Is Ignorance A Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is ignorance sinful?

What do people think?

Depends on the circumstances.

Being in ignorance after disregarding offered knowledge is sinful without remedy.

Being in ignorance prior to an opportunity to receive knowledge is still sinful, but forgiveness is attainable.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's an old saying around these parts: Ignorance can be fixed by knowledge, but stupid is forever. :Broadly:

One of those parables of Jesus that I don't like:

47 And that slave who knew his master’s will and did not get ready or act in accordance with his will, will receive many blows, 48 but the one who did not know it, and committed acts deserving of a beating, will receive only a few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more. (Luke 12:47-48)

Yeah, we will be held accountable for what we've been taught. That's the way things work, both in the Bible in in the world. It doesn't mean we'll get kicked out of the Father's house, but actions always have consequences, and we will be held responsible for the moral choices we make in this life, just like any child growing up. I understand it; I don't have to like it.

So, maybe ignorance is bliss.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ignorance is not a sin. But it is seeking God that gives us the desire to know the truth.