Is it a sin for a Christian to vote for a Democrat?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh I am going to love this! How do you figure that?

What are the teachings of Jesus ? How about we start with rule #1 - Do unto others .

If you don't want others forcing their religious beliefs on you though physical violence (Law) - then perhaps the religious right fundamentalists should not be doing this to others.

I find it appalling that you would try to bring Jesus into the petty Red vs Blue Politics. Trump is a Goblin - and the majority of Blue are Christians.

Reactions: Seven of Nine

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little bit of History

... a history which few are aware of and which need a "refresher" on who Donald Trump is, and his desire for our nation. And of course, he IS PRO-CHRISTIAN VALUES, PRO-LIFE, and PRO-ISRAEL, amongst his other objectives.

But when have GOD's servants ever been recognized except after being killed.
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...federal funding has strings attached. ...

Ummmmmmm, tax exempt is not "Federal Funding". It's simply not FEDERALLY TAXED. And so when a Liberal Politician shows up in a church with a newly acquired "Southern Accent", everything is fine. But when a Conservative Politician shows up in a church the Government THREATENS to REVOKE their Tax Exempt Status.

In fact things got so bad in the mid-70's that Christian Radio was FORCED to broadcast NON-RELIGIOUS programming one day a week. But NONE of the NON-CHRISTIAN stations were FORCED to broadcast RELIGIOUS programming one day a week. And after several years of this RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION, the FCC removed that requirement.

:)
Bobby Jo

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think creating division in society is the most important aspect of society? That creating divisions is proof you are in the Light?

I don't know if the allegations you list are true or not. That list could fit Donald Trump more. Time will tell who if anyone else goes to prison.
You still don't get it do you? The government is filled with corrupted people, both Democrat and Republican. When I say "corrupted" I mean "subject to blackmail." A man rising in power is taken to parties and introduced to young women to sleep with them and during the act, pictures are taken of them. The man is given both power and money and all the pleasure he seeks providing he gives the cabal what they need when they need it. If the man wants out or attempts to leave, he is threatened with blackmail or worse, he and his family are murdered. The government is filled with hundreds of people just like that, all working for the cabal.

The fact that Trump is an outsider, not corrupted by sexual favors or offers of riches, makes him a threat. Trump is in the process of bringing the entire thing down on their heads, which is the source of all the discord you see. Antifa is not a random group of antifascists, or anarchist. They are the militant arm of the cabal. Their job is to intimidate all those who question the system and raise concerns. The MSM is also compromised and working for the Cabal. Their job is to create fear and panic among the population because those who are afraid can be controlled.

What do these people have in common?
Pelosi's son
Kerry's son
Romney's son
Biden's son
Hint: Geo location: Ukraine
Hint: Energy

Imagine what would happen, if, by law, every US Congressman/woman, US Senator, President etc. was by US law audited every 1-2 years by an independent agency.
Imagine what would happen if those audits extended to all family members of such 'elected' official?
Would D's continue to push for Foreign Aid to other C's vs. the Homeland?
What happens when the kickbacks dry up?
M. Waters $4mm House?
N. Pelosi net worth $150mm+?
J. Biden son/brother net worth tens of millions?
Clinton family $200mm+ (pre election of BC less than $1mm)?
Obama family $40mm+ (pre election less than $1mm)?
Disguised under book deals?
………….
Those who take are offered more powerful positions within the party (controlled).

Who audits where the money goes?
% to original mandate?
Salary of a US Senator?
Salary of a US Congressman/woman?
Salary of a US President?
Salary of a US Vice President?
Net worth pre_office?
Net worth post_office?
How do elected officials become mega/multi-millionaires?
Corruption.
Logical thinking

Reactions: Ziggy and Bobby Jo

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well for 1 thing he isn't in congress and only congress can change the law.
No matter how much Republicans want to repeal R. v W. It will ultimately take an act of congress to do so.
Because the Courts don't make laws they uphold them.
Now if someone brings a case and challenges the law thats a whole new jar of cookies.
So Trump is against abortion, but believes in the womans right to choose.
And as I said those are my views as well.
I can not control what you do with your body. Thats between you and well, if you don't believe in God then it's between you yourself and the fly on the wall.
I would never have one. Sounds like Trump would never recommend one.
Yet living in a country where freedom rings, if and until they change the law, we are a land of law and order and will stand by (oh there's that stand by controversial 2 words of racism ugh) What the law says.
There's no controversy here, is there a controversy here?? Chant it.
I sat up watching protests from 10pm to 6am for over 120 nights.
After awhile you start sounding kind of like them.
My bad :(

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are the teachings of Jesus ? How about we start with rule #1 - Do unto others .

