Irrevocable Gifts and Calling!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hey everyone!
The Lord gave me a word this morning. :huh:

Romans 11
28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, 31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.

Even though some may have strayed from their intended path....I have been taught the the gifts and the calling cannot be given back until the day we stand accountable before God. ... :)
What is your understanding of this verse??

Blessings!!!

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
I was thinking today about the fact that I have strayed from my path many times and made my life miserable b/c of it. When I was not walking in the Spirit, God did not usually activate my Spiritual insight. Then every time I came back to the way, he activated it again, so I would say that in my experience that is what it means.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Hey Angelina have a look at the Concordant Literal translation.

25 For I am not willing for you to be ignorant of this secret, brethren, lest you may be passing for prudent among yourselves, that callousness, in part, on Israel has come, until the complement of the nations may be entering.
26 And thus all Israel shall be saved, according as it is written, Arriving out of Zion shall be the Rescuer. He will be turning away irreverence from Jacob.
27 And this is my covenant with them Whenever I should be eliminating their sins.
28 As to the evangel, indeed, they are enemies because of you, yet, as to choice, they are beloved because of the fathers.
29 For unregretted are the graces and the calling of God.
30 For even as you once were stubborn toward God, yet now were shown mercy at their stubbornness,
31 thus these also are now stubborn to this mercy of yours, that now they also may be shown mercy.
32 For God locks up all together in stubbornness, that He should be merciful to all.

Looking at this verse within the context I would say it is dealing with Israel's call and God's grace towards all.