Is any one really happy here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Couldn’t have been taken away, had He not already came. By the way where do you believe the children came from?

That was referring to His crucifixion, but now we are awaiting the return of our ascended Bridegroom for the abiding bride of Christ soon.

Children of God and children of the Bridegroom is the same thing..

Reactions: Taken

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was referring to His crucifixion, but now we are awaiting the return of our ascended Bridegroom for the abiding bride of Christ soon.

Interesting, do you believe God would have children outside of wedlock?

Reactions: Giuliano

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The more I read His word independently the more I become Christ centered and less self centered, like you posted earlier I decrease in order for Him to increase?

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting, do you believe God would have children outside of wedlock?

When believing in Jesus Christ is how you have been reconciled to God and thus by that seal of adoption, you can God Father, you become a child of God and thus the child of the Bridegroom which is interchangeable with the abiding bride of the bridegroom for when the Bridegroom appears and why those not abiding in Him are considered children of disobedience.

Colossians 3:6For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
was gonna be my word lol, fwiw it has kind of degenerated into the current situation here, as moderation is pretty light. Which also has pluses, but yah. There seems to be a strong Catholic influence here, and my perception is that they are loathe to ex someone who, after all, needs Christ the most? But yah, the preponderance of those who cannot even hear or read enough to carry on a conversation gets a bit overwhelming

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more I read His word independently the more I become Christ centered and less self centered, like you posted earlier I decrease in order for Him to increase?

Probably the best example to give would be how I no longer follow Him by keeping my commitment to follow Him because that speaks of me keeping my commitment to do that. He as set me free from my commitment to follow Him by resting in Him and all His promises to me that He will help me to follow Him. I cannot do both. Either I decrease by relying on Him all the time or I am resorting to my own power when I speak of keeping my commitment to follow Him. So when I say I trust Him as my Good Shepherd to help me to follow Him; that speaks of Him and to His glory for why it is written that the just shall live by faith, but the keeping of my commitment was speaking of me and my efforts for why no one can see Him helping me.

It is either one or the other. Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous all speaks of commitments and whatever higher power they choose to help them but all credit goes to the addict by his keeping his commitment for which he gets a coin as credit for the length of time he kept his sobriety. Addicts can choose all kinds of weird higher power and people will roll their eyes when they credit it to that higher power but the religious of the world and God's own words says that a believer's commitment speaks of him and the work of his own hands; not God's. Numbers 30:2 & Ecclesiastes 5:4-7 That is why Jesus said not to make any oath, not even to swear by it at all, because we cannot make one hair white or black in Matthew 5:36

So when a believer speaks of his faith in Him, that speaks of Him to His glory.

When a believer speaks of his commitment to follow Him, it speaks to him and his glory for keeping it which is a false witness ( John 5:31 & John 7:18 )

Anyway, I think that is a good example of my decreasing and letting Him increase in how I follow Him, testifying to Him being the Good Shepherd He is.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aw. i feel for you sir. and i hope you find your way out of that ok
soon never comes, aight

When I die, I am present with the Lord.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

But I am referring to His promise in receiving me as the Bridegroom would since He is preparing a place for us, the abiding bride of Christ to be of the firstfruits of the resurrection as a vessel unto honor in His House;

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

But I am referring to His promise in receiving me as the Bridegroom would since He is preparing a place for us, the abiding bride of Christ;

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
John 11:26 KJV
[26] And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Tecarta Bible

Reactions: Enow

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably the best example to give would be how I no longer follow Him by keeping my commitment to follow Him because that speaks of me keeping my commitment to do that. He as set me free from my commitment to follow Him by resting in Him and all His promises to me that He will help me to follow Him. I cannot do both. Either I decrease by relying on Him all the time or I am resorting to my own power when I speak of keeping my commitment to follow Him. So when I say I trust Him as my Good Shepherd to help me to follow Him; that speaks of Him and to His glory for why it is written that the just shall live by faith, but the keeping of my commitment was speaking of me and my efforts for why no one can see Him helping me.

