Is it a sin to use pharmaceuticals?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi so I've been away from this site for several weeks. But I have a question now. Is it sinful to use antipsychotic medications? Could a Christian argument be made that using stuff like SSRIs and other meds be considered sorcery today? I'm on a drug regimen myself and I feel I kind of need to be, otherwise I don't feel so hot in my mind. I'm not taking a whole cocktail of meds, just one. Please be brutally honest if you think it is or isn't. One defense for using is that God created everything to have certain properties and that when these properties are discovered and utilized to produce a medication, God is glorified that His creation has been used to heal another of their ailments. What do you guys think?
I think it's okay to take medication prescribed by reputable physicians, though I prefer to take as few drugs as possible.

Reactions: ButterflyJones