If you don't want others forcing their religious beliefs on you though physical violence (Law) - then perhaps the religious right fundamentalists should not be doing this to others.

I find it appalling that you would try to bring Jesus into the petty Red vs Blue Politics. Trump is a Goblin - and the majority of Blue are Christians.
Well then you make it to easy. Incoherent rambling. Doesn't murdering 8 millions babies in the last ten years constitute forcing someone's views or religion, on someone...someone innocent. Do you have a religion for murdering babies?

Does making our neighborhoods unsafe with the murderous mobs, does that constitute forcing someone's views or religion, on someone? Does that help our children?

Prosecuting people that defend themselves against murderous mobs, does that constitute forcing someone's views or religion, on someone.

Yes, there is a line drawn between good and evil during this election and a vote for any Democrat is vote for Satan, a vote for communism, a vote against this country and all that it stands for.

Go ahead, I want to hear more defense of Satan.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmmmm, tax exempt is not "Federal Funding". It's simply not FEDERALLY TAXED. And so when a Liberal Politician shows up in a church with a newly acquired "Southern Accent", everything is fine. But when a Conservative Politician shows up in a church the Government THREATENS to REVOKE their Tax Exempt Status.

In fact things got so bad in the mid-70's that Christian Radio was FORCED to broadcast NON-RELIGIOUS programming one day a week. But NONE of the NON-CHRISTIAN stations were FORCED to broadcast RELIGIOUS programming one day a week. And after several years of this RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION, the FCC removed that requirement.

:)
Bobby Jo
I’m not talking about tax-exempt status. Churches should be tax-exempt. By federal funding, I’m taking about churches receiving money from the government.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still don't get it do you? The government is filled with corrupted people, both Democrat and Republican. When I say "corrupted" I mean "subject to blackmail." A man rising in power is taken to parties and introduced to young women to sleep with them and during the act, pictures are taken of them. The man is given both power and money and all the pleasure he seeks providing he gives the cabal what they need when they need it. If the man wants out or attempts to leave, he is threatened with blackmail or worse, he and his family are murdered. The government is filled with hundreds of people just like that, all working for the cabal.

The fact that Trump is an outsider, not corrupted by sexual favors or offers of riches, makes him a threat. Trump is in the process of bringing the entire thing down on their heads, which is the source of all the discord you see. Antifa is not a random group of antifascists, or anarchist. They are the militant arm of the cabal. Their job is to intimidate all those who question the system and raise concerns. The MSM is also compromised and working for the Cabal. Their job is to create fear and panic among the population because those who are afraid can be controlled.

What do these people have in common?
Pelosi's son
Kerry's son
Romney's son
Biden's son
Hint: Geo location: Ukraine
Hint: Energy

Imagine what would happen, if, by law, every US Congressman/woman, US Senator, President etc. was by US law audited every 1-2 years by an independent agency.
Imagine what would happen if those audits extended to all family members of such 'elected' official?
Would D's continue to push for Foreign Aid to other C's vs. the Homeland?
What happens when the kickbacks dry up?
M. Waters $4mm House?
N. Pelosi net worth $150mm+?
J. Biden son/brother net worth tens of millions?
Clinton family $200mm+ (pre election of BC less than $1mm)?
Obama family $40mm+ (pre election less than $1mm)?
Disguised under book deals?
………….
Those who take are offered more powerful positions within the party (controlled).