It is either one or the other. Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous all speaks of commitments and whatever higher power they choose to help them but all credit goes to the addict by his keeping his commitment for which he gets a coin as credit for the length of time he kept his sobriety. Addicts can choose all kinds of weird higher power and people will roll their eyes when they credit it to that higher power but the religious of the world and God's own words says that a believer's commitment speaks of him and the work of his own hands; not God's. Numbers 30:2 & Ecclesiastes 5:4-7 That is why Jesus said not to make any oath, not even to swear by it at all, because we cannot make one hair white or black in Matthew 5:36

So when a believer speaks of his faith in Him, that speaks of Him to His glory.

When a believer speaks of his commitment to follow Him, it speaks to him and his glory for keeping it which is a false witness ( John 5:31 & John 7:18 )

Anyway, I think that is a good example of my decreasing and letting Him increase in how I follow Him, testifying to Him being the Good Shepherd He is.

Something many people don't pick up in Romans 4 of Abraham . . . "was strong in faith, giving glory to God" . . . read this way, it sounds like Abraham strengthened himself, and gave God the glory.

It's a passive voice verb, Abraham "was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God". God's act of power in Abraham gives the glory to God.

Much love!

Great post, btw!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
yes, best of luck with that ok...it is a sad state, to me
sorry
8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord
boy, are you not going to like what that v surely really says prolly...most ppl read Paul to their destruction, yeh?
But I am referring to His promise in receiving me as the Bridegroom would since He is preparing a place for us, the abiding bride of Christ to be of the firstfruits of the resurrection as a vessel unto honor in His House;
you posit a future that is not required to conform to your expectations, and i hope you might contemplate the value of realizing all of the promises for today wadr

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have a somewhat different take on what trolls are. I think everyone basically wants to love and to be loved; but something's gone awry with trolls.

Some children grow up with parents who ignore them when they behaved well. You can see this sometimes in stores and other places where children try politely at first to get their parents' attention. They are ignored. Since they want attention, they start trying other techniques. Over time children cleverly figure out what sets their parents off. If you buy a child candy when he cries for it, he figures out all he has to do to get candy is burst into tears. Other parents seem to come to pieces when a child throws a tantrum. Some get embarrassed by a screaming child and will buy him anything he wants to shut him up. A child can figure out presses the parental buttons so the parent gives in.

When this sort of person grows up, he often seems not to realize other people aren't his parents. They won't buy him candy if he cries or throws a tantrum; but habits die hard. He still believes his antisocial behavior is an effective way to get what he wants. If you spot this in someone, the best thing to do is never, never, never let him get what he wants from you by "being bad." Figure out (if you can) what he wants and then see if you can get him to "be good." If so, reward him. Give him what he wants. That's helping break the old habit and create a healthier one.

Ha, ha, you may not believe it, but there are some people I like but I refuse to show it. I won't show it unless they shape up and start acting better. I know, yes I know, that deep down everyone is the same -- no matter how buried it may be, there is that "image and likeness of God" there somewhere. Everyone wants to "let the inner child" emerge -- everyone wants to love others and to be loved. It's a matter of feeling safe.

If you see a "troll" post something sensible, by all means give it a "like." If it's really good, you might even want to post and say so. Even if he's expressed contempt for you in the past, feel free to pay him a compliment when he's right and behaving well. It might not make a difference; but then again, who knows, it might.

There is another technique that might interest some people if they feel like putting the time into it. Trolls, even when close to their worst, are not usually 100% wrong. Sometimes you can see, here and there, things that you think are fine. You can ignore the bad bits and agree with the parts you find right and good. I think I should probably use this technique more myself.
I thought trolls were those very small people from Lord of the Rings?

