proliferators. "On the surface it may have nothing to do with making a bomb, but in the end that's what it could be about." IAEA spokespeople were unavailable Thursday but an official of the Vienna-based UN nuclear watchdog said the agency would not comment. He asked not to be named because he was not authorized to be quoted by name. Both Albright and a senior Vienna-based diplomat agreed that the alleged experiment roughly jibed with Saddam's efforts to chemically process research reactor fuel to recover enriched uranium - in the case of Baghdad, enough and at a sufficiently high level of enrichment to make a bomb. Close to success, the Iraqis saw their plans fail with the destruction of the Tuwaitha Nuclear Research Center during the first Gulf War of 1990-1991. "This is the 'Iraqi scenario,"' said the diplomat, referring to the alleged Iranian experiment. He - like the source of the intelligence - demanded anonymity because their information was restricted. But both he and Albright noted that the purported source for the fuel - Teheran's TNRC research reactor - was unlikely to have enough material for reprocessing into the core of a warhead. The five-megawatt reactor initially ran on weapons-grade uranium fuel enriched to 93 percent that was provided by the US in the late 1960s to the then pro-Washington regime. But measured in terms of potential proliferation, the amount was small - only 7 kilograms (15 pounds). Then, in the late 1980s, Argentina helped reconfigure the reactor core and provided about 115 kilograms (250 pounds)of uranium. In contrast to modern reactors that run on low-enriched fuel, that material was highly enriched to about 20 percent. Albright said that even optimal reprocessing would probably yield less than about half of the 30 kilograms (65 pounds) of weapons-grade uranium needed for a bomb. That restriction makes it unlikely that Iran was looking to the TNRC reactor for that immediate purpose. Instead, an Iranian reprocessing plans could be part of Teheran's attempts to push the nuclear envelope. US-led efforts for tough UN sanctions for Iran's refusal to suspend enrichment have been consistently blocked by Russia and China. Teheran also has support of developing countries traditionally suspicious of Washington. Defying weak sanctions, the Islamic Republic has moved further through enrichment toward developing weapons capability - now anywhere from six months to several years away, depending on the source. Iran may be banking on further international inaction if it announces it will reprocess, perhaps arguing that it will need it as a source for new fuel for the research reactor. If allowed to do so, it will have moved another step ahead on the path to being able to develop warhead material. "It's the idea that Iran wants to slowly develop nuclear weapons capability under the tent and it does it slowly so that people will accept it," said Albright. "It's (a matter of) keeping your head down, moving slowly and deliberately and winning at each step."

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
I cannot imagine why this could POSSIBLY be a surprise to anybody. This is exactly what Iran has been saying they are doing, and intending to do.So let's just all sit back and watch, then complain when they launch one of these at Israel.
rolleyes.gif

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(ffbruce;62248)
I cannot imagine why this could POSSIBLY be a surprise to anybody. This is exactly what Iran has been saying they are doing, and intending to do.So let's just all sit back and watch, then complain when they launch one of these at Israel.
rolleyes.gif

It's obviously one of the reasons I don't trust any country that is going to attack Jacob.

Follower

Oct 1, 2008
I can't believe anyone would believe this. Fool you once, shame on Bush Fool you again, shame on you. (Actually, Bush couldn't have pulled it off without people wanting war for any reason, shame on everyone who gave America to Obama and the Democrats for a campaign of murder in Iraq). What does the article actually say? An anonymous source says Iran has tested a method for recovering highly enriched uranium. It will almost certainly turn out that the source is unreliable or that this method is perfectly legitimate for low-grade enrichment (e.g. maybe it's just to test refined uranium to make sure they're not over-processing it). But, none of you betting on this to be evidence against Iran will care if Iran turns out to be innocent.What are the facts? International inspectors closely monitor all of Iran's uranium refining facilities. Even if Iran has done this, they can't make any use of it without being caught. I don't think some of you have any appreciation of how difficult it is to refine uranium. Iran is trying to separate atoms of uranium from atoms of uranium, atoms that all chemically react the same. Iran has spent years with thousands of space-age centrifuges in huge buildings just for a small amount of low-grade uranium (under 5% vs. 90% that's needed for weapons). The US and the UN monitor every bit of uranium that goes into the the country, every company in the world that could produce those centrifuges, and what Iran does with the refined uranium. Not only can you not appreciate the enormity of the task, you cannot appreciate how hard it is to hide. For example, the authorities in the US use radiation detectors to catch anyone who might be smuggling in radioactive materials in to America. Authorities stopped a car on an American highway after a car zoomed past a detector that was 80 feet away. The radioactive source turned out to be a cat that had undergone radiological treatment three days previously. To hide radiation, it and everything that comes close to it has to be behind lead for a very, very long time.If Iran were ever secretary making weapons-grade uranium, some Iranian would spill the beans and tell inspectors were to look. Or, do you think the Iranian source that would tell us about a new method wouldn't tell us about actual enrichment? Or, that someone of the hundreds of people who would have to be involved would never blow the whistle for reasons of money or for being disgruntled.Looking for excuses to bomb people is the business of Satan, not the business of saints.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Yeah right it says whatever Follower says it says after all You probably know more about Irans Nuclear weapons than the IAEA, Intellengence, UN or anyone else. Associated press is lying everyone is wrong but you.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(ffbruce;62248)
rolleyes.gif

