Iran

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Final warning from Iran's Islamist rulers?--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Posted: May 10, 20061:00 a.m. EasternBy Laura Mansfield© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com Was yesterday's letter from Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to U.S. President George W. Bush a "last warning" of sorts? That's a possibility that must be considered in any analysis of the letter. It is indisputable that Iran's president has been openly hostile toward both the United States and Israel in recent months. The letter was openly hostile and derisive of the United States, claiming that the entire world has turned against America. Only minimal reference was made to the nuclear standoff, and no solutions were proposed, leading one of my colleagues to comment "looks like Iran has already adopted the 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' policy regarding the crisis." The 18-page document details Iran's complaints against the United States, and rails against U.S. policies both domestically and internationally. Iran's president describes the letter as the "words and opinions of the Iranian nation" to assist in finding "way out of problems" facing humanity. If the letter is anywhere near what is being described by the U.S. administration, then analysts must question: "What's the point?" Why create and deliver such a missive in the public eye when there is little chance that the document is going to make any changes in the policies of either country? Islamic theology documents that no attack can be carried out in jihad without first offering the "unbelievers" the opportunity to "repent" and accept Islam. Only when that overture is rejected can an attack occur. Al-Qaida has repeatedly issued warnings prior to attacks, although the warning are never specific enough for the West to recognize the exact target or timing of the attack. However, the warning is made. The Quran documents that Allah even is required to issue such warnings. The following three verses from the Quran are representative of the many that do this. Surah 50, ayat (verse) 14 of the Quran says: The Companions of the Wood, and the People of Tubba'; each one (of them) rejected the messengers, and My warning was duly fulfilled (in them). Surah 41, ayat (verse) 13 of the Quran says: If they turn away, then say, "I am warning you of a disaster like the disaster that annihilated 'Aad and Thamoud." Surah 41, ayat (verse) 17 of the Quran says: As for Thamoud, we provided them with guidance, but they preferred blindness over guidance. Consequently, the disastrous and shameful retribution annihilated them, because of what they earned. The question must be asked: Is this letter to the Bush administration from Iran a "final warning" to the United States? With the internationally accepted belief that the Islamist rulers of Iran and their al-Qaida partners in terror either already have or are on the verge of acquiring nuclear weapons, it is imperative that we answer that question. Note in the letter below where Ahmadinejad says the following: The holy Quran stresses this common word and calls on an followers of divine religions and says: [3.64] Say: O followers of the Book! Come to an equitable proposition between us and you that we shall not serve any but Allah and (that) we shall not associate aught. With Him and (that) some of us shall not take others for lords besides Allah, but if they turn back, then say: Bear witness that we are Muslims. (The Family of Imran). Mr. President, according to divine verses, we have all been called upon to worship one God and follow the teachings of divine prophets. We increasingly see that people around the world are flocking towards a main focal point - that is the Almighty God. Undoubtedly through faith in God and the teachings of the prophets, the people will conquer their problems. My question for you is: "Do you not want to join them?" The gist is this: Iran's president has just officially invited the United States to embrace Islam. This is not good.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the article hit the nail on the head. I seem to end up in a thread about Iran no matter the forum that I am in, but again, read up on the nations mentioned in Ezekiel 38 and 39 and look where they are and who they include.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Eye on Iran: Israel safe from Iran, US notTHE JERUSALEM POST Posted by Chris Warshaw, USA Despite the lunacy of Iran's Ahmadinejad, he is not stupid. He knows any nuclear strike on Israel will result in a crushing and overwhelming response. Israel has never been squeamish about punishing those who attack her. To kill a dog, you don't cut off the tail - you cut off the head. The US as the "Great Satan" is a much more likely target than the "Little Satan." A small nuclear device smuggled via an untraceable shipping container would have a devastating effect on any US port city. Multiply the effect of the World Trade Towers by a factor of a thousand. If the US was unable to definitively prove the origin of the nuke, it would be unable to respond in kind, and the world would clamor for restraint. The US economy would tank, and the US people would demand domestic security, blaming the US government's foreign policy and friendship with Israel for the attack. Yes, Ahmadinejad could care less about his people, if they die while waging jihad, they are assured of Paradise. If there is anyone the Fundamental Muslims hate more than the Jews, it is the Americans. ***

Lyte

Jul 12, 2006
I was watching CNN... I think it was.... this weekend and the commentator made the point that this administration (as with previous ones) has the policy of not talking to countries they don't like. I do NOT think this is the to deal with these problems! Ignoring them will not make them go away! If anything, they're going to start acting like little children and throw tantrums to get our attention... ala North Korea.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is, when you start talking to these leaders after they do this stuff, they realize that they can use it as a bargaining chip because it's all over our news and we suddenly listen to them. I agree that it seems that you would want to talk to them, but we've seen over and over again that it's counterproductive. If you continue to talk to them and hand out concessions each time, they're going to continue to cross those red lines. Look at North Korea for instance. They run a temper tantrum every year or two and then we forget about them. That's why you see players like Syria and Iran stir things up.The same thing has happened with terrorism, we pulled out of Beirut back in the 80s as well as some of the other places such as Somalia. Terrorism is in style because it has worked in some cases as we have seen.The same thing with the recent kidnappings over the past few years. If our media simply ignored them then they would not be so widespread. They're effective because they bring in lots of publicity and get some clamouring to bring people home and so forth.

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
I don't think "bargaining" with these countries would be very productive. There main objective is to bring Islamic rule throughout the world. I don't think they will be happy until Israel is gone; they're not interested in co-existing in peace.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
Isreal can hold its own. Even back when the Arab nations were supposed to be superior, they could not defeat Isreal. Today, Isreal is the big kid on the block. If we really want to hurt them, all we need to do (And this is a very BIG "All") Is o instigate a crash program of alternative energy, domestic oil production, and conservation. We then need to tell the Arab nations "Keep your oil! Drink it for all we care!" As long as we buy thier oil, we fund thier ventures.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
Not embrace Islam, just stop interfering in the region. We have manipulated and coerced the governemnts of the region since the end of WW2. I for one can't blame them for being upset with us.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
Once again, our ultimate weapon against them is not in our military. The first and most effective thing we can do right now is when we buy our next car, make sure it has 2 fewer cylinders than the one it is replacing. From there, advance alterantive energy programs as quickly as possible, expand our own oil production, and stop buying their oil.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
IRAN ADMITTES WE SUPPLIED ZELZAL ROCKETS-----------------------------------------------------------Iran admitted for the first time on Friday that it did indeed supply long-range Zelzal-2 missiles to Hizbullah. Secretary-general of the "Intifada conference" Mohtashami Pur told an Iranian newspaper that Iran transferred the missiles so that they could be used to defend Lebanon.