Is Jesus 100% man and 100% God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since when are science and any ways of mankind the measuring stick for what is possible for God Almighty?

It seems logical to say that if God works with His own logic and science that He created, then there is stuff He simply cannot do. It seems clear He cannot lie. He probably cannot make a square circle. And if He is unlimited in goodness and wisdom, then He probably cannot be bad or unwise.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justbodg wrote in part...

"I have heard of this 100% man and 100% God before. I don’t know where it originated, but it sounds like Jesus is the only 200% person. You cannot have 100% 2x if Jesus is 100% man. Because then he would have to be 0% God. And if he's 100% God. Then he would have to be 0% man."

The orthodox doctrine of the Trinity is that the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, and the three of them are co-equal, co-eternal, and share the same essence and together those three individual “Persons” are one triune God. The doctrine of the Trinity that Jesus is both 100% God and 100% man and that both the divine nature and his human nature live together in his flesh body is widely believed. Trinitarians who hold to the “classic” definition of the Trinity say Jesus was 100% God and 100% man while on the earth believe differently from Kenotic Trinitarians who believe Jesus set aside his godhood while he was a man on the earth.

My question is this: has there ever been any other concept in the history of mankind that was able to use the math and science that God created to ever speak about anything being 100% and also 100% of something else.
There are people that are born both as a male and a female, two headed snakes, and then the great Platypus that's half beaver and half duck.

Platypuses-food-worms.jpg

But Jesus is different. He is a divine being and Lord. But Jesus was clearly a man physically and shared with God's spirit spiritually. Commanded by God the Father to raise himself from the dead into the resurrection.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are people that are born both as a male and a female, two headed snakes, and then the great Platypus that's half beaver and half duck.

Platypuses-food-worms.jpg

But Jesus is different. He is a divine being and Lord. But Jesus was clearly a man physically and shared with God's spirit spiritually. Commanded by God the Father to raise himself from the dead into the resurrection.

Just so I can understand what you are talking about. Are you saying that 2 heads stuck together because the twins did not split before birth so that one head was a female and the other a male?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just so I can understand what you are talking about. Are you saying that 2 heads stuck together because the twins did not split before birth so that one head was a female and the other a male?
Not sure that's really important if you are not aware of the oddities of nature.

Jesus is created as a supreme being from the Father, his only begotten son. But his spirit is probably more holy and Godly then ours.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems logical to say that if God works with His own logic and science that He created, then there is stuff He simply cannot do. It seems clear He cannot lie. He probably cannot make a square circle. And if He is unlimited in goodness and wisdom, then He probably cannot be bad or unwise.
First of all, what passes for science today was not created by God.

The first scientists were devout Christians and their findings were much different than what is accepted as science fact today. Those efforts, and methods, have all been corrupted and counterfeited today.

Where is modern science's explanation for how God made something from nothing to create our world? The Big Bang?

Please.

How does math account for any miracle that God has ever worked when science declared, by its own measurements, that it was impossible?

Your claims have no stability whatsoever in the realm of Absolute Truth.

A hard-nosed scientist cannot approach the Bible with a complete lack of faith and expect to come away with anything but contempt for all that is contained therein. And if faith is your lens with which to assess the matters of the Word of God, science and math go by the wayside.

They are not compatible with matters of the Spirit.

God is a Spirit (John 4:24) and all that is contained in His Word is Spirit.

"63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh (all matter) profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you (all of the Bible), they are spirit, and they are life. ... 68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life."
John 6:63, 68

The Bible will never be compatible with the laws of modern math and science.

It is above them.

Jesus was fully man and fully God.

Do the math. ;)

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, what passes for science today was not created by God.

The first scientists were devout Christians and their findings were much different than what is accepted as science fact today. Those efforts, and methods, have all been corrupted and counterfeited today.

Where is modern science's explanation for how God made something from nothing to create our world? The Big Bang?

Please.

How does math account for any miracle that God has ever worked when science declared, by its own measurements, that it was impossible?

Your claims have no stability whatsoever in the realm of Absolute Truth.

A hard-nosed scientist cannot approach the Bible with a complete lack of faith and expect to come away with anything but contempt for all that is contained therein. And if faith is your lens with which to assess the matters of the Word of God, science and math go by the wayside.

They are not compatible with matters of the Spirit.

God is a Spirit (John 4:24) and all that is contained in His Word is Spirit.

"63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh (all matter) profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you (all of the Bible), they are spirit, and they are life. ... 68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life."
John 6:63, 68

The Bible will never be compatible with the laws of modern math and science.

It is above them.

Jesus was fully man and fully God.

Do the math. ;)

We are not on the same page. I speak about the math and science that God created. And somehow you read that and hear scientist.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not on the same page. I speak about the math and science that God created. And somehow you read that and hear scientist.
Despite your best efforts, all will see that there was much more to what I said than that. And whether you, personally, are a scientist or not, has no bearing on the point I made.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure that's really important if you are not aware of the oddities of nature.

Jesus is created as a supreme being from the Father, his only begotten son. But his spirit is probably more holy and Godly then ours.

It's important because you said someone can be born both male and female. So two things come to mind...

1.) I have never heard such a thing is possible
2.) If it were. Then they would not be 100 person male and also 100 percent female

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's important because you said someone can be born both male and female. So two things come to mind...

2.) If it were. Then they would not be 100 person male and also 100 percent female
So you are unaware of natures oddities. Look at : What is Intersex? | Definition of Intersexual

But it's basically a male and female in the same body. They're born with both male and female parts.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Also what's your point, you appear stuck on those oddities I pointed out, again not important.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also what's your point, you appear stuck on those oddities I pointed out, again not important.

The point is the conversation that you picked up on was where we were talking about can someone be 100 percent of one thing and then also 100 percent of something else as it relates to Jesus. Can he be both God and Jesus at the same time. In other words, 100 percent man and 100 percent God. You commented on that conversation and I'm simply replying.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are unaware of natures oddities. Look at : What is Intersex? | Definition of Intersexual

But it's basically a male and female in the same body. They're born with both male and female parts.

If anyone was ever born with both male and female parts (which I never heard of) then that would be twins that did not split properly before birth. In which case neither would be 100 percent male or 100 percent female.

Status
Not open for further replies.