You certainly got that right.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(christina;62266)
yeah right it says whatever follower says it says after all you probably know more about irans nuclear weapons than the iaea, intellengence, un or anyone else. Associated press is lying everyone is wrong but you.
Hahaha, XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

Follower

Oct 1, 2008
(Christina;62266)
Yeah right it says whatever Follower says it says after all You probably know more about Irans Nuclear weapons than the IAEA, Intellengence, UN or anyone else. Associated press is lying everyone is wrong but you.
How short is your memory? I've already quoted the unanimous combined report of the US intelligence agencies which says Iran does NOT have a nuclear weapons program. The IAEA and UN also do not say that Iran has a nuclear weapons program. But, you think all the real experts are lying and only some anonymous sources and the conspiracy theorists are telling the truth.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Follower;62276)
(Christina;62266)
How short is your memory? I've already quoted the unanimous combined report of the US intelligence agencies which says Iran does NOT have a nuclear weapons program. The IAEA and UN also do not say that Iran has a nuclear weapons program. But, you think all the real experts are lying and only some anonymous sources and the conspiracy theorists are telling the truth.How short is your soul knowing the knowledge of the Word of God?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Do you live in a vaccum they update all the time a one year old report that was contested at the time means nothing except in your mind It doesnt last forever what part of new evidence new documents do you not understand What part of Iran leaders are liars dont you get ? They are no differnt than the N. Koreans they lie cheat hide things ect. Im sorry but your beliefs and outdated proofs means nothing. You stay in your little box of denial but dont ask the rest of us in the real world to be blind to the facts.

Follower

Oct 1, 2008
(Jordan;62278)
How short is your soul knowing the knowledge of the Word of God?
What denomination or church are you a member of?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Follower;62281)
(Jordan;62278)
How short is your soul knowing the knowledge of the Word of God?
What denomination or church are you a member of?How about read my quote in my signature to see who I am with?(Christina;62280)
Do you live in a vaccum they update all the time a one year old report that was contested at the time means nothing except in your mind It doesnt last forever what part of new evidence new documents do you not understand What part of Iran leaders are liars dont you get ? They are no differnt than the N. Koreans they lie cheat hide things ect. Im sorry but your beliefs and outdated proofs means nothing. You stay in your little box of denial but dont ask the rest of us in the real world to be blind to the facts.
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

Follower

Oct 1, 2008
(Jordan;62284)
How about read my quote in my signature to see who I am with?
So, you don't take part in any formal fellowship of believers?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Follower;62287)
(Jordan;62284)
How about read my quote in my signature to see who I am with?
So, you don't take part in any formal fellowship of believers?I fellowship here.

