Is it on Saturday, or is it on Sunday... which.... which?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
SHABBAT...
is interesting, because God gave this before "Moses Law" came around.
Just like the TITHE.
Both pre-existed before Moses, or the Law and Commandments.

SHABBAT.....Its a day of rest, that was created for Man.

Now, Cults, and Heretics, teach that Man is made for the Shabbat, as if mankind is to obey a day of the week, as if its a LAW.
Its not.
Shabbat was MADE for Man.............not man for Shabbat.

Jesus would heal and teach on Shabbat, to show the religious pride filled heretics that HE is the Lord of Shabbat, and Shabbat is not the Lord of Him.

Now, reader, if you are born again, and not just water baptized and religious, then you are IN CHRIST, and "ONE with God", and they are not bound by Shabbat, and neither are you.
Listen.. "there is now NO CONDEMNATION to those who are in Christ"... = ALL the BORN AGAIN.

So, before some of you "flame on" and "freak out" because you are so infected with this SUNDAY or SATURDAY concept... let me just say that its fine if you want to have a day of rest.
If you feel that this is Sunday, then so be it.
If you feel this is Saturday, then good for you.
God is actually only interested in YOU... He's not interested in some day of the week, event.

"you are NOT under the Law, but UNDER GRACE"..., so, dont turn a day of week into a LAW, when "Shabbat" was given before Moses Law existed.
See it?

Just realize that anything you do for God, is good, except for trying to force others to do what you feel YOU have to do.

See, CHRISTianity, is not a religion.. Its not rules and regulation, and man made traditions.

CHRISTianity, = IS YOU and JESUS and GOD... all become ONE,...... and so, this is so very personal, and so very much a "one on one" eternal relationship.
And all the other stuff, other then Paul's doctrine, and being sure you live a life that LOVES others by deeds and not just words, as you give yourself to God... all that other stuff... is just "stuff".
It just "religious"..
Its "forum arguments".. that are meaningless and to be avoided.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
SHABBAT...
is interesting, because God gave this before "Moses Law" came around.
Just like the TITHE.
Both pre-existed before Moses, or the Law and Commandments.

SHABBAT.....Its a day of rest, that was created for Man.

Now, Cults, and Heretics, teach that Man is made for the Shabbat, as if mankind is to obey a day of the week, as if its a LAW.
Its not.
Shabbat was MADE for Man.............not man for Shabbat.

Jesus would heal and teach on Shabbat, to show the religious pride filled heretics that HE is the Lord of Shabbat, and Shabbat is not the Lord of Him.

Now, reader, if you are born again, and not just water baptized and religious, then you are IN CHRIST, and "ONE with God", and they are not bound by Shabbat, and neither are you.
Listen.. "there is now NO CONDEMNATION to those who are in Christ"... = ALL the BORN AGAIN.

So, before some of you "flame on" and "freak out" because you are so infected with this SUNDAY or SATURDAY concept... let me just say that its fine if you want to have a day of rest.
If you feel that this is Sunday, then so be it.
If you feel this is Saturday, then good for you.
God is actually only interested in YOU... He's not interested in some day of the week, event.

"you are NOT under the Law, but UNDER GRACE"..., so, dont turn a day of week into a LAW, when "Shabbat" was given before Moses Law existed.
See it?

Just realize that anything you do for God, is good, except for trying to force others to do what you feel YOU have to do.

See, CHRISTianity, is not a religion.. Its not rules and regulation, and man made traditions.

CHRISTianity, = IS YOU and JESUS and GOD... all become ONE,...... and so, this is so very personal, and so very much a "one on one" eternal relationship.
And all the other stuff, other then Paul's doctrine, and being sure you live a life that LOVES others by deeds and not just words, as you give yourself to God... all that other stuff... is just "stuff".
It just "religious"..
Its "forum arguments".. that are meaningless and to be avoided.
Neither. We are to keep the spirit of the law, not the letter. So now, you can gather together either day.

What I find interesting is that Hebrews 10:25 discloses that because they no longer had a law to go by, some didn't gather with anyone.

" not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

("The Day approaching" is the second coming of Jesus. Not a "sabbath" day. )

The spirit of the sabbath is "abiding in Jesus." We do this 24/7/365.

Reactions: Nancy and marks

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither. We are to keep the spirit of the law, not the letter. So now, you can gather together either day.

What I find interesting is that Hebrews 10:25 discloses that because they no longer had a law to go by, some didn't gather with anyone.

" not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

Well, if there is no God or His Commandments, then everyone is free to do that which is right in his or her own eyes... If that is what one believes..

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if there is no God or His Commandments, then everyone is free to do that which is right in his or her own eyes... If that is what one believes..
Hi Hobie,

The New Covenant is an entirely different type of covenant than the Old Covenant. We have the same God and Savior, Jesus Christ. And the Ten Commandments are still for sinners.

I attended the SDA church here on Saturday and am going back next Sabbath because they are going to have pot luck! I sure love those choplets! Before I tell you what I see as the New Covenant, I'm curious to know what you believe it is. Do you really believe it is the Old Covenant plus Jesus, minus the feasts? Is Jesus added to the Old Covenant to take care of having to offer sacrifices for sin?

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
" not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some,

My Thread is not disputing going to Church.

And im not one who is ever going to try to teach born again Christians anything about law keeping.
Christians are made free from the Law, by the Cross of Christ.

The spiritual law for the believer is "GRACE"... not Moses's writings..

Also, you might consider, @1stCenturyLady , that we are all assembled here, on the forum.

Think on that and see if you can make the connection to your verse about "assembling'.

So, my Thread, is simply designed to help people who are "'sabbath" obsessed, to understand that that there is no need to be that one.

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Thread is not disputing going to Church.

And im not one who is ever going to try to teach born again Christians anything about law keeping.
Christians are made free from the Law, by the Cross of Christ.

The spiritual law for the believer is "GRACE"... not Moses's writings..

Also, you might consider, @1stCenturyLady , that we are all assembled here, on the forum.

Think on that and see if you can make the connection to your verse about "assembling'.

So, my Thread, is simply designed to help people who are "'sabbath" obsessed, to understand that that there is no need to be that one.
Behold, I wasn't answering your post, but Hobie"s. Besides I was directed to go to the Adventist church last week-end, possibly because Hobie was going to answer one of my posts for the FIRST TIME EVER. I'm not against the Adventist church like I used to be when I was immature in the fruit of the Spirit. I go to different churches every week. But Hebrews 10:25 was about those in the 1st century taking being free from the law as you said, but taking it too far and wound up going no where. You haven't done that. Again, my post was to Hobie. And still is.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This post is the one to you. Not to debate your post, but to add to it what I was directed to say.