Is any one really happy here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting, do you believe God would have children outside of wedlock?

God does not have children of "His" SEED outside of Wedlock.

A man is ALREADY SEALED in Wedlock, when he becomes Converted...in His Son, Adopted as Gods OWN child...and Prepared for the Marriage Ceremony, with All of His Converted Adopted Children.

It follows Hebrew Marriage Laws.
A woman having been promised to a man in wedlock...betrothed, (what we might called Engaged)...is considered and treated as a True YES by consent, and already One, while they prepare for the Ceremony, feasts, guests and establishment of their home.

Glory to God,
Taken

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not have children of "His" SEED outside of Wedlock.

A man is ALREADY SEALED in Wedlock, when he becomes Converted...in His Son, Adopted as Gods OWN child...and Prepared for the Marriage Ceremony, with All of His Converted Adopted Children.

It follows Hebrew Marriage Laws.
A woman having been promised to a man in wedlock...betrothed, (what we might called Engaged)...is considered and treated as a True YES by consent, and already One, while they prepare for the Ceremony, feasts, guests and establishment of their home.

Glory to God,
Taken
According to Hebrew marriage laws when does the consummation take place?

@Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aw. i feel for you sir. and i hope you find your way out of that ok
soon never comes, aight

those who cannot even hear or read enough to carry on a conversation gets a bit overwhelming

You seem to overlook...much of what you hear and read has already been heard, read and dismissed...not much different than you dismissing what others have heard and read and trust, from Scriptural source.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Hebrew marriage laws when does the consummation take place?

@Taken

A humans Consummation IS an Act of Physical Intercourse...and of A Hebrew / Jewish / Christian Wedding the Physical Act of Intercourse takes place After the Ceremony.
(typically the words the cleric speaks over a Bride and Groom, the Bride and Groom "seal each other with a kiss", in agreement with the Clerics words)

God is Spirit.
God does not have Physical Intercourse with any person.
His Word, Power, and Authority is Sufficient to Join any person, unto His Son and declare them SEALED unto Him.

2 Cor 1:
[22] Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Glory to God,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I believe you are using scripture out of context for how that phrase was to mean. Apollos is the name of a person, a believer in ministry as Paul was
well ive come to srsly doubt that, but that sure doesnt mean it cant be true either i guess. Like many other Scriptural concepts tho, this is not in a vacuum, all by itself iow; No one has ever gone up to heaven, There is only One Immortal, and other refs help make the case imo
You did not get that message through your translation of the Greek & Hebrew.
lol, how can you be so sure?
but as it happens the kjv works fine for that too :)
So do consider converted Apollos as that Apollos that was watering
well, i started there about 45 years ago, and tbh didnt expect that to ever change; but wadr you are asking me to consider the obvious, so ill say that there is nothing wrong with taking Apollos literally if you like, as far as im concerned, but i wont be going back i guess
any idea what this word means?
for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions
iow the subtitle of this board, yeh?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You seem to overlook...much of what you hear and read has already been heard, read and dismissed...not much different than you dismissing what others have heard and read and trust, from Scriptural source.
hey, i dont blame you a bit, and i wish you the best ok, bam go with what seems best to you. As i have already said plenty i do not know, and i am a happy guy :D

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A humans Consummation IS an Act of Physical Intercourse...and of A Hebrew / Jewish / Christian Wedding the Physical Act of Intercourse takes place After the Ceremony.
(typically the words the cleric speaks over a Bride and Groom, the Bride and Groom "seal each other with a kiss", in agreement with the Clerics words)

God is Spirit.
God does not have Physical Intercourse with any person.
His Word, Power, and Authority is Sufficient to Join any person, unto His Son and declare them SEALED unto Him.

2 Cor 1:
[22] Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Glory to God,
Taken
Having a hard time understanding all this talk of a futuristic wedding to take place.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True...and some ignore the foundational "Rock" of any Church's Foundation "IS The Cornerstone," upon all of which the rest of the stones are added..."when" the adherence of any "Church" IS "Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God"...and attendees of that church, Confess the Same..."Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God", which in effect adds another stone/member to Christ's (non- man-made) Spiritual Church.