Follower

Oct 1, 2008
(Christina;62280)
What part of Iran leaders are liars dont you get ?
Bush and McCain are liars. I don't know of the Iranian leaders are liars. But, it doesn't matter. The US intelligence agencies say Iran does not have a nuclear weapons program. Your belief that Iran is lying is based on nothing more than prejudice.
Im sorry but your beliefs and outdated proofs means nothing.
Sorry, an anonymous source that says Iran wants to know how to extract highly enriched uranium is not proof of anything. At best, it's a lead for inspectors to follow.I bet you went through this same insane murder game with Iraq. Any time someone would point out that Saddam didn't have WMDs and that Bush's evidence against Saddam was nonsense, you'd accuse them of all sorts of things. But, look who told the truth. Anytime someone proved a particular WMD claim of Bush' was nonsense, was Jordon around to retort against reason and evidence with "How short is your soul knowing the knowledge of the Word of God?"Many right-wring Christians, those who pushed for the Iraq war and now those who push for war with Iran, are guilty of murder as much as any pro-abortion liberal.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Iran tests ways of recovering weapons-grade uranium from spent nuclear fuelOctober 31, 2008, 10:20 AM (GMT+02:00) Nuclear research reactor in TehranThis intelligence assessment, disclosed to AP by a member of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), indicates that the Iranians are testing ways of using nuclear waste from the Bushehr reactor, which the Russians have pledged to finish by the end of the year or March, 2009, at latest. Moscow has provided the necessary fuel. Both Moscow and Iran claim the Bushehr reactor is purely for peaceful purposes. The spent fuel at issue as the source of the enriched uranium is not enough to yield the 30 kilos of weapons grade (90 percent enriched) material for a bomb, but is another step in that direction. DEBKAfile adds that Bushehr could provide enough nuclear waste for rapid production of several bombs or warheads.In a Kol Israel radio interview this week, Martin Indyk, former US ambassador to Israel and member of Barack Obama’s Middle East team, disclosed that US intelligence now reckons Iran will have between one and three nuclear bombs by the end of 2009. The tests, which loosely replicate Saddam Hussein’s attempt to build a bomb 20 years ago, were described by the source as “evaluating procedures for recycling fuel by dissolving fuel rods for irradiated waste, then reprocessing it for uranium metal,” which is used for nuclear warheads.The source material, says the intelligence report, would be highly enriched, some at above 90 percent and the rest at 20 percent. ““Sufficient data was collected for planning production lines for recovering the fuel,” according the assessment, which discloses the location of the experiments as Jaber ibn Hayan Laboratories in Tehran run by the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran. They will soon submit a report to the Iranian leadership for a decision on whether to go ahead with the project.

Follower

Oct 1, 2008
(Christina;62348)
Nuclear research reactor in TehranThis intelligence assessment, disclosed to AP by a member of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), indicates that the Iranians are testing ways of using nuclear waste from the Bushehr reactor, which the Russians have pledged to finish by the end of the year or March, 2009, at latest.
THE CURRENT US INTELLIGENCE POSITION IS THAT IRAN DOES NOT HAVE A NUCLEAR WEAPONS PROGRAM. Iran has not done a thing with the nuclear waste from the Bushehr reactor because it has not produced any waste as it is not yet completed. And, when it does produce waste, the IAEA will keep track of that waste as it is transferred to Russia.
In a Kol Israel radio interview this week, Martin Indyk, former US ambassador to Israel and member of Barack Obama’s Middle East team, disclosed that US intelligence now reckons Iran will have between one and three nuclear bombs by the end of 2009.
It is a lie that US intelligence now recons Iran will have 1 to 3 nukes next year. THE CURRENT US INTELLIGENCE POSITION IS THAT IRAN DOES NOT HAVE A NUCLEAR WEAPONS PROGRAM. If I'm wrong, I'll wait until I see the new US report, rather than take the word from the AP which didn't even see fit to quote from the source, a member of Obama's election campaign kissing up to the apartheid leaders on Isreali radio.

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(Follower;62354)
THE CURRENT US INTELLIGENCE POSITION IS THAT IRAN DOES NOT HAVE A NUCLEAR WEAPONS PROGRAM. Iran has not done a thing with the nuclear waste from the Bushehr reactor because it has not produced any waste as it is not yet completed. And, when it does produce waste, the IAEA will keep track of that waste as it is transferred to Russia.It is a lie that US intelligence now recons Iran will have 1 to 3 nukes next year. THE CURRENT US INTELLIGENCE POSITION IS THAT IRAN DOES NOT HAVE A NUCLEAR WEAPONS PROGRAM. If I'm wrong, I'll wait until I see the new US report, rather than take the word from the AP which didn't even see fit to quote from the source, a member of Obama's election campaign kissing up to the apartheid leaders on Isreali radio.
Any objective evidence to back up your claims?