Is God trying to tell me something?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TooInvolved1

Jan 22, 2008
As some of you may know, I've been struggling with my faith for a while and even considered not being a Christian anymore.Over the last few months, I've started having fears about my death although I'm young. I started thinking I should get a will drawn up in case something happens.The other day I was diagnosed with a "small touch" of Long QT Syndrome, which can lead to sudden death! I'm scared now. The doc downplayed the severity of my condition but put me on meds right away. This appears to be the condition that many young, seemingly healthy athletes die from suddenly. Maybe God really was trying to tell me something? Could I really be dying? Should I read the handwriting on the wall?Or is this fear another satanic trick?

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(TooInvolved1;52674)
As some of you may know, I've been struggling with my faith for a while and even considered not being a Christian anymore.Over the last few months, I've started having fears about my death although I'm young. I started thinking I should get a will drawn up in case something happens.The other day I was diagnosed with a "small touch" of Long QT Syndrome, which can lead to sudden death! I'm scared now. The doc downplayed the severity of my condition but put me on meds right away. This appears to be the condition that many young, seemingly healthy athletes die from suddenly. Maybe God really was trying to tell me something? Could I really be dying? Should I read the handwriting on the wall?Or is this fear another satanic trick?
I am not unsympathetic to your news as it would be quite disconcerting to hear that I have a condition that might take my life. But I think the operative word is "might". You mentioned that your condition has caused other athletes to suddenly die? Was it the condition that caused the death or was it other aspects of lifestyle? If you know about it now is there anything that you can do to slow the progression of this condition in order to live longer, should this condition actually be the life taking factor for you? My suggestion is to find out what you can, do what you need to and take the Lord's hand so that He can guide you through this. The enemy will use your fears and weaknesses, so perhaps the best thing you can do is to throw down the fears and learn as much about the condition as you can while holding tightly to the Lord's hand for strength.I will pray for you regarding your struggle you have with your faith. I will also pray that the Lord bring comfort and peace into your life so that no matter what is going to happen your relationship with Him is firm.many blessings to you

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(TooInvolved1;52674)
As some of you may know, I've been struggling with my faith for a while and even considered not being a Christian anymore. Over the last few months, I've started having fears about my death although I'm young. I started thinking I should get a will drawn up in case something happens. The other day I was diagnosed with a "small touch" of Long QT Syndrome, which can lead to sudden death! I'm scared now. The doc downplayed the severity of my condition but put me on meds right away. This appears to be the condition that many young, seemingly healthy athletes die from suddenly. Maybe God really was trying to tell me something? Could I really be dying? Should I read the handwriting on the wall? Or is this fear another satanic trick?
Well I'm just taking a shot in the dark here, but do you think that your fear of death might be connected to your insecurities about where you will spend eternity?For instance, I am going on a mission trip this summer and I just got some information about the trip mailed to me. We are going in the prime of hurricane season to a city with one of the highest crime rates in all of mexico, mostly related to random street violence. And the whole point of our trip is to find the poorest and most ungodly parts of the city and help the people there. We're not even suppost to unpack in the hotel because apparently its not uncommon to be mugged by hotel staff. Not exactly the safest place to be, but worst case senario is I die and then what...I am reunited with my creator. Doesn't sound that bad to me.

TooInvolved1

Jan 22, 2008
Hi,Thanks for your replies...Are my fears connected to my concerns about where I'll go for eternity? I think maybe. Although I've been a believer for a while, I've become angry at God and have pulled away after a recent traumatic situation.They say "once saved always saved," but some peopl also say if you backslide and never repent maybe the person was never saved to begin with...

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(TooInvolved1;52935)
Hi,Thanks for your replies...Are my fears connected to my concerns about where I'll go for eternity? I think maybe. Although I've been a believer for a while, I've become angry at God and have pulled away after a recent traumatic situation.They say "once saved always saved," but some peopl also say if you backslide and never repent maybe the person was never saved to begin with...
The bible says you reeceive salvation (a new life, God's nature) by receiving His Spirit - see Titus 3:5-6, Acts 2:4, 33, 39.If you receive that but then turn to something else you won't be saved at the end, unless you repent again."Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off." (Romans 11:22)