Is God synonymous with Truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the bible, the devil is called the father of lies.

In terms of symmetry, this could mean: God is the Father of Truth.

To know God, we must seek and know Truth. For Truth is God.

(In an attempt to deduce and derive further, might it be said):

Those who turn their backs on Truth, turn their backs on God.

Those who do not know Truth, cannot know God.

Seeking God and his kingdom, is a process of becoming a truthseeker who searches for Truth in everything.

Please share with me, something legitimate and real about these ideas.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the bible, the devil is called the father of lies.

In terms of symmetry, this could mean: God is the Father of Truth.

To know God, we must seek and know Truth. For Truth is God.

(In an attempt to deduce and derive further, might it be said):

Those who turn their backs on Truth, turn their backs on God.

Those who do not know Truth, cannot know God.

Seeking God and his kingdom, is a process of becoming a truthseeker who searches for Truth in everything.

Please share with me, something legitimate and real about these ideas.
1 John 4:8 and 1 John 4:16 tell us God is love. Are truth and love the same thing?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello space Karen,

God would be synonymous with truth. It seems that by faith, God truthfully decided to create a world to put human beings on. Truth is something that will set a person free. Jesus claims he is the way, the truth, and the life. Jesus spoke truth, and done the will of his Father even while temptations had come about upon the Lord, even with the Devil tempting him. Truth is something that should be sought after to become free.

John 8:29-32

King James Version

29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.​

30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

To study under the Lord, even the Old Testament and all the apostle records to search also for the truth in the history of the sent letters and what the area was like at the time, and the community.

It will be an effort partaking to learn and grow in abiding in Christ to ask God to help by the spirit, and take notes as you go along the narrative so you don’t get lost and believe the Bible is speaking to you; even though it does judge the content of our heart and it’s sufficient enough in condemning a person by hearing the word; but to understand what is going on in the context and the narrative in taking notes should help your overall experience when seeking out the truth by testing everything by the spirit and hold on to what is good.

May God help, and the spirit guide, these are my opinions, with the use of scripture.

May the truth set people free to live for God and to live in faith and to walk by the spirit, loving God first and loving others as you self.

Reactions: Nancy