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, best of luck with that ok...it is a sad state, to me
sorry

boy, are you not going to like what that v surely really says prolly...most ppl read Paul to their destruction, yeh?

you posit a future that is not required to conform to your expectations, and i hope you might contemplate the value of realizing all of the promises for today wadr

Jesus Christ being in me as the kingdom of Heaven is the reality for the living believers down here, but it is just as the same reality that we will live with God in Heaven, not just when we die, but when come the firstfruits of the resurrection for those who are found abiding in Christ to be received as vessels unto honor in His House when the Bridegroom comes after preparing a place, a mansion even, to live in our Father's House in our resurrected state. Those not found abiding in Him and His words in the KJV will be left behind to become vessels unto dishonor in His House when they are resurrected after the great tribulation.

The sorry state of affairs that I see you in is that you have been persecuted by anti-KJV campaigns to be offended by the word in the KJV to not rely on any Bible versions but your own interpretation of the scripture in the Greek and Hebrew... and somehow you believe in Apollo as reported by I think it was @Taken that had posted that? If he did not say that in sarcasm , then it is a sorry state indeed to see you in wadr.

The Good News is about Jesus Christ. There is no way you can see that about Apollo by reading the scripture in Hebrew & the Greek. He is the Good News because by believing in Him is how you are saved. Once saved, that foundation is laid by Jesus Christ which can never be removed and neither can you lose that seal of adoption, but what you build on that foundation will be judged by how you will be received; as a vessel unto honor for the firstfruits of the resurrection or as a vessel unto dishonor to be resurrected later on after the great tribulation. Only God the Father can reveal His Son to you as God, and Jesus can help you understand the truth in His words by giving you eyes to see and ears to hear, but trusting Him has to come first.

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Pray that prayer, bro.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enow ~
( bbyrd009) was telling me for 40 years he worshipped Apollo, who "he" said was Jesus, and then Dictated, to me, my god was Apollo.
:eek:

It is Jesus' teaching...from a child..to allow a child to come to Him...
The Purpose: is for the child TO Hear Jesus' Truth...so When the child grows and leaves the mother and father ...the child "is Armed with the Truth"...Against ALL man- made malarkey that IS World Wide.

When a parent, does or does not arm the child with Jesus' TRUTH...the child still leaves mommy and daddy...and hears the World-Wide teaching of men's Philosophies, men's MADE-up Doctrines.....(and this world- renown Name Jesus)...

The curiosity puts that person on a discovery mission...trying on...this and that religion like fashion, that is dictated by a few, to be changed every few years as it comes in and out of vogue.

If they can settle on one religion that is quick, easy, without effort, but promises only good things...it's appealing...until all is not good...and they try another religion...or scrap religion altogether.

And of course we have "society's" influence that JUST, no longer means Right...but rather FAIR. You "should" be able to be FREE to do whatever you want, without accountablity.

And not to overlook, the free public government run schools mission of teaching...
Independence means while you are freely doing what you "want", without accountability...you must be totally Dependant upon the Government for your "needs". )After all, while the government produces or manufactures nothing...it is (somehow magically :rolleyes:) wealthy beyond belief...to FAIRLY provide the "needs" of every person domestic or foreign.)

Every man must choose for himself, WHO and WHAT He will willingly give control over his life. (And BY observance...a lotta People have chosen to be:
1) a Governments dependents.
2) SUBJECT TO men's doctrines

God Bless,
Taken

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enow ~
( bbyrd009) was telling me for 40 years he worshipped Apollo, who "he" said was Jesus, and then Dictated, to me, my god was Apollo.
:eek:

It is Jesus' teaching...from a child..to allow a child to come to Him...
The Purpose: is for the child TO Hear Jesus' Truth...so When the child grows and leaves the mother and father ...the child "is Armed with the Truth"...Against ALL man- made malarkey that IS World Wide.

When a parent, does or does not arm the child with Jesus' TRUTH...the child still leaves mommy and daddy...and hears the World-Wide teaching of men's Philosophies, men's MADE-up Doctrines.....(and this world- renown Name Jesus)...