God Bless,
Taken

I believe deception can come in when they broaden the spotlight to include something else, be it the church or even the Holy Spirit to be in that spotlight when the abiding church and the indwelling Holy Spirit will always keep the spotlight on the Son in worship, fellowship, and prayer. The cause and effect would be to move them away from their rest in Jesus Christ in living that reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ, the Bridegroom. Some will wind up climbing up mountains of religious yokes that the church puts on them to be identified by that church just as some will go to the hills and valley of emotional highs and lows in these movements of the spirit in chasing after them for a sign.

Since Jesus Christ is the Head of every believer, it is in that direction the church, the body of believers, should be edifying one another in His love; no other direction; not the church herself and not even after spirits but after Christ Jesus, the Bridegroom in relating to God the Father by.

Reactions: Taken

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well ive come to srsly doubt that, but that sure doesnt mean it cant be true either i guess. Like many other Scriptural concepts tho, this is not in a vacuum, all by itself iow; No one has ever gone up to heaven, There is only One Immortal, and other refs help make the case imo

For you to take Apollos in that way from that scripture, then who or what is Paul? You have to apply everything in that verse if you believe your application is done right, let alone your translation. Are you confusing the meaning of that guy's name for how you are applying him or what?

lol, how can you be so sure?
but as it happens the kjv works fine for that too :)

KJV works fine as long as you trust Jesus Christ as your Good Shepherd to show the truth in His words. John 5:39-40 says scripture is to testify of Jesus Christ for us to come to Him for life, not Apollos.

well, i started there about 45 years ago, and tbh didnt expect that to ever change; but wadr you are asking me to consider the obvious, so ill say that there is nothing wrong with taking Apollos literally if you like, as far as im concerned, but i wont be going back i guess

Well, it is obvious to me but in trying to understand your point of view about Apollos, you have to explain who or what Paul is then. Otherwise you are making up your own religion taking things out of context for how you are interpreting His words to mean.

any idea what this word means?
Word search has this list of references at Bible Gateway.

BibleGateway - Keyword Search: Achaia

But if you want a general idea to where that place is on the map...western Greece.

Achaia where is? - Bing

iow the subtitle of this board, yeh?

Yes, but as there must be contentions when people bring in something where we all wind up not speaking the same thing nor holding to the same judgment.

1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. 10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. 12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. 13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

And yet you wish to be of Apollos?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
For you to take Apollos in that way from that scripture, then who or what is Paul?
Meaning
Small
A Small Whisper That Propagates Into A Roaring Multitude
Etymology
From the adjective paulus, little or small.
From (1) the verb פעה (pa'a), to propagate a call for support, and (2) the letter ל (lamed), onto.

perhaps
The name Saul: Summary

Meaning
Asked For
Etymology
From the verb שאל (sha'al), to ask or ask for.
Related names
KJV works fine as long as you trust Jesus Christ as your Good Shepherd to show the truth in His words.
are you just dying to preach to someone, anyone? Or what? i mean, no offense man, but listen to yourself! You dont think this is maybe just a little bit offensive, being lectured to about the obvious? If you want to preach that bad, why not go get ordained?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hey, i dont blame you a bit, and i wish you the best ok, bam go with what seems best to you. As i have already said plenty i do not know, and i am a happy guy :D

Of course I ELECT my source, just as you do.
I am sure of my source...and you appear wavering, not convinced.
Hope you choose to get on with learning what the Lord has for you to know.

Glad you are happy...so am I.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having a hard time understanding all this talk of a futuristic wedding to take place.

I would suggest a study of marriages of men...inanutshell...the father "gives" his daughter to be wedlocked to he whom the father "gives" his daughter.

That is a typical "manner" of wedlock among men.

God "gave" Jesus authority over Jews...and Jesus "gave" authority to His Disciples to teach Gods Word, Which through Paul, Jesus' authority extended to Jews and Gentiles, for Paul to teach Both.

The Word of God teaches of a Ceremonial JOINING, Before invited witnesses (heavenly saints/ guests), of the Lamb of God and HIS Wife.

