Is infant baptism from the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes looking back over my life I can see that from that time on when I was ten, God had his hand on me even though after my initial response there was no nurturing either at home or in Sunday school. I was allowed to go my own way until I was 35 and came back to Jesus.
It's such a blessing to look back and see how the Lord led us: 'Ebenezer', 'Hitherto hath the LORD helped us...' (1 Samuel 7.12).... :)

Reactions: Pearl

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes looking back over my life I can see that from that time on when I was ten, God had his hand on me even though after my initial response there was no nurturing either at home or in Sunday school. I was allowed to go my own way until I was 35 and came back to Jesus.
Amen! The same applies to me! I was wandering off into the occult, until He shook my foundation with a vivid dream/vision of 1 Timothy 4[1] Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
[2] Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
It was then, that I was born again, and had received the Person of His Holy Spirit through John 3:1-8.
Not only was I saved since a child, but now personally ordained by Him to be an Ambassador for Him, in whatever capacity He will use me, for His purposes!

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BOL would you leave the Catholic Church if indulgences happened, Jesus had full blooded siblings, and sexual abuse has occurred on a ginormous scale in the church? No necessarily in that order?
Hi Aspen.

I get the gist of your question. I guess the same could be asked of you only in reverse: Would you become Catholic if there was no solid evidence of Jesus having full blooded siblings?

Curious Mary

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Aspen.

I get the gist of your question. I guess the same could be asked of you only in reverse: Would you become Catholic if there was no solid evidence of Jesus having full blooded siblings?

Curious Mary

Yes

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BOL would you leave the Catholic Church if indulgences happened, Jesus had full blooded siblings, and sexual abuse has occurred on a ginormous scale in the church? No necessarily in that order?
If the Catholic Church changed its doctrines, like pretty much EVERY Protestant denomination has - I would probably leave it.

Last edited:

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before I begin, know this: infant baptism is NOT a made up doctrine of any particular Church!!
Jesus invited the little children to come to Him, through THEIR PARENTS.
Mat. 19[14] But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
The word "suffer" in the KJV means to "permit/allow" them to come to Jesus.
The word "little" means "infants".
This is sound biblical doctrine for "infants" TO COME, or be brought by the parent(s) to Jesus.
Therefore, all believing parents especially, should comply with the desire/will of Jesus!!
OT scripture supports this, but it is
applied erroneously to the FALSE doctrine of a "one thousand year reign on the earth, AFTER Christ returns", aka by the "religious" term, "THE" Millennium.
Isa. 65[20] There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
> for a better understanding, of the application and meaning of Isa. 65:20, see Isa. 55:8-9 and John 16:13.
This should help you to also better understand WHEN and HOW the period of WHAT "a thousand years" IS or means. See 2 Peter 3[8] But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
IT MEANS NOW, ever since The Day of Pentecost!!

Sorry, but I have seen too many infant baptisms in a particular church to be able to accept that statement.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, it is!

Because "In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God" 2 Cor 4:4

and

"The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Cor 2:14

for starters :D
We need first of all to be like "Lydia...whose heart the Lord opened" (Acts 16).