The curiosity puts that person on a discovery mission...trying on...this and that religion like fashion, that is dictated by a few, to be changed every few years as it comes in and out of vogue.

If they can settle on one religion that is quick, easy, without effort, but promises only good things...it's appealing...until all is not good...and they try another religion...or scrap religion altogether.

And of course we have "society's" influence that JUST, no longer means Right...but rather FAIR. You "should" be able to be FREE to do whatever you want, without accountablity.

And not to overlook, the free public government run schools mission of teaching...
Independence means while you are freely doing what you "want", without accountability...you must be totally Dependant upon the Government for your "needs". )After all, while the government produces or manufactures nothing...it is (somehow magically :rolleyes:) wealthy beyond belief...to FAIRLY provide the "needs" of every person domestic or foreign.)

Every man must choose for himself, WHO and WHAT He will willingly give control over his life. (And BY observance...a lotta People have chosen to be:
1) a Governments dependents.
2) SUBJECT TO men's doctrines

God Bless,
Taken

Thank you for sharing, but don't forget to mention Who we are to be subjected to; the Word of God, hence the Lord Jesus Christ in trusting Him as our Good Shepherd to help us to follow Him. That is why little children are free to come to Him for all they can do is trust the Lord at His word.

Mark 10:13 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. 14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. 15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Apollos waters is invoked in Scripture for those who believe they will go somewhere and have an "afterlife" after they have literally died, just like ppl in the Cult of Sol Invictus did.

A search of "Mithraism and" does not auto-complete for "Christianity" for nothing, ladies

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apollos waters is invoked in Scripture for those who believe they will go somewhere and have an "afterlife" after they have literally died, just like ppl in the Cult of Sol Invictus did.

A search of "Mithraism and" does not auto-complete for "Christianity" for nothing, ladies

I believe you are using scripture out of context for how that phrase was to mean. Apollos is the name of a person, a believer in ministry as Paul was that planted the seed.

1 Corinthians 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? 4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? 5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

This was to stop the carnal division from occurring by how certain sects of believers were wishing to be identified by. You did not get that message through your translation of the Greek & Hebrew.

1 Corinthians 3:21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's; 22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's; 23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

This is the Apollos referenced by Paul below. This same Apollos was a Jew who was very wise in scripture until Aquila & Priscilla showed the scripture more perfectly for why he became a believer in Jesus Christ to show afterwards by the scripture how Jesus was Christ.

Acts 18:23 And after he had spent some time there, he departed, and went over all the country of Galatia and Phrygia in order, strengthening all the disciples. 24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus. 25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. 26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly. 27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace: 28 For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publicly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.

So do consider converted Apollos as that Apollos that was watering believers in the word at Corinth. So be like Apollos and study the scripture in the O.T. more perfectly for how they testify and prove Jesus was Christ.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

When you come to Jesus for eternal life as Apollos has done thru the scripture in the O.T., then you know you are using the word of God more perfectly, thanks to Jesus Christ.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing, but don't forget to mention Who we are to be subjected to;

True...expected already acknowledged by the Converted.

the Word of God, hence the Lord Jesus Christ in trusting Him as our Good Shepherd to help us to follow Him. That is why little children are free to come to Him for all they can do is trust the Lord at His word.

Mark 10:13 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. 14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. 15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

TY God Bless,
Taken

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

True...expected already acknowledged by the Converted.

TY God Bless,
Taken

Sometimes believers forget and wind up being a defender of their church as if it can do no wrong rather than being a defender of the faith in Jesus Christ.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes believers forget and wind up being a defender of their church as if it can do no wrong rather than being a defender of the faith in Jesus Christ.

True...and some ignore the foundational "Rock" of any Church's Foundation "IS The Cornerstone," upon all of which the rest of the stones are added..."when" the adherence of any "Church" IS "Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God"...and attendees of that church, Confess the Same..."Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God", which in effect adds another stone/member to Christ's (non- man-made) Spiritual Church.

God Bless,
Taken