Is an end to violence and war realistic?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can always try, but as history has shown … war and violence will always exist.
Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try though.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is realistic because Isa. 2:2-4 and Mic. 4:2 says nations will be taught to not go to war against each other. They'll be too busy learning the ways of God and keeping His commandments to do that.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can always try, but as history has shown … war and violence will always exist.
You would be amazed at how many men have ended up shedding blood in the name of peace .
ALWAYS remember that . The problem is not with peace its with men .
This next will be the same . This all inclusive we are one letus have unity for world peace
Will end with the death of many who conformed not to it . MARK THOSE WORDS WELL .
Cause its not about world peace and unity , not really . The ones who ushered it in , DID SO for POWER and CONTROL .
ITs gonna end bad . Men and govts cannot , the church of Rome cannot , lead us into world peace and unity .
No , they do the work of elites and tis all about power and control and who is gonna sit where in the new kingdom of thier dead end utopian empire .
WE need to preach JESUS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You would be amazed at how many men have ended up shedding blood in the name of peace .
ALWAYS remember that . The problem is not with peace its with men .
This next will be the same . This all inclusive we are one letus have unity for world peace
Will end with the death of many who conformed not to it . MARK THOSE WORDS WELL .
Cause its not about world peace and unity , not really . The ones who ushered it in , DID SO for POWER and CONTROL .
ITs gonna end bad . Men and govts cannot , the church of Rome cannot , lead us into world peace and unity .
No , they do the work of elites and tis all about power and control and who is gonna sit where in the new kingdom of thier dead end utopian empire .
WE need to preach JESUS .

What do you think of Mother Teresa?

Reactions: amigo de christo

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same as i think about the buddists . Very nice , very giving , very kind , but very lost and did not KNOW JESUS .
Even mother oprah wimphrey can give millions , as does george sorros , but it dont mean they KNOW JESUS .

I see. So she’s on equal footing with Adolph Hitler. Understood.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see. So she’s on equal footing with Adolph Hitler. Understood.
As far as salvation . it looks that way. FOR YOU SEE , its not good works that will save a buddists , or an atheist
or anyone . And folks that can preach otherwise or beleive otherwise , dont KNOW CHRIST .
It dont matter if one does little evil or much evil , what matters is did they repent and truly KNOW JESUS .
POPE FRANCIS LIED to that poor dear child . Follow not a liar .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as salvation . it looks that way. FOR YOU SEE , its not good works that will save a buddists , or an atheist
or anyone . And folks that can preach otherwise or beleive otherwise , dont KNOW CHRIST .
It dont matter if one does little evil or much evil , what matters is did they repent and truly KNOW JESUS .
POPE FRANCIS LIED to that poor dear child . Follow not a liar .

I’m not even going to touch the subject of salvation here and your views, but going from the OP, Hitler is the king of war and Mother Teresa would be considered the Queen of Peace.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are your opinions?
No. It is set in stone.

"You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come."
Matthew 24:6-13

But Jesus also said "But take heart, I have overcome the world." So don't be afraid.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I fully agree Gary, but were you aware that the Bible states very clearly that there will be an end to violence and war sir?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. It is set in stone.

"You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come."
Matthew 24:6-13

But Jesus also said "But take heart, I have overcome the world." So don't be afraid.

Very true maam, but take heart because the Bible indicates that violence and war will actually be done away with in the future.

Reactions: DuckieLady

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fully agree Gary, but were you aware that the Bible states very clearly that there will be an end to violence and war sir?

Yes of course but I was reading your question as having a human-perspective not what God would do.
So, it’s not realistic that wars will end but that doesn’t mean we should not try or give up on peace.
Many people have tried in their ways to end violence and war and it has been good for humanity.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes of course but I was reading your question as having a human-perspective not what God would do.
So, it’s not realistic that wars will end but that doesn’t mean we should not try or give up on peace.
Many people have tried in their ways to end violence and war and it has been good for humanity.

Yes sir. Those of my faith reach out to others with the good news, in hopes that the message will change their heart. We promote peace by changing one heart at a time.

I would bet you believe the Word of God is alive and exerts power sir, the Bible definitely changes lives. Heb 4:12

Reactions: GaryAnderson