Is God Above His own Law?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
River Jordan said:
The bigger question for me isn't whether God is above His law (I don't think He needs to be), but are we? If God says "Thou shalt not murder", but then commands someone to kill
Somebody needs to look up in the dictionary a difference between "murder" and "kill". Apparently you do not know the difference. You are clearly using them interchangeably in the same sentence. Poor English language skills or very biased mind? Which one is it?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmmm.... is it anymore 'loving' to kill someone rather than murdering them?

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
aspen said:
Does God define His own morality through His actions or is He limited by His character and morality?

God defines His own character and morality so He is not limited by anybody but Himself.

aspen said:
hmmm.... is it anymore 'loving' to kill someone rather than murdering them?
Oh yet another poor fella with poor English..... What can you do? Have an ESL class for everybody? I had one. English is my third langauge but some people around here have yet to master their own native tongue.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice side step Suhar.....is killing anymore loving than murder? We are all guilty and deserve death so how is killing any different than murder from God's point of view? Also, if God is merciful, how can he randomnly kill someone and spare another and remain merciful?

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
aspen said:
Nice side step Suhar.....is killing anymore loving than murder?
All I know the same God that said "shall not murder" ordered to kill a whole lot of people that needed to be killed. Read up on Old Testament. God does not change. It is not in His nature to change. What was true then is true now.

When Moses came down with Ten Commandments one of which was "shall not murder" he had to kill a whole lot of people who did not want to obey God!

http://biblehub.com/exodus/32-28.htm

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If what you are saying is true than you worship a tyrant - an unknoweable, unloveable despot. A creature that created conscious beings with the capacity to break (become less than perfect) and then torture them for doing what they were designed to do. We cannot love anyone who is unpredictable, violent, and vindictive. It is impossible - all we can do is fear such a creature. Really, your relationship with such a creature is akin to an abusive marriage rather than a healthy, loving child-parent relationship.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
aspen said:
If what you are saying is true than you worship a tyrant
Speak for yourself. I worship and love God who is truly loving and punishes the evil when it needs to be punished. If you believe in God who tolerates it then suit yourself.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is most certainly tolerant - the Bible describes Him as a long suffering. All you have to do is recognize the evil allowed to exist all around us.

John the Baptist preached retrobutive justice - sinners must be punished - Jesus counted him as "the least in the Kingdom"
Jesus taught restorative justice - He justified us in order to restore us, not punish us.

We cannot love what we fear.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
aspen said:
God is most certainly tolerant - the Bible describes Him as a long suffering. All you have to do is recognize the evil allowed to exist all around us.

John the Baptist preached retrobutive justice - sinners must be punished - Jesus counted him as "the least in the Kingdom"
Jesus taught restorative justice - He justified us in order to restore us, not punish us.

We cannot love what we fear.
Answer my question. Did Moses who came down with "shall not murder" commandment in his hand have to kill thousands of his own brethren who deserved it or not?

If you love God you do not have to fear Him.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Suhar said:
Somebody needs to look up in the dictionary a difference between "murder" and "kill". Apparently you do not know the difference. You are clearly using them interchangeably in the same sentence. Poor English language skills or very biased mind? Which one is it?
So do you believe killing a 1 month old baby is ever justified?

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
River Jordan said:
So do you believe killing a 1 month old baby is ever justified?

Ahhh... the babies... always something to hide the illiteracy behind!

Is there a difference between "murder" and "kill"? Yes or no and can they be used interchangeably in the same sentence like you used it?

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Yes, there's a difference between murder and killing. Murder is a legal term referring to an unjustified act of killing a person. All murders are killings, but not all killings are murders.

So now that I've answered your question, how about answering mine? Do you believe killing a 1 month old baby is ever justified?

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
River Jordan said:
Do you believe killing a 1 month old baby is ever justified?
Yes.

Hosea 9:11-16

Ezekiel 9:5-7

Exodus 12:29-30

In some cases it is necessary. God says so. You do not like that kind of God? Do not Follow Him.

Is some cases circumstances created by their parents are so horrible and so wicked that those children out of mercy are better off dead and gone to Heaven then being alive and used in wickedness of their fathers and mothers.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
KingJ said:
Suhar, don't even waste your time. Some here can't look further then their noses.

God can make warriors out of pacifists, healers out of murderers, lovers out of haters, patient out of inpatient...........

Time does not matter only souls are.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Suhar said:
Yes.

Hosea 9:11-16

Ezekiel 9:5-7

Exodus 12:29-30

In some cases it is necessary. God says so. You do not like that kind of God? Do not Follow Him.

Is some cases circumstances created by their parents are so horrible and so wicked that those children out of mercy are better off dead and gone to Heaven then being alive and used in wickedness of their fathers and mothers.
I agree with Aspen.....WOW. :huh:

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
It's ironic how on one thread, some Christians are chastising Islam for being so evil and violent, while at the same time arguing that killing babies is justified under Christianity.

That's the "wow".... :eek:

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
River Jordan said:
It's ironic how on one thread, some Christians are chastising Islam for being so evil and violent, while at the same time arguing that killing babies is justified under Christianity.

That's the "wow".... :eek:

Still cannot argue with word of God. God is purely good but violence is sometimes necessary.