Is it me, or are we looking at Biblical Prophecy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Just be certain you are not impugning God's character that He doesn't keep His promises.
i agree there, but doesn't this "promise" hinge upon one verse, and also insist upon a certain interp of "fig tree budding?"

Israel the State is a satellite of the US, which, nothing necessarily wrong with that, but imo that pov also requires a pretty rose-colored view of the US, which i also see is pretty rampant.

No one even contemplates leaving the world anymore iow.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel is a spiritual nation now, seems Scripture makes that pretty plain too. But i guess, what, like 30 years from now or whatever, when the last one has to have died, we can pick this back up.

Try re-reading Romans 11, only this time slowly without any preconceived ideas.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but i detect that you have also pledged allegiance, and your pastor has signed a Contract for Jesus, too. Am i right or wrong there?

i notice no one wants to contemplate or reply to the hard questions, either.

Not exactly sure how to respond to that. You lost me.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Try re-reading Romans 11, only this time slowly without any preconceived ideas.
i have no problem with all Jews who have not bowed the knee to Baal being accepted. How that makes the State of Israel a prophecy fulfilled i don't really get.
Surely "patriotic Christian" is not a conundrum for you, and pledging allegiance to a State = leaving the world, then.

Pastors signing financial agreements with the State that add up to 666 are just obvious signs i guess. You don't see any hypocrisy there?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i get this a lot with these questions, like they are incomprehensible or something lol. Not laughing at you here, but i mean really. The ramifications should be pretty obvious. Do you think you can pledge allegiance to a state and also leave the world? Do you think it is possible for a "pastor" to sign a 501(6)c3(6), and claim financial benefits via form 1023(6) and not be compromised? You don't see any conflicts of interest there?

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i get this a lot with these questions, like they are incomprehensible or something lol. Not laughing at you here, but i mean really. The ramifications should be pretty obvious. Do you think you can pledge allegiance to a state and also leave the world? Do you think it is possible for a "pastor" to sign a 501(6)c3(6), and claim financial benefits via form 1023(6) and not be compromised? You don't see any conflicts of interest there?

I might if it applied to me. Not sure how this has anything to do with the topic. When I said "I know in whom I placed my trust", that was in reference to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. You have a wild view of reality.

Crickets? No, I have a business to run also. I don't get the luxury of spending every waking moment finding a new conspiracy under every bush.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I might if it applied to me. Not sure how this has anything to do with the topic. When I said "I know in whom I placed my trust", that was in reference to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. You have a wild view of reality.
i just mean to address the reality that we are indoctrinated from birth into the State, and so phrases like "patriotic Christian" or "pledging allegiance" to a flag while trying to also follow Christ become hard or impossible to recognize for their hypocrisy.

I could say that i "know" those things, too; but if i vote, and consider "service" to be "to my country," and then i make noises about "in whom i placed my trust," well, the dichotomy should be obvious.

In another example, your pastor has either signed a 501c3 or he has not, it is not a puzzle. And that is either a conflict of interest or not, right. Also not too hard to figure out.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My only "service to my country" was in uniform and was something I spent years coming to grips with. I would have preferred not to have that experience which seared my memory like a hot iron.

I never even bothered to ask my pastor if my congregation is 501c status. Again, I have too much to occupy my time to run around looking for stuff like that.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
My only "service to my country" was in uniform and was something I spent years coming to grips with. I would have preferred not to have that experience which seared my memory like a hot iron.

I never even bothered to ask my pastor if my congregation is 501c status. Again, I have too much to occupy my time to run around looking for stuff like that.
well, for my part that is the first thing i would be finding out, but then we are all in different places, and other people on the bell curve would frame their replies differently i guess. The point being that in general, Christians believe that "patriotic Christian" is not an oxymoron, and in general, pastors accepting financial arrangements with the world are considered completely acceptable, or not worth even looking into, and the discussion of conflict of interest is avoided, or cannot even be made clear to people, speaking generally.

Tbh you are like the first person who has ever even acknowledged a post in this vein, even if it is to be dismissive of it. Most ppl steadfastly refuse to pick up the thread at all. No one really wants to contemplate leaving the world of course; we just get good at giving that lip-service.

Pastors recommending whom to vote for is ok too, i guess, and etc. Understand that i have no problem with this, i just recognize that those pastors are worldly to that extent, and likely are evincing other signs of blindness, preaching rapture doctrine, or suggesting that one might be saved after some altar works done once in the past, etc. Telling people they are going to heaven when they die, and other heresies not supported by the Book. Preaching fear of hell. Affirming the MSM on the "coming" troubles lol.

Thank God all that is melting away now, and ppl have finally got wise to our "churches."

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess the main reason I never gave it much thought is that something like 501c3 never seemed to be a conflict with Romans 13.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how would being 501c3 be in contradiction to 1 Peter 5 again?

Best I can tell from the tax code, all 501c3 is an exemption from income tax because of non profit entity. Or some sort of charitable status. That is not taking money from government, it is keeping their greedy hands off of it. No different than when I take a authorized deduction or exemption on my personal taxes. And I am very confident that my congregation hasn't taken grants or giveaways from the government. And neither have I for my business interests either.

Last edited:

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to post #1. Are we in or near the last days? Mat. 24, Mark 13 ad luk 21. End time signs. YES.
the big one for me, is the Fact that I was told at age 10 by the Holy Spirit that I will be alive when Jesus returns
I'm 75 there can't be much time left.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to post #1. Are we in or near the last days? Mat. 24, Mark 13 ad luk 21. End time signs. YES.
the big one for me, is the Fact that I was told at age 10 by the Holy Spirit that I will be alive when Jesus returns
I'm 75 there can't be much time left.

I get the feeling you could be right. Everything is converging at breakneck speed.

Reactions: pompadour