Rev 19
[7] Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

The marriage of The Lamb, is an Honorable Ceremony unto Jesus...WHERE by His WIFE is presented before the Guests.

His Wife, is already His prepared Wife...Wholly WHOLE, (body, soul, spirit) SEALED unto Him, by her Election to be subjected unto Him...and His Power and Authority to Accept her...(and Her/wife applies to mankind...male/female...no difference Spiritually with the Lord)

While there are parallels and common language of what applies in the Spirit is similar to what Applies in the natural man...
There are still Great differences between God and mankind.

Glory to God,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
When I die, I am present with the Lord.
but now we are awaiting the return of our ascended Bridegroom

And yet you wish to be of Apollos?
i think the shame here is that being as how we get officially "saved" but dont bother with the rest of the stuff, we are still judgemental of other camps, so "mithraism" or "cult of sol" come across as evil trees, when really that was just the major accepted religion then, and believers recognized it then just like believers recognize Christianity today; bc it is what is down on the corner, out in the streets. And surely for the same reasons, too, which simply answering what did you go out into the wilderness to see? will reveal imo, but anyway, there is no judgement for beliefs that i can find.

As far as i am concerned you can wait to literally die to be present with "the Lord" if you want to, ok
or waiting for a Return too, if you prefer. And all the going to some other place, or the Son moving around, is completely coincidental to Mithraism anyway, almost surely prolly

r1xlx

Feb 26, 2020
HESSLE
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks :)
The reason I ask is because I have only been here a little over a week and was nicely welcomed, but shortly after that at least one welcomer who really post's a lot here,
turned on me and attacked me pretty harshly, and then a woman here did the same thing. Hey , I've only been here a week and consider myself a pretty, friendly guy, and pretty happy.
I ended up using the "IGNORE Feature" and that helped a lot.

But boy,after reading other posts and topics and how people go at it with each other, with NO LOVE INTENDED, It feels like I'm on one of my other Non-Christian forums, where people like to tear into each other brutally, with no intentions but to destroy their perceived foes..
I thought there was supposed to be a difference :eek:
I came here to enjoy sharing in Christ's word, and sharing in different opinions and different perspectives, but I'm wondering how to do that now.

I'm not a fighter and wouldn't think I should need THICK SKIN to be here, but it's almost like people come here to be "GLADIATORS" to fight in the arena of Christian warfare.

I didn't come here to "SURVIVE", but hoped to THRIVE, but maybe that isn't the point here.

Maybe someone here can help me out, and give me some advise - like maybe ...run for your life:).
red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

My name is OLIGOS
Don't run! Stay and fight for the truth!
What you see as vicious infighting is simply that some people have been raised with so many twisted doctrines that it is really annoying and frustrating to try reason with them.
The vast majority of Chrsitians on this website have been indoctrinated to believe that on death they immediately fly off to heaven despite there not being a single Bible verse to back it up.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i think the shame here is that being as how we get officially "saved" but dont bother with the rest of the stuff, we are still judgemental of other camps, so "mithraism" or "cult of sol" come across as evil trees, when really that was just the major accepted religion then, and believers recognized it then just like believers recognize Christianity today; bc it is what is down on the corner, out in the streets. And surely for the same reasons, too, which simply answering what did you go out into the wilderness to see? will reveal imo, but anyway, there is no judgement for beliefs that i can find.

Well for what Christianity is about and it is about Jesus Christ, the One that had died for you, as in no greater love than that, you really do not have to go to any other name in living that reconciled relationship with God by.

As far as i am concerned you can wait to literally die to be present with "the Lord" if you want to, ok
or waiting for a Return too, if you prefer. And all the going to some other place, or the Son moving around, is completely coincidental to Mithraism anyway, almost surely prolly

The Lord is in me and is with me always for how you apply the kingdom of Heaven is within me. I just don't limit Him to here is all.

Jesus talks about being in 2 places when He goes away to the Father.

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also..... 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.... 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you......... 25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. 27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. 29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

So His Father is greater than Jesus as any father in any family is greater than the son by authority and by asking you that believe in God to also believe in Him, is to testify to His deity within that Three Witnesses within the One God. May God the Father reveal His Son to you that Jesus is God.