Who audits where the money goes?
% to original mandate?
Salary of a US Senator?
Salary of a US Congressman/woman?
Salary of a US President?
Salary of a US Vice President?
Net worth pre_office?
Net worth post_office?
How do elected officials become mega/multi-millionaires?
Corruption.
Logical thinking
You sure your in the right thread :p
Just kidding..
Young women huh? And young men, and, and and..
we have some really deviant and malign people in politics.
A young woman would be normal. Some of these people are not normal.
Can you imagine how much blackmail and bribery are held against those who took trips to say, Haiti? or Epstein Island?
Some fancy forests over in the UK where they like to go umm hunting.
These aren't theories either. They are documented court cases.
Most are sealed but every now and then a couple sneak out.
One of Trump's first Executive Orders was for Crimes against Humanity.
And every year it gets renewed.
Thats why they want us shut down. Thats why they want us censored.
Because people like us aren't supposed to be asking questions like those.
Too late.. we got it all :)

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well for 1 thing he isn't in congress and only congress can change the law.
No matter how much Republicans want to repeal R. v W. It will ultimately take an act of congress to do so.
Because the Courts don't make laws they uphold them.
Now if someone brings a case and challenges the law thats a whole new jar of cookies.
So Trump is against abortion, but believes in the womans right to choose.
And as I said those are my views as well.
I can not control what you do with your body. Thats between you and well, if you don't believe in God then it's between you yourself and the fly on the wall.
I would never have one. Sounds like Trump would never recommend one.
Yet living in a country where freedom rings, if and until they change the law, we are a land of law and order and will stand by (oh there's that stand by controversial 2 words of racism ugh) What the law says.
There's no controversy here, is there a controversy here?? Chant it.
I sat up watching protests from 10pm to 6am for over 120 nights.
After awhile you start sounding kind of like them.
My bad :(
I think you are confused somewhat. For starters, Congress can't repeal Roe v. Wade.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not talking about tax-exempt status. Churches should be tax-exempt. By federal funding, I’m taking about churches receiving money from the government.
We agree about keeping them tax-exempt. They should not be taxed if operating for the benefit of the people. It's gone to an extreme today with churches now are not content with being exempt from giving the government money to them wanting money from the government. That tells me their congregations are not supporting them so they want the government to. The government is doing the charity work more than the churches. Why should people give to churches like that?

I remain convinced that only churches can address the problem of abortion; and to do that, they need to start acting more like churches and less like branches of the government.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are confused somewhat. For starters, Congress can't repeal Roe v. Wade.
I could be I'm not a lawyer. But I did find this:
Would the Supreme Court Overturn Roe v. Wade?
A complete overturn of Roe v. Wade is unlikely because of stare decisis. But abortion rights could change through subsequent decisions. That's why so many states have continued to pass laws that contradict Roe. If those laws are challenged all the way up to the Supreme Court, it will have to revisit the issue and decide how far the privacy rights established in Roe can extend.

So State laws rather than Congress would have the power to change the law.. is that what this is saying?
Thank You I take all the help I can get :)
HUGS

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is hard for me to take this seriously. It's wishful thinking.

I would say maybe it's people like Q who are trying to create fear and panic, imagining shadowy enemies everywhere.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A complete overturn of Roe v. Wade is unlikely because of stare decisis. But abortion rights could change through subsequent decisions. That's why so many states have continued to pass laws that contradict Roe. If those laws are challenged all the way up to the Supreme Court, it will have to revisit the issue and decide how far the privacy rights established in Roe can extend.

So State laws rather than Congress would have the power to change the law.. is that what this is saying?
HUGS
Yes, states can change their laws; but Roe v. Wade puts limits on what kind of restrictions they can put into their laws. If Roe got struck down, states could still allow abortion as they see fit. It wouldn't stop abortion.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

HUGS
More than one way to skin a cat Ziggy....with the left it is always follow the money. Stop the funding for abortion and you will reduce it significantly.

Reactions: Bobby Jo and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, states can change their laws; but Roe v. Wade puts limits on what kind of restrictions they can put into their laws. If Roe got struck down, states could still allow abortion as they see fit. It wouldn't stop abortion.
Well, a woman's gonna do what a woman's gonna do law or no law.
I think thats why RvW was created, so women wouldnt be killing themselves in alleys.
Among other people's genocidal agendas. But yeah I dont think anything would stop a woman from doing what she set her mind to. Right or wrong.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it a sin for a Christian to vote for a Democrat?
OP ^

Can't say about voting For a Democrat...
But it might be a sin to Be a Democrat.

;)

Reactions: Grailhunter

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't know of ANY Government that funds churches, -- certainly not the U.S. :)

With VERY Best Regards,
Bobby Jo

Reactions: JohnDB
Status
Not open for further replies.